Print Page | Close Window

New Shipment of Rotovac 360's

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Rotovac
Forum Description: Discussion about Rotovac machines.
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069
Printed Date: 25/April/2024 at 3:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Shipment of Rotovac 360's
Posted By: carpetologist
Subject: New Shipment of Rotovac 360's
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 2:31pm
A new shipment of Rotovac 360's with the new metal shoes has arrived. We are offering a 15% discount on these units for the next 3 weeks. OK

You Snooze You Lose Sleeping

Come in for a test drive! Steering

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Replies:
Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 4:24pm
A great deal Ted.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 5:52pm
15 % dicount off of what.............................still afraid to mention PRICE Ted  

nightrider

Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 6:05pm
Ted has to satisfy the bean counters in the company Jack............

The problem is that any price posted in Canadian dollars is going to look high not only to the US viewers here, who get to see the US dollar price, but also to alot of Canadian viewers who see that pricing online as well. Under those conditions, I think it wise to sell the benefits of this machine first, and on price second.........

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 7:51pm

The TRUTH is not for everybody......I suppose.

NO PRICE = NO SALE...............I think I learned that in grade 1 when I went to buy some candy and there was no price on the Honeymoons

nightrider

Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 7:59pm

I see there are those who find me confrontational so they deleat my posts.

So that was why so many of my posts used to get deleted over on ICS years ago.There they were considered confrontational, here they were considered entertainment! The difference? Here Ted knew I was was doing the posts to be entertaining. ICS never caught on to the reasoning and just thought I liked to be aurguementitive just for the hell of it.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:40pm
I like to see the price....but if he posts it here...why call or go to the store???

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:43pm
Hey Steamer have you ever tried one?Big smile

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:46pm
held one...at TEDS...

I'm looking for something to do commercial carpet this winter

Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:48pm
Why not go with ecap or pad? My old commercial customers loved it.Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:51pm
I was thinking about the cymex...buy ted has something else...

Ted said something interesting to me.... when you encap with a cymex...if the customer asks you "where does the dirt go"  what do you tell them??? do you try and explain encap???

Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:56pm
BTW, great picture Ted. That is the most clear picture of the underside of the 360 that probably exists on the web. It really shows how these machines are built.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/November/2006 at 3:57pm
True, but most of my commercial accounts didn't care about that. It was all about appearance for them. In fact one of the largest accounts I picked up after three steam cleaning companies made attempts. Gave them a demo,and six weeks later they called and wanted a maintenance contract. 600,000 plus s/f. Forgot to add that the carpet was vacuumed continually and pile lifted regularly.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 6:57pm
Well another reason that Ted does not show the price on many of the new products on the boards, is because he is still old school when it comes to selling. That was the time when you sold people on the benefits of what you wanted to sell before you ever talked price. Now things are different in the internet age. More emphasis is placed on the price of the product because many people are not within driving business of the selling store, so you often only get 1 chance to sell. If no price is present, many people will and do scroll on by. I too think Ted would do more sales if he put the price in with the picture.When the difference was great on the US vs Cdn dollar exchange these last 25 years, this did not make sense to do, but with the difference around 10% or so these days, I do believe that Kleen Kuip can be competitive with almost anyone.Take advantage of that.

-------------

Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 8:02pm
rock it

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 10:44am
Or at least clean with it, eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 1:09pm
The most frequent question I was asked was "How much to.......................?"Money Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 1:24pm
As long as you dont have "I will clean for Sex" on the front of your wand, I would say it would be safe for you to answer the question Hammy.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 1:31pm
Those were the same people that wanted their house cleaned for $50Angry
But lets face it we are a price driven society.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 1:58pm
yep

-------------

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 2:12pm
The Carpetologist is always on top on new innovation(S) !

Great offer and one that should be taken advantage of if possible.

Good Fortune;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Posted By: thermedix
Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 2:32pm
Perhaps entering "features and Benefits" eg. how many square feet per hr., how much consumption of water, with porty or tm, hydro consumption, cleaning cost per foot, (estimated)   then price,    always price  last... imo..

-------------
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by thermedix thermedix wrote:

Perhaps entering "features and Benefits" eg. how many square feet per hr., how much consumption of water, with porty or tm, hydro consumption, cleaning cost per foot, (estimated)   then price,    always price  last... imo..

I wish all people thought that way about price last, but thats not reallitySmile

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 2:44pm
Especially in the commercial marketplace eh, Hammy.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 3:07pm
Who's Happy?????????

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:32pm
Not you. lol. My mistake with my typing finger.

