Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3025
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 4:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Looking for the best advice
Posted By: zachspa
Subject: Looking for the best advice
Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 8:07am

I am planning on starting a carpet cleaning biz. My plans are to start out slowwww... and on a part-time basis. I have been considering all methods but have been leaning towards the rotovac method. But, to tell you the truth, the more I read about all of the different methods being used the more confused I get. Everyone claims there method is the best of course. And then, I am concerned about some of the things I have read about the rotovac putting down too much water and not working well on surfaces that are not perfectly level..etc.. So before I go out and purchase equipment, I am looking for the safest and most preferable method to use. Also, what about training. Can I just buy the equipment and then start carpet cleaning? Since I have never done it before, whats the best way to get started, limiting the possibility of messing someones carpet up because I have no experience? Does anyone recommend the dry method such as HOST? I know that where I live, in Raleigh NC, one of the most successful carpet cleaning companies in the area use the Host system exclusively. The dry cleaning approach is very attractive because of the no dry time factor.  Maybe its best to offer more than one method and let the customer choose? I would really like to know if anyone else experienced the same decision making dilemmas as I am facing. I would appreciate any and all opinions... Thanks!

Ron

Replies:
Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 8:32am
Ron;

I would not advise using a dry cleaning process. I believe and have proven (in my own business) that HWE is the way to go.

Your start up reminds me clearly of when I did it back in 1971.

Call me if you think I can offer some greater advice.

Good Fortune;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp. (734-665-2399; M-F ; 9-3 pm Mi time zone)

Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 12:19pm
Call ED
nuff said!

ps. Host is a joke

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 2:09pm
Funny how fast Ed is to offer help on another mans site just to perhaps sell one of his own rinky dinky portable machines Uh, uh, uh

Ed......you're lucky this isn't my site, ( Enough Said) This site belongs to  Ted ( KleenKuip ) territory.......start your own friggin site to sell your plastic toys that blow circuits. 

ZACHSPA........CALL TED AT KLEENKUIP.........TED WILL GUIDE YOU AND SHOW YOU THE MANY DIFFERENT AND TYPES OF CLEANING METHODS. TED KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS ALL METHODS................HE SELLS  MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS AND IS KNOWLEDABLE IN ALL OF THEM, PLUS HE'LL EVEN SHOW YOU SOME MAGIC TRICKS AS AN ICE BREAKER WHEN YOU GO OUT ON YOUR OWN FACE TO FACE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

Others can only show you what they want you to see.................... and tell you things they think you want to hear.

A MAN WITH ONLY 1 BONE CANNOT ATTRACT & FEED MANY DOGS

CALL TED.............YOUR FUTURE CAREER DEPENDS ON IT

Nightrider

Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 5:43pm
As if Ted is going to be able to ship equipment to the USA and be competitive! DUH

Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 26/October/2006 at 10:06pm
yeah , but he is inpartial to all of the equiptment.

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 7:56am
so is Ed, he cant help it if his rig is the best.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 12:01pm

what do the rules say....???

I don't see no adverts....and as long as Ted doesn't mind

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: John Bolton
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 1:37pm
Nightrider,

"rinkie dinkei", "plastic toys" - you made a point about site ownership, but there was no need to be personally offensive in the process.

" ...you're lucky this isn't my site" ..........as that outburst of flaming would earn you a suspension of membership!

-------------
John Bolton MBICSc     
http://www.worldofclean.co.uk - World of Clean
http://www.cleantalk.co.uk - Cleantalk

Posted By: zachspa
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 1:54pm
Hey, you guys are doing a great job of answering my question...thanks for the help!   Yeah right!

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 2:35pm
call Ted then Call Ed nuff said.

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 3:30pm

Dearest Nightrider;

I'm sorry sir, but perhaps you accidentially sat on a big throne last night???? Before we help pull it out for you, please let me explain:

I didn't think that there was anything I stated, (after having identified the fact that this Gentleman lived in the USA, as Dennis stated) that featured the specific selling of our equipment, period. I only suggested that he consider HWE over dry cleaning process.

On many occasions, as you have to be aware of, I have recommended my good friend, Ted Harding. And rightly so as I am sure he could also attest to.

