Print Page | Close Window

recoil 3

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1239
Printed Date: 03/May/2024 at 11:56am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: recoil 3
Posted By: cleencarpet
Subject: recoil 3
Date Posted: 19/March/2005 at 6:46pm
anyone use one of these i see with the booster you can get up to 400 cfm
that is unreal for a porty. with the booster you must need 3 cords though.
what kind of experiences have you had with this machin?
does it climb stairs ok?

Replies:
Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 21/March/2005 at 8:53am

cleencarpet;

Call us sometime (MIchigan 9-3pm est) 734-665-2399 and we can fill in the details, if that will help.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 21/March/2005 at 7:21pm

Yes, I own the Recoil 2hp modified with an additional high perf. 3 stage vac and heat.  very powerful. 3-3stage.

5550W onboard generator eliminates ever having to plug in Homes.

No need to take upstairs. keep it in the van or at the front door.

Date Posted: 21/March/2005 at 7:32pm

cleencarpet??

Another note -- Mainenance is practically nil, no downtime in 6yrs.

Replacement parts a whole lot cheaper than tms, easy to work on and never have to turn down long hose length jobs you cant reach with tm.

Recover your investment in no time. No monthly payments.

Date Posted: 21/March/2005 at 7:33pm
TM got you down?????

Posted By: cleencarpet
Date Posted: 22/March/2005 at 7:33pm
ED,
yes i will be giving you call tomorow.

John,
I love my TM very much.
i do multi housing and we are pulling more and more high rise accounts
were i can not reach with 450 feet of hose. i am in need of TM power on
20th floor and up..

P.S a while back i registerd for something and cleancarpet was taken so
cleencarpet stuck.
Thanks for the info John

Chris

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 22/March/2005 at 8:53pm
I wouldn't trade my truckmount  for a porty NO HOW......lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 22/March/2005 at 9:11pm
He's not trading man!!! Just asking.

Date Posted: 23/March/2005 at 9:17am

Cleencarpet;

Your situation is exactly like one of our customers locally. They have been using Whitemagic TM and wanted a high-performance Recoil 3HP for years. They clean in a high rise and their generic portable (can't mention the specific name here) just couldn't cut the mustard.

Now, they feel (as their customer does) that they are achieving the same results as their TM cleaning provided them, 20 stories up.

I'll look forward to your call.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com  

Date Posted: 24/March/2005 at 2:54pm

Just buy it. You won't regret it. Excellent after service also.

Posted By: kidynomite
Date Posted: 03/September/2005 at 7:02pm

how many amps does the recoil 3 use

has anyone tried it with a rotovac

Posted By: Robg
Date Posted: 04/September/2005 at 11:02am

To run everything on a Recoil 3 you need 2 15 amp circuits. If you plan to use it without the built in booster you can make it on 1. This is how I clean upholstery. I have had my Recoil for about 15 months. I have been pleased with it. The machine is solid, CA chemicals are an excellent value, and everytime I have called them, Ed has answered the phone and given me all the time I needed to resove whatever issue or question I may have. I would certainly reccomened doing business with Cross American.

Rob G

Posted By: hardworkers
Date Posted: 18/September/2005 at 10:17pm

Robg, how do you run the recoil?

I'm planning to run it has a Porty TM at 150ft at the most with 2 40 gal. tanks, a heat exchanger and still have the option to go portable.

Just looking for folks running this setup.

-------------
do it right once

Date Posted: 18/September/2005 at 10:39pm
Make sure you use the booster when running 150'..................

Posted By: hardworkers
Date Posted: 18/September/2005 at 11:04pm
The optional booster or the built in?

-------------
do it right once

Date Posted: 18/September/2005 at 11:09pm

both

Posted By: rhawkins
Date Posted: 19/January/2006 at 4:24pm
could a person use  another carpet machine as a booster........in conjuntion with the recoil 3.......suctioning from  booster dump valve to recoil and  using regular outlet to wand?

-------------
redhot

Date Posted: 20/January/2006 at 9:55am

Have to be careful with that idea.

The reason is that it could result in being out of balance. Has to keep the flow going in one direction. Otherwise, vac motor(s) burn out will be common.

Good Fortune;

Ed valentine

Date Posted: 21/January/2006 at 2:10am
flow sounds like pressure  and pressure sounds  like vacumm which leads one to lift that needs balancing.then the vac booster tank is actually now in a parallel configuration giving more cfm in which one is really after.just  tryin to figure all this out. hmmm. i have  lift guage so i will test the lift on  all three recoil vacs going at once.on booster i will  use the same amount  of vac lift to  make  flow even. ed.......you must  of had fun thinkin up that booster concept. how long ago was it anyway. just wondering  what new concepts you will  be coming up in the future. what ever they are.........they will be good i am sure. i sometimes wonder about fan designs in vac motors being better giving more  vac   with same  size  motor. oh well....must carry on.