-------------

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:36pm
Ken,

You are absolutely right. I am still old school in my selling techniques. KK is not the place to shop for the best price. our service department deals day in and day out with people who looked for and got the lowest price. But coming into our showroom is a pleasurable experience as many have found. We educate you, we sell only quality equipment, we answer all of your questions, we make you feel warm n' fuzzy and if time permits we entertain you.

My staff are the best and are long time employees who offer you the solutions because we understand your problems.

Are we the cheapest in town? NO...but people still drive BMW's and drink Starbucks and will always continue to do so.

P.S.
For those who seek out indifferent equipment and must look and buy on price alone. We offer you the same KK smile at our Service Department. But, I must admit we are also laughing to ourselves on the inside.

Our Service Department is becoming inundated with repairs, replacements, and upgrades from internet sales. I guess it all comes out in the wash.

What you lose in one hand you pick up in the other.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:47pm
Well said Ted. I knew that was the way you felt on this issue, but you expressed it more eloquently than I could have done.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:48pm
The commercial market place is a tough game. Not to say that there is not money to be made in it. You have to know your competition. You have to sepparate yourself from them and offer something different. Easier said than done. It took years for me to realize that. Truck mount to truckmount we are all the same in the commercial cleaning game. Fast drying, no wicking, and appearance is the name of the game. Don't get caught up in what manufacturers tell you. Listen to your customer. I don't mean to preach to the choir but you have to keep your mind open to different cleaning methods and tools.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:07pm
Business is so straight forward and simple that people have to create it to be some monster from Hell for a little self gratification of importance.

Treat your business as if you were out on your first date, Present yourself well , Articulate , Be impressive , Think of all the phony crap you're going to tell her/him , lie your ass off about unimportant dribble of useless information , Talk with conviction , End the conversation with pleasantries.......AND HOPE YOU HAVE A SECOND DATE.

You are not selling Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizer, Truckmount Equipment, or anything else...............YOU ARE SELLING YOURSELF..............YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

You can have a brand new Vortex, offer free Scotchgard, and passes to the next Hockey game............If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:29pm
......If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER
[/QUOTE]

Very true Jack. This is the essence of all business and personal relationships. Most people do not realize they both work on this very simple principal. Always sell yourself first..........If you can't do that the rest does not matter......If you are a master at this.....the world is yours for the asking.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:40pm
So what happened to you Ken?Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:52pm
So what happened to you Ken?

Hammy: I got enrolled in a crash learning program on this subject the last 3 years. It has been hard on my ego at times, and very hard on my finances, but I am better for it. I was able to learn these lessons even when times got tough because of one simple message I never forgot:

"What does not kill me, only makes me stronger"

and of course my favorite inspirational piece by Ray Kroc, founder of McDonalds titled " Press On". Any body else know it?

-------------

Posted By: Rampage
Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Business is so straight forward and simple that people have to create it to be some monster from Hell for a little self gratification of importance.

Treat your business as if you were out on your first date, Present yourself well , Articulate , Be impressive , Think of all the phony crap you're going to tell her/him , lie your ass off about unimportant dribble of useless information , Talk with conviction , End the conversation with pleasantries.......AND HOPE YOU HAVE A SECOND DATE.

You are not selling Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizer, Truckmount Equipment, or anything else...............YOU ARE SELLING YOURSELF..............YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

You can have a brand new Vortex, offer free Scotchgard, and passes to the next Hockey game............If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER
If you cant get a second date try to at least get a bj...Sleepy

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 6:56pm
Kenny: I do not know you but I do know both sides of your reputation. I make no judgement. I do respect the advise that you give to others. You seem to be in a no win situation. Would I ever do business with you? I would certainly  have to be careful. Not being in the business now for a number of years I wish that your glides were available to try in my hay days. I do not post on the American boards because of censorship but do read them from time to time. You have pissed alot of people off. I take it for what it is. Your dedication to your business and the industry is something to be said. I enjoy your humour and wit. Good luck to you!

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 7:38pm
Yes, and to think at one time I actually worked at getting some people pissed off. I wanted them to remember me . I succeeded.Now I am one of the best known people in the industry, and no longer try to piss people off. I try to help most people instead. Well, with a couple of exceptions I guess.There are some that I still enjoy getting worked up a bit. Most here know who I am talking about.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 7:49pm
I know who they are, their time will come.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 8:04pm
So will they when the time comes.I have another favorite saying:

"You don't play with the Bull unless you want the horns"

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net