Print Page | Close Window

GTA Pricing

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3266
Printed Date: 09/May/2024 at 9:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GTA Pricing
Posted By: fanfairplease
Subject: GTA Pricing
Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 8:05pm
Hi all!
We are back in the floor cleaning business after a five year hiatus.  Wondering what the industry average is per sq.ft is for GTA.  We dont want to undercut ourselves because we do a damn good job but we also dont want to scare potential clients/customers away.  Are any of you charging different rates for commercial/industrial  over residential? 

Thanks
Star
Boxing

Replies:
Posted By: jtuseo
Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 8:08pm
.75 per square

-------------
WWW.PREFERREDCARPETCLEANING.COM

Posted By: fanfairplease
Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 8:12pm
What do you include in that .75per sq ft?   Is your pricing different for residential or commercial? 

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 8:17pm
Mr. Steamer gets $1.50 sq.ft.........only because he has taken the Jack Prince Marketing " SHARK " Program

Nightrider

Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 8:51pm
toronto HWE
.05 - .12 for commercial
.01 - .05 for cimex & op.
$20.00/room for house/condo

good luck.

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 9:00pm
WHAT....................HOW CAN YOU MAKE A LIVING WITH THOSE PRICES IN THE GTA...............................GAS, CHEMICAL, TRAVEL, HELPER , TIME, LUNCH, DOWNTIME, MAINTENANCE, INSURANCE, REPAIR, TELEPHONE, ADVERTISING, TAXES, ACCOUNTING, PROFIT MARGIN.............WHAT PROFIT MARGIN...........WHERE'S THE PERSONAL INCOME...........EVERYBODY CLAIMS THAT THEY HAVE  2 MILLION DOLLAR HOMES...............TED HAS TROUBLE SELLING PRODUCTS TO GTA CLEANERS.......................I THINK IT ALL ADDS UP NOW..................BUT I'LL KEEP MY COMMENTS TO MYSELF AT THIS POINT

NIGHTRIDER

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 10:10pm
caps lock.

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 10:43pm
My eyes are weak................left eye almosy blind.................that's old age.................you'll be there too one day.........take your time getting there Ahhhh!!

nightrider

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 10:50pm
    Jack, a lot of guys are making a lot more in GTA but the truth is there's a lot of Ninjas in the city of Toronto that are owned by very hungy guys who just got off the boat!

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 11:18pm
LOL................You're a funny guy Dennis_is_ok......................I'm not that BLIND......................but thanks, I'm sure you didn't do that to laugh at me

I once posted that there should be some type of carpet cleaners association with the assistance of the Provincial Governments to stop such activities by unemployeed & welfare or newly arrived immigrants to launch into a business sector and kill the industry.

That would never happen in the construction trade, plumbing, electricity, etc etc etc..........Take a step and contact your MNA of your district and voice out on this issue. Your families & kids depend on it.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 10/December/2006 at 11:34pm
Ted should not sell a complete Ninja package for less than $10,000

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 12:57am
That won't stop them. It will just take them a couple more weeks to get started

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 10:54am
Originally posted by dennis_is_ok dennis_is_ok wrote:

Ted should not sell a complete Ninja package for less than $10,000

Guess you don't want him to sell any then? With competitors selling them in the GTA for slightly over $2000 Cdn, KK would quickly go from Canada's biggest seller of the machine to one that sold none? Who in their right mind would pay that price for one machine while the guy down the street will sell you 4 for the same money?

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 12:55pm
It took me 3 days to make every penny back from my first Ninja-150 and then also put some cash in my pocket.

not a lot of business where you can do that eh? and on those 5 jobs I charged a whole .12/SQ/FT because that's what somebody told me to charge.

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 5:39pm
and on those 5 jobs I charged a whole .12/SQ/FT because that's what somebody told me to charge.

There is the real problem, Dennis. The rate that is charged. Not high enough. People's respect for the job you do for them is inversly related to what you charged them for it. I can tell you that since I started charging people here .50/sq or better, my customers give me lots more respect than they ever did back in the days 10 years ago when I only charged them .10/sq.

I will tell you this; Ted would be thrilled if most of his customers made over .20/sq ft. It would mean they could afford to buy what they needed when they came to his store. It would also mean that those that run accounts would be able to pay their accounts within the 30 day terms he sets, instead of the 60 to 90 days too many take to pay because they have a utility bill in their back pocket they need to deal with first before the power or gas gets cut.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 8:20pm
Ted holds his prices as high as he can and still offers value and service and loses 50% of sales to low ballers, same as cleaning carpets.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 8:21pm
Had a customer who froze their pump last week. This same customer I trained for free and went out on jobs to correct thier mistakes. Gave free advice and free chemicals. They went elsewhere for the pump to save $35.00

It's frustrating but reality.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 8:24pm

I think it's not that far down the road before carpet cleaning is a simple commodity. You will buy it on every corner cheap. People today shop the internet until they get the rock bottom price. We no longer respond to internet shoppers. It's way too time consuming to answer all of their questions only to find they are ready to buy a machine from some guy working out of his home and shipping third-party.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 9:04pm
Well to tell you the truth money doesn't go very far unless you try to stretch it...  it's sad but true....

for example  I sent out flyers in the bonuspak.....and letters to my repeat customers...can't you believe that some of them tried to combine my offers...

The flyer had a few packages on it with no tax..
The repeat letters gave 20% off...

I had a lot of people asking for but 20%off and no tax...

pisses me off...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 11/December/2006 at 11:02pm
You must be charging too much

-------------

The STD Meter

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net