Print Page | Close Window

Believer

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to very low moisture, encap and oscillating pad cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3533
Printed Date: 23/April/2024 at 7:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Believer
Posted By: carpetologist
Subject: Believer
Date Posted: 09/March/2007 at 5:50pm
I am still a big believer in Hot Water Extraction and thats the bulk of my sales. Bonnet & pads I discouraged people from using for many years. 

BUT YES I AM NOW A BELIEVER AND HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

It's truly amazing the cleaning results you can get by using oscillation and cotton pads. (OP). Knock it all you want and say what ever you wish negative, but men like Tom and Pad Man will eventually get to you and you will see the light.

Make more money offering this servicePad Cleaning compared to HWE.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Replies:
Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 09/March/2007 at 6:40pm
I second the motion!

As a truckmount and portable user for many years I to realized that padding is a definate plus in your arsenal.

Add a pile lifter into your mix and you are the bomb!

The more tools in your box the better you are compared to your competition!

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 09/March/2007 at 11:59pm
"The more tools in your box the better you are compared to your competition"

I agree with Hammy's statement. But, SOme would like you to think that a rag spinner is all you need...Which is just plain wrong IMHO.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 12:47am
   IMHO, fair enough, how much experience do you have with OP?

I am all for someone having all the tools, especially an OP and a Portable, however there are NO carpets I do not clean, there are NONE that I can not clean, and most of the time faster and with better results than the competition, so I must know, IYHO, why do you say that?

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Posted By: BonnetMan
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Ninja-wand Ninja-wand wrote:

"The more tools in your box the better you are compared to your competition"

I agree with Hammy's statement. But, SOme would like you to think that a rag spinner is all you need...Which is just plain wrong IMHO.

You are showing your bias by calling us "rag spinners." It seems your mind is already made  up.

Posted By: opclean
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 2:22am
All customers want is clean carpet. I have cleaned carpets a long time with every style of machine. I chose o.p for one reason it cleans carpets. My first o.p machine i bought i thought wow this is going to be a waste of money. I thought at worst i would have a good boat anchor for my boat.WOW I WAS SURPRISED. SHOCKED. Our church that we have been going to for 10 years has always had these big brown spots. Even after HWE truck or porty.I took it up to our church and went over these spots that would not go away and they came up without much work at all. A year later and the spots are still gone. There are some new ones from time to time. I really enjoy the word of mouth buisness that i get with this o.p machine. It had to make a believer out of me and it has surpassed my wildest dreams. I dont knock any way of cleaning carpets. Learn your machine and do the best possible job for your customers. Make them happy and you will be happy. Thanks

-------------
Cleaning carpets is like a box of chocolate.You dont know what ya got till ya bite into it.

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 4:25am
Bonnetman, DOnt get me wrong, Im not speakin out of my ass....I have both a TM and Commercial Breeze from Mr. Padman here and Im just speakin from my experience.

Op does have it place and time...BUt, a TM is much faster(especially on the trashies). Plus, WOuld you rather flush out Urine,blood, and feces or just work it in with a cotton pad???...I dont know about you guys...BUt, I wanna go to bed at night not feeling guilty.

I do whip out the OP machine whenever I have a small comm. Job or when my hoses isnt long enough to reach.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 10:24am
Thang, maybe you haven't run it enough to be good at it.

Like EVERYTHING, you have to master it, you obviously haven't, I would go head to head on trashed and doubt you would be any faster or thorough.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care what you use, but I do KNOW what OP will do and when I see people posting (whether they have OP or not) and their results are so much different than my and many other op'rs day to day results, it can only make me think you don't really know how to use it well or effectively.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 10:58am

Originally posted by PadMan PadMan wrote:

Thang, maybe you haven't run it enough to be good at it.

Like EVERYTHING, you have to master it, you obviously haven't, I would go head to head on trashed and doubt you would be any faster or thorough.

Padman I told you...it's not the machine ...it's you...and you just proved that...

alot of us see your results ...but not everyone can get your results youing the same stuff...

I should post some HWE pics because my work is just as good as yours.  I just don't walk around with a camera...and I'd feel funny taking pictures in someones home.

no matter what you use you have to take damn pride in your job!

OP is not end all hwe is not end all...now the cimex...thats a different story..LOL joke joke

we've been down this road before here a million times

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 11:01am
I've used my op machine on a trashed rentals and was and still am impressed at the results? I am not bragging about this either. That I leave up to PadMan?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 11:13am
It is not just me Steemer, 100's of guys have the SAME results as I do, good grief, I am nothing special, even if my picture mankes it LOOK like I am...LOL.

If you saw me clean carpet, you would LAUGH at how little I do and how little effort goes into what I do.

This can be done by ANYONE who wants it to do a good job.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Ninja-wand Ninja-wand wrote:

Op does have it place and time...BUt, a TM is much faster(especially on the trashies). Plus, WOuld you rather flush out Urine,blood, and feces or just work it in with a cotton pad???...I dont know about you guys...BUt, I wanna go to bed at night not feeling guilty.

