Print Page | Close Window

What do you think works better???

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2361
Printed Date: 30/April/2024 at 9:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What do you think works better???
Posted By: jtuseo
Subject: What do you think works better???
Date Posted: 06/February/2006 at 2:09pm

Hey guys what do you think will be more effective.

6x9 full color flyers artwork on both sides full color

or

Nice full color door hanger flyers?

thank you for your responses

John

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 06/February/2006 at 5:31pm

They'll both go in the garbage..............it's your choice

Nightrider

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 06/February/2006 at 7:56pm

If I had to choose.....I'd go with the door hanger.

Make sure you make thousands upon thousands to make it successful.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 06/February/2006 at 8:39pm

Print one side. Don't waste ink printing 2 sides. A great headline and benefits will pull jobs.... even 500 should pull 1 or 2 jobs.... I booked 4 jobs off 500 one time....Big smile

go in area's with maibox at the curb....tape flyer on post. faster..you will get more out..... beat's walking...

Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 1:36am

The only one who will be making any money with the flyers is the guy printing them...........

Why would anyone want to give away something people throw in the garbage...........send them something that they will keep

Nightrider

Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 9:49am
What would be something that they would keep. I do have to say that I get a 1%-3% return rate on my flyers.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 1:47pm
wow your lucky

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 3:59pm

Jtuseo ( what does that mean ) Sit back in your most comfortable chair tonight and think of all the things that you might keep if someone sent you an advertising gimmick to have your carpets cleaned............and there you will find all your answers.................

Nightrider

Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 5:02pm

I average $450.00US for every 500 flyers....Who's making money says nightrider... I am on flyers... I print my own also.Nah, nah

Date Posted: 09/February/2006 at 12:40am

You're in  " DENIAL " John.............How much did the ink or toner cost you, time, labour, set-up , paper, distribution, gas, etc etc............you should have stayed home and watch a hockey game. After factoring in time to do the jobs, gas, chemicals helper or whatever plus the cost of flyers............you just changed 4 quarters for a dollar

You are too busy working for your money when your money should be working for you

Nightrider

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 09/February/2006 at 11:49am
If I got more than a 1% return on my doorhangers, I'd be in really good shape.

Date Posted: 09/February/2006 at 6:10pm
Jtuseo is my name John Tuseo . When you say something they would keep would these be any good ones magnets, pens, calanders? etc..

-------------

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 09/February/2006 at 6:31pm
Have you looked at the program Bridgepoint put together? It's outlined in the Interlink catalogue. Their program involves giving people spotters. With shipping, the cost comes to roughly 2.00 per spotter. Just order them and they'll put your company name and phone# on them. You could also put together your own spotters, or whatever. Useful things that remind them of your service makes the most sense to me. But junk like pens and calendars go in the trash or get lost, not much better than a doorhanger. When was the last time you called a business because you saw their name on a pen? 

Date Posted: 09/February/2006 at 7:12pm

Jtuseo, I don't know your market neither do I know your budget..........Go the the dollar store and look around for objects that you can have your company name & number put on. I used to use a variety of things and then had a transparent sticker put on to customize for my needs.

Michael makes alot of good points.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 1:52pm
Put the pipe down nightrider..... I trade quarters for hundreds of dollars...Nah, nah

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 3:03pm

Only you know the truth John L on your particular flyer campagne...............then there's the rest of all the other carpet cleaners in the world that send out flyers and receive a different feed back

Maybe you have magic flyers

Nightrider

Posted By: gorilla
Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 3:29pm
Listen here boys. Marketing master in effect:
Purchase atleast 10,000 door hangers full color double sided print. Its well worth spending a few extra bucks on quality here. You want people to see these and think your company is 1,000,000,000 times bigger then it actually is. Also you want to purchase those postcard flyers for times when there are too many stairs and you want to just slap one on a car windshield in front of the house. Postcard flyers are great for parking lots too. Passing out doorhangers is something you dont want to do. Your time is much to valuable. Instead, hire someone[ 1 or more ] to pass these out for you. I pay 7.50 per hour + commission per job I recieve.High School kids work great. This gives incentive for all those working, to work even harder. You could pay people strictley off commission if you wished. Your best bet for high quality at low low prices would be www.HOTTprint.com or call 510-524-9494. Ask for Michael and tell him James referred to you. Thats good for one hell of a discount. 5,000 full color double sided postcard flyers are not much more then 200 bucks.

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 3:51pm
That's IT NR....     Big smile magic flyers..Big smile

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 5:38pm

Gorilla, although I'm not a real advocate for door hangers or flyers for that fact........the $ 200.00 /5000 hangers makes good business sence..........the $7.50 /hr is alright with supervision making sure the job gets done without too much down time.

If I was to work at a fast pace I doubt I would be able to hit 250 homes in an hour ( but I'm 52 )

I'll post what I did early 90's to offset a flyer campagne in a new topic.

Nightrider

Posted By: RealCleanCarpet
Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 7:27pm
I'd say use your money for either advertising or cold calling. Just my two cents.

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 7:52pm

Those 2 cents are worth millions who listen

COLD CALLING.............AS IN  TELEMARKETING

Nightrider

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net