-------------
redhot

Posted By: pirate
Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 7:29am
W

Posted By: pirate
Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 7:42am
Hey guys,
I am thinking about getting the Recoil 3 quad pack. Figuring prices for that heater and gererator and other small cost could cost me $9,000. Is this system that great? Looking at used TMs online you can get fairly decent used unit for that price.
Looking at the CFM specs on the Recoil, the claims are CFMs above alot of the TM's.. Im just really struggling about this and cant make up my mind. The TMs look like so much more machine for the money but I do like the idea of being able to go portable if needed on commercial accounts...

Thanks,
Pirate

Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 2:46pm
i believe ther are many benifits to quad pak.........versatile being the most important. plug the hole on operating expenses. when the mount goes down you screwed especially having to go distances like me. closest is 300km one way.one is able to do all his own repairs on recoil. from what i hear Ed will guide you through any problems. a pretty stand up fella in my estimation.

-------------
redhot

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 9:30am

Roy;

Thank you for your post.

I actually develpoed the POWER BOOSTER concept and system in the early '70's. I believe it was 1980 when we finally put a patent to it.

When we opened the doors here at Cross-American Corp., in 1977-78, we had designed and developed a much better way (In our opinion) of extraction performance; CFM's/air-flow, in electric portables that could run 200' from a van. Unheard of at the time and the missionary work (selling this newer concept) was extremely difficult back in those days. However, along came some of the competition who eventually tried to clone these ideas, and then it took off.

Yes, we are constantly working on newer and better ways of achieving performance and efficiency. And, this is the reason that a machine is much more than the sum of its components!

Thanks for asking.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Posted By: Steve_Gunn
Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 1:43pm
I have seen the recoil & booster in action over here in the UK very impressed.Drying times were fantastic they were even better when the booster was used in conjunction with the Eclipse machine.

-------------
South Tyneside Safe Trader Approved (North East)
Member of the NCCA
Woolsafe Certified Operator

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 2:25pm

Gentlemen;

When I saw Steve Gunn's name, I must admit that I had a hugh smile on my face.

For some of those here whom may not know Mr. Gunn, I can tell you that he is very well known , and respected in the UK. In my opinion, he is one of those "Old War Horses" with a ton of experience and is always willing to share it with others.

It was a real pleasure seeing his post.

The very best to our Brit friends;

Good Fortune to;

Ed Valentine

cross-american

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 2:32pm
I'm not that old

-------------
Member of the NCCA

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 3:15pm
Fastest..........Gunn...........in the North East

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Posted By: nextlevel
Date Posted: 21/June/2006 at 1:18am
Hi Recoil 3,
Do you own a Rotovac?  What do you think about it?  What are the things you like about it?  I am thinking about buying one.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. 

Posted By: andyUK
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:16pm
alright mate,i just noticed your message on this forum.Im origionally from manchester but now live in ft lauderdale FL.I bought the recoil 3 some months back,and am in the process of starting my company.Ed Valentine spoke highly of you  Clap so i thought you could be the person to ask about non toxic cleaning,Ive found a few company;s over here that claim there solutions are the best thing since sliced bread,but,if they dont work then whats the point in me advertising naturally safe cleaning...If you have any sugestions that could help me out Id be more than grateful,heres a few of the companies Ive found,Bio-kleen,1st enviro safety,ecogent,steamway,natural choices,& bane clene. Ive spoke to a few people and said my intention to go "all natural" and Ive had very positive feedback,especially from people who work in the yachting industry here...Anyway any advice or referals would be brilliant   CHEERS MATE andy      Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 2:53am
I believe this stuff is similar to stuff available in the states http://www.bixecotech.co.uk/sc1000.htm which the American forces use for  numerous tasks.Iwill try and find a link and post it later.

Steve

-------------
Member of the NCCA

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by nextlevel nextlevel wrote:

Hi Recoil 3,
Do you own a Rotovac?  What do you think about it?  What are the things you like about it?  I am thinking about buying one.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. 

I have sold very few Rotovac 360 and I put that down to pricing. But it is interesting that the few people I have sold have come back for a second 360. Now that's a testimonial!

I even have one customer who must buy only equipment and products from his franchise. He comes in the back doo and leaves quickly. His second purchase told me how happy he was. His third purchase tells me its making money for him.

Although he claims all three crews will fight over who gets it today.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 8:11pm
andyUK,

Buy Chemspec Heavy Duty All Purpose. It's green and kicks @ss. Do you deal with my friend Mike Borus at Cleaning Depot in Del Ray Beach?

If not, you should.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net