Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2460
Printed Date: 09/June/2024 at 9:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Buying Decisions - Portable Truck Mount
Posted By: maxima
Subject: Buying Decisions - Portable Truck Mount
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 1:23pm
- I'm needing opinions on this set-up for getting started. Based upon the looks of this what can You Veterans tell me? Pros & Cons would be wonderful.

This will cost me $6800.00 , With more Accessories.

Replies:
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 1:31pm

Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 1:33pm

Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 5:58pm
I am actually buying one of those next month!

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 8:34pm
Not enough power.   #2 blower, 10-12hp..   too much $$$ for too little..

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 11:26pm

sure takes up a lot of space for nothing...lol waste of time and money if you ask me...

well at least the custy will hear all that noise and think you're doing a good job...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 13/March/2006 at 11:45pm
must have alot of power with that plastic waste tank

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 12:42am
he should buy your truck andy...it aint that much more...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 12:46am

my compact 47 would cave that waste tank in a second

IMHO a high power porty would be better,my weed wacker has a bigger engine

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 8:18am

The only thing I will offer on this subject is this:

I have to agree with John L. My experiences are that a #2 blower does not have enough performance. This opinion, does not in any way, knock this particular product.

The purchaser must ultimately purchase the product he/she feels comfortable with in the end and must then move forward toward the goal of success.

Good Fortune;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 8:50am
look at all this free info

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 10:39am
JTUSEO: You are buying one of these? Which HP are You getting? Are You buying the tanks to go with it?

JOHN L: The owner said for me just starting out that this might be too much power, that conflicts with what You said. They do make a 15 HP / 36 Blower
for $8995.00, But then I'm rite back at a truck mount cost, And I'm in a enclosed trailer situation now with the prowler and tanks so I might as well mount a TM in the trailer, And be done with it, HEH????

STEAMINPILE: What does that mean? Dirty water is discharged into the tank, How can that create suction to collapse the tank? There is NOT a portable anywhere on the market that is as powerful as this! This machine would eliminate the need to purchase a porty + 10,000 watt generator.
But then again it would be nice to have the Equity in a generator.

- How come I cannot seem to find the right equipment for my needs. Is there not a company out there that can help a new person get the rite equipment? This is the most frustrating decision I have dealt with in a while. I thought You guys would say this is a good step up from a portable and would be strong enough to do both commercial & Residential while keeping initial start up at around $7K

At first I was looking for something to put inside my Cargo van on a Mon and take out on a friday, Because the Van is used for another business on the weekends. Now I'm thinking that would be a pain in the A**, And to buy a 5X8 Enclosed trailer and buy a good setup for around $7K that will last and has great suction power and Heat, The prowler pictures above is the only thing I know to do, I need more options it sounds like, You guys don't like that set-up!

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 10:59am

whatever floats your boat

I never looked too hard,,but I thought it was a standard waste tank

15hp is small to run a 36 blower IMO,,,,,,should be more like 18-20hp

probably would work fine for a while,but it looks like a bear to work on

I wouldn't want to use it on much of a hose run though

just call Ted and he'll steer you in the right direction without trying to sell you one of his own machines

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 1:32pm

Hey max,

The owner said "too much power". lol  It's not a Vortex. Take 150' of hose on nylon carpet and test it. Do 2 clean and one dry stroke, now feel how much moisture is their.

I would say the most versatile/less maintenance unit with excellent power would be the "RECOIL QUAD-PAK". It's not heavy, unload quik for apt work. and you have the booster for additional power and hose runs.

I also own a RECOIL, and that's why i say this. I have owned 4 diff. porty's and RECOIL was my favorite.

I love my TM, but sometimes wished I'd bought the quadpak.

Whatsmore, Goodluck on support with amtek, I talked to them and that man was very rude on the phone.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 3:43pm

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Not enough power.   #2 blower, 10-12hp..   too much $$$ for too little..

I was impressed with the Prowler until I saw the #2 blower. Just not enough guts. Do they build this unit with a #4 blower?

maxima,

Have we got you confused yet?

