Print Page | Close Window

Telemarketing

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2400
Printed Date: 28/March/2024 at 2:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Telemarketing
Posted By: michiganclean
Subject: Telemarketing
Date Posted: 23/February/2006 at 5:52pm

I want to try telemarketing but i dont want to and dont have time to make the calls myself, does anyone know of a company that will do it for you and preferably be paid in a percentage of the job.

thanks

mike

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 23/February/2006 at 11:06pm

Hire some student to work from their home and pay them commission of 15 to 20 % of the contract, or try some housewives with nothing to do between driving & picking up the kids from school

Nightrider

Posted By: checkmate
Date Posted: 24/February/2006 at 9:33am

Telemarketing is against the law in the U.S. mike !

sorry

Posted By: checkmate
Date Posted: 24/February/2006 at 9:34am
Move to Canada

Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 24/February/2006 at 10:06am

Telemarketing is not illegal in the US

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Date Posted: 24/February/2006 at 10:15pm

Checkmate............you've been Checkmate

TELEMARKETING IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE UNITED STATES, SOMEONE GAVE YOU A BAD PILL TO NIBLE ON

Nightrider

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 1:20am
We do have DNC (Do Not Call) but that doesn't mean you cannot call.  You just can't call any individual who has listed their number as a DNC.  That doesn't stop the annoying ones.  And I am not referring to companies you have contacted in the past or are doing business with now.  They can call.  And I do not believe businesses are able to add their number to the DNC list.

So, to get around the rule, hire a company outside of the US.  US laws do not apply to foreign companies.  Many of those calling me are actually in Canada.  You can find outsourced telemarketing companies online.  They will do the calling and charge you per call.  They have some high tech way of doing their digital calling so that they are paying pennies per call which keeps the prices down -- that and the fact that they pay slave labor wages to their employees. 

Test them by having them call you with the pitch.  You don't want accents.  And you don't want agents who fail to listen to the prospective customer.  I would also recommend that they do not provide enough information regarding your company name and how to contact you UNLESS they make the sale.  You are not trying to get your phone ringing off the hook with threats from angry people.  Damage control is not a very rewarding time waster.

Personally, I like door hanger flyers offering a free demonstration.  I can hang at least 50 per hour by myself and the cost is minimal.  Then I get just 1 call every week on the average complaining that I left a flyer on their door.

-=Mike=-

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 9:09am

You have NO CLUE as what you're talking about...............You've been hanging around with your ducks too long...............stop ducking around and get your facts straight

Nightrider

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 9:50am
If your going to swing it, then swing it, if not then dont.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 7:50pm
I know far more than you do on any subject you think you know, LOW RIDER.  Frankly, anyone who would listen to your babbling is either writing a book on Living With Ignorance or too naive to know better.  Do yourself a favor....never challenge me by I saying I have NO CLUE.  I  successfully proved your aimless misinformed rambling as WRONG by getting your dander up!

Good luck in taking me on, LOW RIDER.  You have been Ducked!

-=Mike=-

Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

You have NO CLUE as what you're talking about...............You've been hanging around with your ducks too long...............stop ducking around and get your facts straight

Nightrider

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 7:59pm

-------------

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 8:50pm

Duck_Head........I forgot more than what you know on any topic under the sun........but that's just because I'm super smart..................Now as far as Canadian Telemarketing companies NOT having to abide by American laws is far from the truth.......... that statement  just proves your knowledge or lack thereof on such a trivial tid bit of information that you are no challenge at all to match wits with..............GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT DUMB-DUMB.

Canadians telemarketing to the U.S.A market are under the same set of rules set by the Federal Trade Commission under penilty of $ 11,000 per infraction. Canadian companies must purchase and abide by the No Call List except for Business to Business contacts.

There are many loop holes put into place for manouverability.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 10:02pm

Keep it Gully Jack!

-------------

Date Posted: 02/March/2006 at 11:20pm
You really should change your handle to NO-IT-ALL.  Anyone who has bothered to read your over 2000 posts (too bad you don't have another hobby to replace you dormant business) can see that you believe the sun rises and falls on your many years of doing things your way.

The US cannot enforce their laws on foreign companies.  There is no one world order. 

Now, get a life!

Put one more flag up for me, Gully!

-------------

Date Posted: 03/March/2006 at 2:03am

Why don't you just stop quacking your beak with nothing intellegent comming from it and realize how ill-informed you really are.

