Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Challenger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schawthorne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenger
    Posted: 12/May/2011 at 3:53pm
Ok, getting redundant here but anyway, Checked out the Drysdale website and their start-up package. offers the Challenger OP and a few extras including a handheld for stairs.(looks like a car buffer). $2000 or 2200 if I want the 3/4 hp motor vs the 1/2hp. Anyone know about the challenger. Site says it's good for everything. trying to do a little research on various machines and packages before I dive in. I'm hesitant on used equipment to start because of no warranty.
Steve
A little hope can go a long way....
Sponsored Links

NJPSR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJPSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2011 at 4:45pm
First of all Welcome Steve. I don't own a challanger but I've heard good thing about them. Look around at the ccsop machines op machines, defender, breeze, brute etc.
Also HOS orbot. Also the cimex for commerical work.
N.J.P. Property Maintenance, "We take care of all your cleaning needs"
grimel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2011 at 9:17pm
I love OP.  I have 3 machines at the moment.

What is your goal?  Residential, commercial, or a mix of both?  I have a CCS Conq Breeze (15") that is about the same as the Challenger just a larger orbit (it cleans faster).  Ain't no way no how I want to use it on open commercial work.  It's purpose in life is congested areas (cubes, SMALL residential, between church pews - the Oreck gets the even smaller cubes and pews).   For general purpose use, get a 17" machine.  It is by far the most versatile size.  If you are handy, it is a snap to modify an ag sprayer to work for large commercial jobs as the sprayborg/Brute systems while holding a lot more juice.  One of the wheels on the ground (WOG) OP machines (CCS Easy Glide, Orbitec Defender, Orbot) is the easiest to operate.  With the spray system, I can do 2000 sq ft an hour with my 20" Defender.
When all else fails, read the directions
 Post Reply Post Reply