Print Page | Close Window

Have you guys ever tried this?

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3150
Printed Date: 11/May/2024 at 4:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Have you guys ever tried this?
Posted By: jtuseo
Subject: Have you guys ever tried this?
Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 3:16pm
BNI?

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Replies:
Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 6:42pm
Now you hit a switch in me. BNI is GREAT. But here are the things that they don't tell you when you sign up
- If you are committed to BNI it takes more than a meeting a week of your time. You have to do BBI's or business building Interviews with the rest of your chapter. Count on about and extra 1.5 hours a week not including your 1.5 hours at the weekly meeting
2. You can't miss a lot of meetings or in most chapters you will be kicked out. This is not a social club - it's business.
3. You must be prepared to bring a referal almost every week or you will look out of place and it can't be a fluff referral
4. Not all groups work the same or are as successful. Visit several that might accept you as a member. Generally speaking a chapter that has a carpet cleaner will not even allow you to visit them as a chapter can only have one business of each type so as to avoid conflict of interest.
- Some groups meet at noon which is a PITA for booking around as it seems to swallow up production time.
- Most groups meet at 7AM but you need to be there at least 20minutes before that for quality networking time. This means getting up pretty early on day a week.

Now the good stuft.
-It makes you money if you bring in business for other people.
- I consistantly make between $1200 - $1500 profit per month on referals from my BNI. I LOVE GETTING UP FOR THAT!
- Choose a larger group rather than a smaller group as the referal potential is much greater.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

Now you hit a switch in me. BNI is GREAT. But here are the things that they don't tell you when you sign up
- If you are committed to BNI it takes more than a meeting a week of your time. You have to do BBI's or business building Interviews with the rest of your chapter. Count on about and extra 1.5 hours a week not including your 1.5 hours at the weekly meeting
2. You can't miss a lot of meetings or in most chapters you will be kicked out. This is not a social club - it's business.
3. You must be prepared to bring a referal almost every week or you will look out of place and it can't be a fluff referral
4. Not all groups work the same or are as successful. Visit several that might accept you as a member. Generally speaking a chapter that has a carpet cleaner will not even allow you to visit them as a chapter can only have one business of each type so as to avoid conflict of interest.
- Some groups meet at noon which is a PITA for booking around as it seems to swallow up production time.
- Most groups meet at 7AM but you need to be there at least 20minutes before that for quality networking time. This means getting up pretty early on day a week.

Now the good stuft.
-It makes you money if you bring in business for other people.
- I consistantly make between $1200 - $1500 profit per month on referals from my BNI. I LOVE GETTING UP FOR THAT!
- Choose a larger group rather than a smaller group as the referal potential is much greater.

I like the way you've explained BNI...  never seen it described in such good form

Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 9:39pm
I like what I have heard about BNI so far. Im going to a meeting for the first time this tuesday. What should I expect?

-------------

Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 11:08pm
People will be interested in you and what you do and will be looking to see how interested you are in what they do. Membership is not automatic as they check you out to see if you are of good reputation. Carpet Cleaning positions are usually filled quickly because amongst the carpet cleaning community in the know they are valuable.

This brings up a couple of points. If you like the group put in an application right away. There may be more than one carpet cleaner who has become aware of the opening and it will be the one that looks like he could bring the most business the chapter that will be choosen. If you do not feel any sense that the position is going to be filled by another CCer right away then I urge you to go check out a few chapter first to see what each is like and to find the most suitable one.
Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 18/November/2006 at 11:38pm
SOUNDS LIKE A PYRAMID SCAM TO ME......................

NIGHTRIDER

Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:03am
Better off joining Amway.

Posted By: thermedix
Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 2:30pm
No Way, BNI is a Great system, I have been in "Chamber of Commerce" "Rotary", Toastmasters, and other business connection medias, BNI is undoubtedly the best form of networking, I have given and recieved many referrals, and had glowing testimonials.
Carpet cleaning is probably the best catagorie within BNI, you build a personal connection with  just about every business in the chapter.
BBI`s definately are valuable, you learn more about them and they learn more about you...   givers gain... Thanks Piledriver,if I never get another thing out of this board, I got involved with BNI. thats enough..

-------------
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 3:13pm
Well I'M GOING TO VISIT A CHAPTER THIS TUESDAY/ 7AM

-------------

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 3:16pm
Don't be late!

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by jtuseo jtuseo wrote:

Well I'M GOING TO VISIT A CHAPTER THIS TUESDAY/ 7AM
maybe you should head there now??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 3:48pm
That way you can get the good seat!

-------------

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 5:13pm
My buddy who lives in Mississauga was once at the top of one of the best ski hills in British Columbia and he gets a call on his cell from the BNI captain giving him sh*t about missing a meeting then booted him out LOL he told the guy to go f**k himself that he was enjoying his vacation ha-ha.

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 5:15pm
Dennis has friends??Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 5:21pm
Bni for life

-------------

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 6:00pm
Sold!

-------------

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 8:46pm
Hammy    where do you live?

Date Posted: 19/November/2006 at 8:57pm
Why?.............. do you want to clean my carpets??

-------------

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 20/November/2006 at 10:48pm

I went to a similar Network marketing meeting and the dam guy sold me $100 liquid supplement...Shocked 

One mans medicine is another mans poison ...You might not make a red cent but spend $100's...Cry

Date Posted: 20/November/2006 at 11:23pm
what are you afraid of?

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 12:27am
Originally posted by dennis_is_ok dennis_is_ok wrote:

what are you afraid of?

Any animal that can eat me alive....AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 6:09pm
Jtuseo, how was your first BNI meeting. I got two referrals at my meeting today.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 6:14pm
I couldnt go to the meeting as a visitor this morning, because I was up till 2 am doing a flood restoration. Nothing was set in stone that I was going to go to the meeting, but I am going to go to the next meeting on tuesday.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/November/2006 at 10:44pm
Did my presentation last Tuesday, got lots of good referrals, more very positive testimonials, the carpet in the hall that we meet at were quite soiled so I cleaned the letters BNI in the  carpet to show the contrast,
When I showed the owner of the hall, he realized how dirty the carpets were and we cleaned  the rest of the carpets in the building, Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 22/November/2006 at 11:33pm
Fantastic. How often do you get to do your big presentation? I have only had the opportunity to do just one and it was on my 12 step cleaning process.

We shouldn't talk too much about BNI or else our competition will want to join.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/November/2006 at 10:46am
We get two presentations per year, it`s quite an experince is`nt it... I spoke of some past experiences  and ultimate referrals, it was recieved very well.
Cheers!

Date Posted: 04/December/2006 at 9:23pm
Hey Jtuseo did you go to your first BNI meeting yet?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net