There are presently 8 Canadians sitting in American jail for fraud against the elderly telemarketed from Montreal, Toronto , P.E.I & New Brunswick.

A husband & wife team from Montreal got 20 years, and was arrested in Disney World Florida with their 3 kids.

If I sell to the States I stand liable to abide by American rules & laws.

It's a pity when just being dumb developes into being down right ignorant in a matter of 3 posts.

Go check the new topic I made just for you Ducky Boy

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 03/March/2006 at 9:43pm

michiganclean, Hello, Listen, To get the most profit from your telem. would be to set up your own office. You hire an outside agent and you really dont have control.

You need and want control of this.

The reason i say this is i have tried what NR said. hire students and some old lady sitting at home.. Let me tell ya, It don't produce.

My tele. office back in 93 was 450sft and had 4 5 lines, 4 live callers and one computer calling.. OH man, I was banking.

You might not do as good considering my database at that time had over 7000 customers. so they were called first..

PM me if you want more details...

Whatever you do, DO NOT hire outside help, a waste of money and your time.

I paid one girl calling from home for 7hrs and she booked NOTHING, she was partying. You don't want to deal with it.

Date Posted: 03/March/2006 at 10:08pm

USA gets one more flag , but the stop quacking your beak get a canadian flag as well. The low rider remark is up there though.

keep it Gully Boys

-------------

Date Posted: 04/March/2006 at 2:15am
Great job of spelling.  Unlike you, LOW RIDER, I spend most of my time running a successful business and very littlle time attempting to discover if there might be someone more qualified than myself that I might benefit from.  That means I check in here once every 3 months to see what there might be of value but in its place I find what moronic crap you say to those who are tolerating you on this forum. 

It is with great pleasure that I take this moment to disappoint you by saying I am not likely to be reading anything further here for a few months.  So, I hope you enjoyed the time wasting exercises I pulled out of you.  You did not disappoint me when proving my point by creating another useless thread for those of us here to view with disgust.

I would say Grow Up but at your age I can see that would truly be falling on deaf ears.

It is a shame you failed to learn proverbial points to live by like It is better to remain quiet and be thought the fool than to speak and remove all doubt.  No more doubts about you.

Please do respond.  It will go unread and therefore unanswered.

Checkmate.

mike

Originally posted by LOW RIDER LOW RIDER wrote:

Why don't you just stop quacking your beak with nothing intellegent comming from it and realize how ill-informed you really are.

There are presently 8 Canadians sitting in American jail for fraud against the elderly telemarketed from Montreal, Toronto , P.E.I & New Brunswick.

A husband & wife team from Montreal got 20 years, and was arrested in Disney World Florida with their 3 kids.

If I sell to the States I stand liable to abide by American rules & laws.

It's a pity when just being dumb developes into being down right ignorant in a matter of 3 posts.

Go check the new topic I made just for you Ducky Boy

Nightrider

-------------

Date Posted: 04/March/2006 at 8:47am
 thats me 5'7 205 pounds

-------------

Date Posted: 04/March/2006 at 11:20am

So long Ducky, I thought you had half a brain to challenge me..........but like all other men who thought they were great..........you bow out gracefully and direct your time to more valuable time consumming efforts like SUCKING sh*t OUT OF CARPETS..........YOU MUST BE A PRO AT THAT............ I'M SURE

Maybe Dumb Ducky is going back to night school for 3 months to learn afew things then come back and try to challenge The Great Nightrider.

Keep on Quackin Stupid'O

Nightrider

I Am Sofa King We Todd Id............Did you figure it out Dumb Ducky.............it means...........I Am So f**king Retarded

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 03/April/2006 at 4:13pm
You telemarketing guys are right!

I didn't want it to work. I hate doing it. I hate the idea of it. I hate bothering people. But after only so-so results with doorhangers, and leaving spotters and a post card for past cutomers when I worked for the man,  we tried calling some people directly. BAM!  We're actually scheduling jobs. It's about a 10%  rate of success so far. Most people are very polite and don't seem annoyed at all. I guess it's all about approach and attitude.

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 03/April/2006 at 4:44pm

Yep! Cold calling works like a charm.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 04/April/2006 at 12:13am

You have to listen to Papa Nightrider more often

Nightrider

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 04/April/2006 at 12:28am
You's da best, Papa!

Anybody have any experience with mass email marketing? I've been offered a deal of $100.00 per 1000 emails for people who have signed up to receive such offers. Homeowners, expensive part of the county, etc.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net