Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New to business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

you have to crawl before you can walk.  

@ 8mo. my Mother put me on the floor and she said i started to walk. LOL!LOL
TMF has some deals on 14" wands.Cool
Sponsored Links

c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 12:12pm
I have a meeting with a guy that's been in the business for 20+ years on Tues. We are going to sit and talk about a few idea's together, maybe me even  buying into his business. Worst case, he has alot on contacts on a possible tm and maybe sub me a few jobs to help get started. Anyone has any input on the buy in deal, or sub from another comapny...I guess the split would depend on some different factors.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 2:00pm
Good luck on that meeting sutton.. On the subject of sub work its going to vary.
For instance a restoration guy calls me up to finish 1500sft of carpet because
his extractamate/portable broke down. I tell him this is what i charge and payment is due on receipt. Cool

I dont have a clue what he is charging and it really dont matter. Just get what
you need to stay profitable and if your charge is too much I'm sure they will
negotiate with you..Big smile
NJPSR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJPSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 9:13am
Sutton, it seams like the meeting your going to have or had already the guy is willing
to help you out. Your very lucky to find someone like that if he or she is the real deal.
Hey it may be worth it to work with him a little until you get on your feet. Come up with a reasonable price for a buy in or just flat rate work etc. Good luck on what ever you do.
N.J.P. Property Maintenance, "We take care of all your cleaning needs"
howellsgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howellsgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2011 at 1:54am
My two cents worth...
I took IICRC classes and became certified prior to cleaning carpets. Met and become friends with the owner of a janitorial supply warehouse who had 20+ years experience. For the first couple of years I probably was calling him every day but he was willing to give advice cause I was a loyal customer and still am.  Just because one is certified does not mean they know jack about carpet cleaning or anything about the two-dozen cleaning and spotting products I use today. Having a mentor was a God-send.  
As far as equipment goes, Mytee is an awesome portable and the Rotovac 360 would make a perfect combo to start with.... Don’t forget that the traditional wand has it’s place too.  The Rotovac 360 and a portable with 200+ degree water with a little experience and you’ll be out performing 75% to 90% of the truck mount guys.
It’s hard work but definitely pays off in the long run. Good luck to you!
Howells' Carpet Cleaning
(503) 939-0534
Feel free to call with any questions you may have. I would be honored to help.
Geoffrey
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2011 at 10:32am
Originally posted by howellsgs howellsgs wrote:

My two cents worth...
I took IICRC classes and became certified prior to cleaning carpets. Met and become friends with the owner of a janitorial supply warehouse who had 20+ years experience. For the first couple of years I probably was calling him every day but he was willing to give advice cause I was a loyal customer and still am.  Just because one is certified does not mean they know jack about carpet cleaning or anything about the two-dozen cleaning and spotting products I use today. Having a mentor was a God-send.  
As far as equipment goes, Mytee is an awesome portable and the Rotovac 360 would make a perfect combo to start with.... Don’t forget that the traditional wand has it’s place too.  The Rotovac 360 and a portable with 200+ degree water with a little experience and you’ll be out performing 75% to 90% of the truck mount guys.
Ive used a wand for 25yrs. Most Tmers like me started with portys, I still use em.
The 75-90% are the bait and swishers!LOL! I use a wand like Ninjas use Surikens!Juggle
NJPSR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJPSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2011 at 9:08am
Wow John your nice for a change. Yep! Mytee makes a good product.
Good luck.
N.J.P. Property Maintenance, "We take care of all your cleaning needs"
Moris Chem Dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moris Chem Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2011 at 10:05pm
Clap
Good One Mate,
Well first of all you have research the market,
1  What type service you want to provide? ( Steam or Dry)
2. Which Area you want to serve?
3. How many local provider of the same service?
4. How Much they charge?

Then decide if you want to operate individually, be a part of a franchise
Both have there advantages and disadvantages
Do your home work carefully mate
If you need any help contact us.

Moris Chem Dry
1300 466 747
enquiry@moriscarpetcleaning.com.au
http://www.moriscarpetcleaning.com.au
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2011 at 7:27am
Originally posted by NJPSR NJPSR wrote:

Wow John your nice for a change. Yep! Mytee makes a good product.
Good luck.
Well Thankyou NJPSR. Time to get a glide the wand will give you
a 7734 of a workout! Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12