I find it interesting that a someone only wants "us" to only speak when spoken to.  Ex: "When I want your help, I'll ask for it".......
Hummmmmmm. That only sounds reasonable to a taker,(of information) ...and not...a Giver (of it) my friend.

Now, Nightrider , pull that big throne out of your behind and settle down.

And, please check with Ted on this issue if you feel that I have been, and was currently taking advantage of "selling equipment" on his board. Because if I am not welcomed by the Commander or team, then I know where the door is. Not a problem.

Good Fortune to all;
Name held by request (may be considered "selling")
(Company Name held by request)-may be considered, "selling"

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 3:54pm

Ed, I call things the way I see them, and as far as I saw a man posted an interest in going into the carpet cleaning industry at  8:07 am ......only 25 minutes later at 8:32 am ........there you were jumping on your prey that is on another mans site where he depends on for his bread & butter................like a vulture flying above you seem to pick and choose to post only where there might be a sale for yourself...............98% of all your posts on KLEENKUIP revolves around that possibility.

Ted is too much of a gentleman to say anything to you in my opinion, but I'm sure it hurts.

Ed, you could have held off, and perhaps even refer the poster Zachspa to Ted @ Kleenkuip and then offer your help if Ted cannot compete financially due to the poster being American...........BUT AT 12 CENT DIFFERENCE ON THE DOLLAR TED @ KLEENKUIP CAN BE VERY COMPETIVE WORLDWIDE

AS FAR AS ME HAVING ANYTHING UP MY ASS...........I DON'T..............I WAS BROUGHT UP IN A WORLD WHERE WE DON'T BACKSTAB OTHERS........BECAUSE THERE WAS ALWAYS A PRICE TO PAY

ED........YOU SHOULD LEARN SOME RESPECT,  YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD

Nightrider

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 4:05pm
Nightrider;

I would love Ted to address this situation on this subject following our posts then. Lets put this fire out right now without any excuses that "Ted is too much of a Gentleman" (That he is, btw, a true Gentleman)

I will await his reply on this thread.

Good Fortune to all
Name held by request.

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 4:23pm
Gee Ted; ever feel like you are caught between a rock and a hard place?

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 4:56pm
Nightrider Don't be to hard on Ed

Thank you very much for the faith in us and respect you have both in my self and Kleen Kuip.  We have worked hard for many years to gain customers confidence and it does work. 

Although we may be to honest at times when we suggest you make your purchase locally or at least in your own country.  Sometimes a bargain is never a bargain when you purchase it too far away site unseen.

As far as Ed goes, he has equally suggested for many Canadian customers to come my way as I have to him with US customers. He is a good business man and he also has my friendship and respect.

I won’t say we will not sell into the US as we have in the past.  We do have people in the US who we have helped and who are serious buyers and want and must buy from KK.  We thank them for this.

We also have an agreement with our Canadian manufacture of Ninja that we can pass on a lead to the US and they will follow it up. That is another option for Zachspa if he wishes. And I will say we feel the Canadian built Ninja and E1700 is superior to the US manufacture of Ninja’s.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 5:02pm
Zachspa

The fact that you are entering this market part time and I assume have a full time job, this should be an easy decision.  Average hot water extractors are very inexpensive in the States.   Hot water extraction is the overwhelming preferred cleaning method. (Look at your yellow page book).

The other systems you are entertaining should all be your second and third purchase as many of them have limitations towards extreme soil or initial costs.

Hope this helps!

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: thermedix
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 5:20pm
This board is turning into a big pissin` contest, every time a guy asks a question {or answers now} (maybe to the best of his ability) he is slammed!  This is a valuable resource for a lot of people, but as soon as someone attacks someone else, it sends the thread out in left field, my suggestion is : If you can`t have some ++input
Shut the F**k up!
In regards to Zachspa`s inquiry, HWE is definately a good way to go, however if you can afford it, an entry level truckmount (used)is a great way to go. 

-------------
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...

Posted By: Rampage
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 5:20pm

I've pm'd Ed on some things and he actually recomended I buy some high priced things from Ted (Rotovac 360, etc.)