This is kinda like Mrs. Housewife calling for a carpet cleaning quote.

Wet, dry, powder, steam, portable, von schrader, chemdry, truckmounts, bonnet, pad, heat, rotovac. And if she calls a franchise that's another story. Must be sheer confusion. Because if you believe in your product then we are all the best.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 4:42pm
JOHN L: Yes, the owner has a mexican accent. Its a small language barrier, And I sense a attitude or arrogance about him this does not settle easy with me when spending $6-8K, But I do not want to dis-credit him because of his character or personality flaws, Because the equipment could be really good!!!

Carpetologist: YES, it is very frustrating at first becoming educated about this equipment stuff. I cleaned carpets for 8 months, Cleaning is easier than ordering and deciding on equipment......GEEZ!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 5:11pm

well that thing in the picture is just that..a thing...

get the right stuff man..don't cut corners

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2006 at 5:37pm
When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that in itself is a choice...

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 15/March/2006 at 8:56am

John L;

BTW, just for your knowledge, the QUADRA-4 PAK comes standard with 2" inlet and 100' of 2" hose/50' of 1 1/2" hose (150 total), along with a few other neat changes and add ons.

Remember, if you are ever again in the area, please stop by again to see us. Our visit last time was fun!

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 10:03am

maxima,

I am sure if you go for the Mona Lisa we would all stand up and praise you for a final and excellent decision.

The Mona Lisa that would best suit you would be a Cleanco installed in one of your existing vans. The Cleanco would cut the mustard and still give you 3/4 of your truck space for your other business. No taking in and taking out.

Have you given serious thought to the trailer installation? I have heard some horror stories about trailers from customers who have owned them and then gotten rid of them. Extra insurance, extra fuel, easily stolen and awkward to find two parking spaces. The list goes on...

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 12:55pm

Maxima.............I have a system exactly like the one Ted has advertised on his site. I do maintenance contracts and most of the time a Truckmount is useless . ( I do own a Steamaction Truckmount, so I know the difference )

Ted has a "Drain-Vac" vacuum & a Pump/Motor for sale, if you want something portable, that is a good choice. Not pretty..........But EFFECTIVE.

I just cleaned 15,000 sq. ft with that setup, hot tapwater from the customer, never had to empty waste water.............just clean...........clean.............clean.

Vacuum sat over a drain in the kitchen, I also did the kitchen floors using a Turbo & the Drain-Vac.

The carpets were not really dirty, 2 of us were reaching 2500 sq. ft an hour at times.........total time to clean 6.75 hrs

Nightrider

Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 9:12pm
Interested in hearing more about the Cleanco...I can do a basic google search for it unless, You happen to have a website link to provide.

Thanks Inb Advance,
CHRIS

Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 9:15pm
make up your mind dude......

Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 9:39pm
JOHN L:
I Do NOT rush into substancial investments like this, And I do not make decisions based upon fear. This is called re-search, A person would be a Fool to purchase equipment without knowing what all is available beforehand.

I will be sure to let You know what I decide. The suspense is killing You is'nt it? The reason I'm in no hurry is because I have disposable income coming from other sources, this is just extra gravy on the side. I will not be depending on this as a main source of income, Infact this is just to give me something to do during the weekdays. I just want to stay productive everyday of my life, I dont even count the money any more. Its just a way of keeping score is all.

Posted By: thermedix
Date Posted: 16/March/2006 at 11:26pm
Cleanco Oh yeah!   bulletproof & yrs. of dependable service! (buy used, they rarely die)...imo

-------------
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 17/March/2006 at 8:16pm

CLEANCO......... WHAT A JOKE

Nightrider

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 18/March/2006 at 2:31pm
I think there area couple of Clean Cold owners on this bored?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/May/2006 at 5:34pm
maxima, hey isn't that the guys name on "The Gladiator"?

Anyway's, Have you purchased yet? The suspense is killing me. lol!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net