Print Page | Close Window

Rotovac Startup Package

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Rotovac
Forum Description: Discussion about Rotovac machines.
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1625
Printed Date: 19/March/2024 at 3:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rotovac Startup Package
Posted By: JaredW
Subject: Rotovac Startup Package
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 12:21am
Could i ask some of the more seasoned veterans here to look at the Rotovac startup package on www.rotovac.com and comment. I'm thinking of picking up this package as a starter unit.

I'm mostly intersted in the rotovac wand system, but a cross american portable, but for the price, it seems like i can buy the rotovac starter system for under $3500. Any recommendations, I'm going to start using this on my commercial customers and some residential jobs. After i do my own carpets of course.

All advise appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 8:19am

My suggestion regarding the min. cost difference which may be spread out over the next 4-5 years along with the cost savings on the first job (labor and results) may be worth the purchase price of what you really want.

Paying alittle more for a product if you can afford it---may be proven to be worth every penny when looking at the Pro's and Con's.

Just my experience, and thoughts.....

Good Fortune;

Ed Valentine

Cross-American Corp.

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 10:58am

all portables are peanuts compared to purchasing a TM and all the goodies

I'm far from a portie expert but I do know Ed will stand behind his products and share alot of advice on cleaning and business

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 11:33am
JaredW: A startup package is just that. I consider it like buying a beginners kit?  people usually by a beginners whatever for their kids  to see if they are interested like a guitar or something. If they are not interested no big deal because it was cheap and maybe they can unload it. Is that how you want to start into the cleaning business? Contact Ed get some good sound  advice in the beginning and have a good soild foundation to build your business on. I think the Fram commerical says it best. You can pay me now or pay me latter.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: locharles
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 12:05pm

JaredW:

Be aware that the Rotovac does not do really well on commercial glude down carpet. It tends to chatter and not extract well.

It does fantastic on higher nap carpets.

Several persons have or are developing glides for the Rotovac that they claim will make the Rotovac more usable on commercial glue down.

But check out all claims and the reputations of all manufacturers on their products before spending your hard earned monies.

In my opinion, you could not do better than purchasing a portable from Cross American, as Mr. Valentine's products are well designed and built, perform as claimed, and are sold by a true Gentleman who knows this business.

Give him a call and talk to him before you make any kind of decision on your purchase.

Good luck to you on your new business venture!

Posted By: JaredW
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 4:13pm
I certainly do appreciate all of your comments and after just speaking with Mr. Valentine, i will be purchasing a Recoil 3 HP this week. I have looked everywhere for a portable that had the power of a truck mount and have a link to cross amercian right on my desktop as a constant reminder of the standard to which i compare all other portables.

I want to reitterate Mr. Valentine's commitment to his products. He was truthful and completely accurate regarding my questions, which other manufacturers were quick to try and sell me on their products, rather than answer truthfully. I consider it a priviledge to have a supplier that is so interested in my sucess and look forward to recommending him to others.

Thank you Ed.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 4:30pm

JaredW.... No matter what you get it'll come down to yourself as an operator.  There is a right way and a wrong way.  A proven cleaner can walk into a job with a Bisell..

good luck..

BTW I love my truck mount... if you're serious thats the place to look

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 5:06pm
Mr. Steamer: I didn't know you had a Bisell tm?? Is it a big green machine?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 12:15pm

purple

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 12:37pm
Is the purple one a slide in  or cd??

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 1:58pm
It's a slide in..........................................to your glove compartment

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 3:36pm
Must be a big van???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 4:24pm
Nope. It's a small tm

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 4:33pm
Sort of a beginner's package??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 7:34pm
You could call it that

Date Posted: 18/June/2005 at 8:22pm
Small residential jobs.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 1:27am
Yup. Barbie's house

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 10:09am
That is the average in the GTA after it only takes 10 or 15 minutse a job in the GTA.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 1:16pm
You have to move quick. Time is money

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 1:50pm
GTA the home of drive by cleanings.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 2:25pm
Just wave the wand out the window as you go by and toss the bill in the mailbox

Date Posted: 19/June/2005 at 3:50pm
Hell just send the bill.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/June/2005 at 12:19am
Wow. Can you do that?

Date Posted: 20/June/2005 at 11:28am

A sincere bit of THANKS to all above.

You are very welcomed, Jared, and I really appreciated the opportunity of speaking with you.

And, Thank you for recognizing our most basic committment since 1978; that of servicing and giving the above board information to all our friends in this Industry. It doesn't take a genious to know that when the Professional Cleaner builds his/her business toward the goal of success, that ours will always follow only because of them and their efforts.

It was our privilage and I look forward to your call;

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine   "YOUR SILENT PARTNER"

http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com   

Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 17/December/2005 at 10:31am
I bought teh Rotovac Start up package & I think it is Great. As time went buy I added alot of more thigs to it. I am looking into buying a truck mount next summer.

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Date Posted: 19/December/2005 at 1:50pm

Jared;

BTW, How is that RECOIL-3HP workhorse doing for you?

Good Fortune;

Ed Valentine

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net