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 6:08pm
Love or hate it...thats what this forum is

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 9:15pm
Lets all go to Mcdonalds and have happy meal. We can then all sit around together and sing kumbaya!Don't forget the group hug! Tongue NOT. This board is to express one's opinion, if we all agreed what would be the point of the board? It seems that any time there is a difference of opinion there is always someone complaining about the difference of opinion. This board has an administrator, it doen't need a referee! Tongue

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 9:38pm
A zen riddle?
Where can you find a ton of
fresh crap, and have no smell?Ying Yang

SmokeyWho cares!

Let me help you out!
                   Here!!!                

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 11:44pm
I would love to see NR try and spout his remarks on Mikey's board. He would last exactly 2 seconds before he would be put into place. The guy was just looking for a little advice and NR just wanted a little attention. Now NR go to bed!

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 11:51pm

What is Mickeys Board.............. Show me the way and we'll see how long I last or get put into place.......

Nightrider 

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 27/October/2006 at 11:57pm
    This I got to see. I can't wait to see the responses when you start posting. This is going to be entertaining. And you can swear there too! But they are going to eat you alive. Now run along and I'll come along to watch.
http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/index.php
This is going to be good NR - make sure you register as NR because I don't want to miss a word. LOL!!!!!
(maybe he won't come back here!)

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 12:01am
I'm on my way..................

Nightrider

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 12:53am
gay?
that's your best shot? what a GOOF!

you are one very weak old man!

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 12:58am

I'm gentle with Gays........................Don't want to hurt their feelings...........I know how emmotional they can get.........

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:59am
Hilarious tread.. lol!!! Boxing  Argue  Head Crack

zachspa, here's your answer >>>> http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=774 - http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=774

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 12:28pm
NR
For some reason you choose to be a miserable soul lately, I don`t get into pissin matches with children, and that is how you appear to be behaving lately, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Thermedix

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 1:12pm
This nightrider guy is a dildo. He read a Zig Ziggler book once and thinks he's a master...lol. Isnt there a moderater on this board?
The funny thing is ...he was complaining that Ed Valentine was taking business away from Ted but this a-hole is running off newbies left and right that could be future customers of Teds.
Ted, You really should get a handle on this before he runs off more prospects.

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 1:34pm
John L

Thanks for leading Zachspa to the right thread for his answer.

Rampage

We do our best with monitoring our board and eventually take care of business.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 1:37pm
Nightrider

You know the rules...........you've been around long enough..........knock it off and give me a call.........I will then give you my best advice.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 1:59pm
I think Nightrider had a bad night.

Maybe the receipts at the restaurant were down.  Better days ahead Nightrider.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:16pm
At least someone other than doug or myself is making the trouble this time...I LOVE IT..

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:48pm
Me TOOO?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:48pm
At least someone other than doug or myself is making the trouble this time

Are you forgeting me in that quote Steamer? I have made as much trouble as anyone around here , eh?

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:50pm
Steamer you  & Doug told me to start all this trouble.........what are you talking about.......................

ADWA.............I'll call you...................but.........No phone sex Big smile

Nightrider

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:53pm
Rampage has 4 posts in total.................what a moron.......I wonder what he complained about the other 3 times................he doesn't count as a member...........Steamer posts more than that in a minute.....................

Nightrider

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 4:58pm
Nightrider?? These amatures should know better than to challange the master?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 5:55pm
Yes Kenny you make so much trouble they gave you your own section...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 7:52pm

nightrider has given some good info here since I joined. Must of woke up on the wrong side of the rock...lol  LOL

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Rampage has 4 posts in total.................what a moron.......I wonder what he complained about the other 3 times................he doesn't count as a member...........Steamer posts more than that in a minute.....................

Nightrider
Are you saying that you dont run off newbies? Face it man, you cost Ted business. Now run along to the next Dale Carnagie seminar so that you can rehash it as your own.
Oh, by the way ...YOU do count as a "member".LOL

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:04pm
People need to grow some thicker skin.

