URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3298
Printed Date: 18/April/2024 at 8:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: May have made a mistake buying machine
Posted By: 4running
Subject: May have made a mistake buying machine
Date Posted: 20/December/2006 at 1:42am
    Hi guys!

Before you experts laugh me outta here, I am looking for a good carpet machine. I want to have a nice piece of equipment to use that won't break, and will do a good job. I do not run business, but just want a nice machine to serve me for many years.

This is what I did-

I bought a Rug Doctor Wide Track.

This is why, I saw a nice Clarke Image 14 machine but it was expensive, VERY expensive. I have a Clarke Wet/Dry Vac and I love it! I also saw several Castex Eagle Machines but they were VERY large and seemed clunky to me.

This is what I want to know. I spent $250 total on this machine. Although I havnt recieved it yet, I feel as if I may have made a mistake.I know I can sell this machine for more than I bought it for. But is there a better machine I can get for around the same price that would be suitable for a do it your selfer? $500 is kinda my limit. As a newby I just needed some advice after the fact.

Thanks in Advance,

Kyle

US Army   

Replies:
Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Date Posted: 20/December/2006 at 7:57am
what do you want to clean with this machine?
and where are you stationed?

Date Posted: 20/December/2006 at 8:47am
well, I plan on doing carpets in my home, and for my family as well as upholstery and car interiors. I wont do it for a living, but I want to make an investment in a commmercial quality machine as I believe it is wiser to buy one nice thing than several crappy things.

So it being portable is important as well as perfomance.

I am stationed in Alabama.

Kyle     

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 20/December/2006 at 9:18am
$500?
you're going to really have to shop around, be patient, look for something with 2 vacuum motors.

at 500 you will mostly find something very abused and very used

Posted By: BonnetMan
Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 5:19pm
I have had a few people call me to clean their carpets after they rented and used a rug doctor. For the most part it was because they left behind a ton of residue. If you are going to use it then go easy on the concentrate. I would also recommend the purchase of a carpet rake.

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 8:00pm
How are you going to remove excess residue with a bonnet bad? Confused

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 8:16pm
The same way a bonnet pad removes anything else...........or you could read the countless other posts pertaining to low moisture cleaning.

Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 8:24pm
I am well aware of low moisture cleaning. Used it for many years. However it is not a good way to remove excess residue! IMHO

-------------

Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 8:29pm
Please explain.

Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 9:36pm
to remove residue simply use releasit

Date Posted: 21/December/2006 at 10:54pm
Are you telling me dennis that you would rather use encap to remove residue from a residential carpet than soft water and an acid rinse? LOL

-------------

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 22/December/2006 at 12:48pm
My past experience has proven over and over that extreme rinse extraction has clearly been best for residue removal.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 22/December/2006 at 9:31pm
Like the Steamin Demon?

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 22/December/2006 at 10:40pm
Yep.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 12:00am

Kyle,

I have a used Recoil-2 for sale for $500 + S&H. It has 3-3stage vacs. I use a direct line to the faucet to the wand. pressure regulator went bad so i took out the pump.

The direct line works fine. You never have to refill the solution tank, just dump.

I also have a portable heat exchanger ProChem2000 that gets the water alot hotter. Run Hot water thru it and you now have steamy effects.

If you would like the HX'er that too is for sale... Cost me $430.00 New and has 125hrs on it.. I would need $300 + S&H...

ALL IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION...

Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 9:06am
no, acid is better ofcourse

Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

Are you telling me dennis that you would rather use encap to remove residue from a residential carpet than soft water and an acid rinse? [IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 6:52pm
Can I run that Acid rinse in my Rug Doctor to help remove residue ? I think I may need to stick with this machine. After research I need to get a self contained extractor for space abd cost. 

This sounds kinda high tech, it might be fun!

Kyle

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 6:57pm
Yes you can, at 1 oz per gallon or so. You would need to get a pump-up sprayer as well so you can apply the detergent as a preconditioner before you rinse the carpets with the machine. Other than that, it hould work fine.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 7:24pm
Good luck with your new machine.. Mine will go on ebay after holidays...

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 23/December/2006 at 7:32pm
20 years with the same bull
I thought you had a women??
I guess you never know on this board??Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net