Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Dupont Teflon Toxic???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dupont Teflon Toxic???
    Posted: 30/October/2004 at 8:14pm

Did anyone here about the new report on Dupont Teflon???

A customer showed me an article ...that states dupont teflon is a silent killer...hmmm

www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2004 at 8:34pm
Dupont appears to be denying it.  I haven't heard anything for sometime.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2004 at 11:56am

T-fal that frying pan company uses it...they say if you let the pan get too hot on the stove and a bird flys within 2 feet over the fumes..it's drop dead over the pan...

great way to catch dinner

www.mr-steamer.com
Tybie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tybie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2007 at 11:04am
Yes it's toxic.

We're all rats in a big experiment, with the people running the experiment making billions of dollars.

If you're spraying this stuff in peoples' homes, you should be aware. I stopped using any fabric protectors when I started reading about it. They are made to stay on fabric. They stay on hot frying pans. They stay in your body too. I'm not waiting around for 20 years to read about mortality and cancer rates of carpet cleaners.

It started coming out around '99. Dupont settled a lawsuit in 2005 in which they had to be sued by the EPA to release information about health effects that they've known about for 30+ years.

The bit that wears off becomes dust in the home, people breath it in, and it stays in your body. It does not leave. And it is a 'likely carcinogen'.

Links:

CBC Marketplace

Video:

This is an excellant source on information.
Environmental Working Group:

aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2008 at 7:27pm
I don't think it is toxic.  That would open up a big lawsuit.  My customers ask me all the time about if it is pet and child friendly and I tell them it is safe.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
 Post Reply Post Reply