-------------

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:10pm
This board is getting livelyShocked

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:15pm
THAT'S  5  POSTS  NOW  FOR  RAMPAGE.................STILL  HAS  NOTHING  TO  SAY........................B   O   R   I   N   G       Blah Blah

YOU CAN NEVER BE LIKE THE      " GREAT NIGHTRIDER " Smokey

NIGHTRIDER

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:17pm
Lively is good Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:23pm

THAT'S  5  POSTS  NOW  FOR  RAMPAGE.................STILL  HAS  NOTHING  TO  SAY........................B   O   R   I   N   G       Blah Blah

YOU CAN NEVER BE LIKE THE      " GREAT NIGHTRIDER " Smokey

NIGHTRIDER
Then answer the question. "Are you running off newbies?" Your the marketing master. You know this forum is a great tool for Ted to draw in leads. I do believe I'm making you uncomfortable with the facts NR!
I'm up to 6 posts!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:27pm
I'm always ready to entertain the troops Banana Dance          Juggle          Guitar

I love the smell of anger in the morning............... it smells like KnleenKuip's  Moderator & administration editing all my posts and the phone ringing off the hook with complaints Phone          Whisper

Nightrider

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:37pm
Nothing like a good complaint to start the day. Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:44pm

I'm always ready to entertain the troops Banana Dance          Juggle          Guitar

I love the smell of anger in the morning............... it smells like KnleenKuip's  Moderator & administration editing all my posts and the phone ringing off the hook with complaints Phone          Whisper

Nightrider

Actually it smells like newbies to the site going to other sites to buy equipment.
Wow, a marketing master that repels business. Hey, at least its not your business...right?

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 8:58pm
Newbies have a hard time on any forum...

Try posting a stupid question on the red board....

Don't let your feathers get ruffled... just keep posting..

I've posted so much that I forgot who the enimies are...lol

so the nOOb gets its...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 9:15pm
Thats seven postsThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:07pm
Steamer: where is the "red board"?

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:10pm
ICS.....................cleaning specialist magazine.................... google it Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:19pm
Thanks Hammy!

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:33pm
If nothing else, nightrider took Adwa out of hiding and brought her back into the fold to hold everything together in harmony. Adwa is always the glue that holds it all together on this forum.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:44pm
Amen

-------------

Date Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by zachspa zachspa wrote:

I am planning on starting a carpet cleaning biz. My plans are to start out slowwww... and on a part-time basis. I have been considering all methods but have been leaning towards the rotovac method. But, to tell you the truth, the more I read about all of the different methods being used the more confused I get. Everyone claims there method is the best of course. And then, I am concerned about some of the things I have read about the rotovac putting down too much water and not working well on surfaces that are not perfectly level..etc.. So before I go out and purchase equipment, I am looking for the safest and most preferable method to use. Also, what about training. Can I just buy the equipment and then start carpet cleaning? Since I have never done it before, whats the best way to get started, limiting the possibility of messing someones carpet up because I have no experience? Does anyone recommend the dry method such as HOST? I know that where I live, in Raleigh NC, one of the most successful carpet cleaning companies in the area use the Host system exclusively. The dry cleaning approach is very attractive because of the no dry time factor.  Maybe its best to offer more than one method and let the customer choose? I would really like to know if anyone else experienced the same decision making dilemmas as I am facing. I would appreciate any and all opinions... Thanks!

Ron

Seems like everyone but JohnL has skated around your original questions. Let me see if I can help enlighten you.

First off if you are confused think of how Mrs. Housewife must feel. And, I am sure whatever system you choose you will consider it and advertise it as being the best. Yet, you may have a few who may disagree. The Rotovac can eject whatever amount of water you choose simply by adjusting the orfus in the jets.

You just may find that the 360 may not work best in some situations. But, experience has proven it works very well in most. The preferable system is water extraction. Most start this business with absolutely not training at all. We suggest that you take an IICRC School. The chances of you messing up will only be if you are a clutz.

Yes, if your budget can handle it I also suggest you offer both the Wet & Dry Systems. Preferably OP (Oscillating Power).

-------------

Date Posted: 29/October/2006 at 11:24am
[

ADWA.............I'll call you...................but.........No phone sex Big smile

Nightrider
[/QUOTE]

Nightrider

I tried phone sex once and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be!!!

Then someone told me that I had to dial a number first  LOL

-------------

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 29/October/2006 at 11:27am
Switch your cell phone to vibrate and call yourself.LOL

Date Posted: 29/October/2006 at 4:23pm

WELL ADWA......................YOU KNOW MY NUMBER Phone LET'S SEE WHAT COMES UP.....THEN WE CAN SHARE IT WITH ALL THE BOARD

Drooling       NIGHTRIDER

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net