Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hydramaster Titan 575 or Prochem Peak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike smith 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydramaster Titan 575 or Prochem Peak
    Posted: 05/January/2011 at 4:19pm
undecided as to which direction to go with next truckmount. looking at buying either a used prochem peak (2007} 580 hours which comes mounted in an older ford van of little value.also comes with a dehu and some turbo fans,hoses , 100gal. freshwater  and 100 gal. waste tanks.
other choice is the titan 575 with same tank options. 
obviously there is a considerable difference in cost between these two TM's
the titan will come with the full 2 year warranty.
not familiar with either of these machines personally other than the research I have done on sites like this one . 
looking for opinions on weather to spend the extra for the peace of mind in having a new machine and the warranty that comes with it . 
any reliability problems with them ? all comments appreciated.
the used unit would cost in the neighborhood of 15,000  the 575 about 28,000 when all is said and done.

Sponsored Links

mike smith 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike smith 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 2:49pm
have since decided against the peak. would like some input on the titan 575 . 
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 4:20pm
  • Subcategory: Slide In
  • Dimensions: 26"W x 39"H x 45"D
  • Weight: 900 lbs
  • Engine: 31 HP Daihatsu™ liquid cooled
  • Ignition: Electric keyless start
  • Vacuum Blower: Dominator™ 4007 Tri-Lobe, HydraMaster exclusive design, 400+ cfm, dual oil bath
  • Pump: 4.0 gpm plunger pump, 1,200 psi heated, 2,000 psi unheated, electric clutch control
  • Max Temp: 265º F
  • Chemical System: Last-step chemical injection, meter controlled
  • Heating System: Tube and fin heat exchanger with ADC temperature control
  • Recovery Tank: 70 gallon MaxAir™ recovery tank; aluminum, baked-on powder coated finish, includes stainless steel filter and filter basket, 36 1/2"L x 10 1/2"W x 31"H, 100 lbs
  • Solution Hose Length: 100 ft x 1/4"
  • Vacuum Hose Length: 150 ft x 2"
  • Wand Capacity: Dual
  • Fuel Consumption: 1.6 gph
  • Uses: Residental and Large Commercial
  • Retail Price: $22,585.00 Thats alot of greennbacks

Someone has to install so add another $650 or so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike smith 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 4:55pm
add to that 
- upgrade to 100 gal. waste tank
- 120 gal. fresh water tank
- 12 % sales tax HST  at least this will come back to me when submit our hst for this period
however the unit is a demo that comes with the regular 2 year warranty so that brings the price down a bit.   (154 hrs. on machine)

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 6:17pm
Right Mike.. About how much? You have pics at all you can post here?

With the 120gal fresh your also adding around 1000lbs to your Van.
I had a 75gal fresh at one time but now run off the garden hose
to my TM.

Good luck to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike smith 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 7:28pm
yes the weight is a concern but I live in a rural area where most water comes from wells. at least a fresh water tank gives me some control over what I put into my TM. the van is a 1 ton so should be all right.
have no pics yet as just ordered the machine this afternoon.will probably be about 2 weeks before I am back up and running.
I also ran my old unit with garden hose but it was a steamway with oil fired heater and with regular descaling was never a problem. From what I hear about heat exchangers I think a fresh water tank is a must for the 575
 Post Reply Post Reply