I agree, I extract all the spots and stains you describe. Trashies are a pain, but you just have to pad them more. There have been times, especially in restaurants, that I wished I had a TM to hit it with first. I just hate the term "rag spinner." It has a very negative connotation. Kind of like "soak and suckers" or "swamp and suckers."

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 12:21pm
I would of gotten an OP but I don't like the idea of washing pads...LOL

but it's all good...

The first question you have to stop asking yourself ...is where does the dirt go.....thats for all methods....

if you think HWE is pulling out more than the OP you have another thing comming.

the question you have to ask yourself is HOW DOES IT LOOK?

thats the only question the customer ever asks.

practice makes perfect..trust me

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 8:03pm
JOhn, I didnt say I cant get carpet to come out Clean with Op. Im saying that (for me anyways) HWE is much faster on nasty Ratholes. Ive talked to many of the VLM guys on your board (that has creditbility)and they agree with me.

Maybe youre the Master of OP'in and make it look effortless....But, not all can be like you oh great one.

And I still stand by my statement regarding Blood, Feces, and Urine.

Ps- BTw, Ive been doing stripping and waxing for years...How much harder can a OP machine be to master???...Give me a break.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 8:21pm
who wants to wash pads in your home machine after cleaning up the nasties

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:07pm
I did !

I had a seperate machine to wash those nasties in!

It use to wash alot of nasties in!    

-------------

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:09pm
I have a washer & drier in my shop for that?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:16pm
Exactly!     

-------------

Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 12:04am
well I don't....thats why I got a cimex...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:36am
Ok, so you are a scrub and runner eh, Steemer?

Thang, your idea about blood and feces and urnine, I would LOVE to compete with you on those exact issues.

I know you "think" hwe just rinses that all away, but closer examination of the fibers will show you that it ins't what you think it is.

Cleaning products have MORE to do with that than method, plus adding more moisture to a urine situation often is exactly the WRONG thing to do to solve the problem.

You and I can argue forever, but hopefully one of these days you and I can go cleaning together, and YOU PICK the jobs. We'll clean, I'll buy you lunch and we will make a day of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I

if you think HWE is pulling out more than the OP you have another thing comming.

I think I agreed with you padman... I love OP I think yes ....it works...do I want to wash pads.. NO... do I want to carry around pads NO...  so is the OP for me personally...NO

the most important thing for the customer is the look...I'm not worried about anything else.....  Thats all the customer cares about.

good looking carpet is clean carpet in a customers eyes...

Padman it took you to make me see that.

remember what Billy Crystal says.."it's better to look good than to feel good"

in this case it's better to look clean than to be clean

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 4:15pm
Peace love dope! And the temptations of Eve!

-------------

Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 5:48pm
"Cleaning products have MORE to do with that than method, plus adding more moisture to a urine situation often is exactly the WRONG thing to do to solve the problem."

I agree with the cleaning product part. But,I have to dissagree with your thinking that "adding more mositure is a bad idea". With Urine...Flooding it with OSR is not a good idea unless you can extract most of it out...And that is what the Water claw is made for.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Posted By: opclean
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 10:11pm
Hey All, I have been taking care of a surgical clinic for 2 years with a o.p machine. Blood you name it and we have removed it from there carpet. They had tryed several area cleaners and the o.p method was what they were looking for. They call it the magic machine. When the spots are gone there gone. We have no problem with the surprises they leave for us daily on these carpets. The carpets in this building is 85,000 sq ft. We also take care of there vct that is at 67,000 sq ft. Like with vct you have to work at it to make your floors look like glass. So with o.p cleaning. Practice makes perfect. Just my 2 cents worth. Learn your machine MASTER it and CLEAN CARPETS.

-------------
Cleaning carpets is like a box of chocolate.You dont know what ya got till ya bite into it.

Posted By: wheelerman
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:04pm
    Heres my question...does the O.P system clean the carpet to the base of the fibre like the steam cleaning does or is it just more of a surface cleaning and after drying and a couple days of walking on it does it look like sh*t again?

Plus the carpet looking clean to the client if very important , but are they deep down clean? No one has talked about the factor of leaving the home knowing that the carpet you just cleaned is now clean and as been disineffected to the best of you abilities. I admit I dont know alot about the O.P system and I am sure it has its place, but no one has ever told me how you can say a cotton pad flushes all the dirty from the fibres of the carpet when there is no flushing or rinsing involved? Lets not forget also that Shaw recomendes steam cleaning for a reason.

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 1:12am
As far as I know Shaw refuses to review any other cleaning methods besides HWE. I'd be curious to know their motives for that.

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:36am
      Heres my question...does the O.P system clean the carpet to the base of the fibre like the steam cleaning does

The question makes a huge false assumption, if you think steam cleaning cleans to the base of the fibers, you need to EXAMINE your carpets as you clean them, that is simply NOT TRUE and very easy to prove.

but no one has ever told me how you can say a cotton pad flushes all the dirty from the fibres of the carpet when there is no flushing or rinsing involved?

What most people do not understand is that what goes on between the wand and the carpet or the pad and the carpet is VERY SIMILAR, both utilize water, one depends on vacuum for recovery, the other absorbancy plus a wiping motion for recovery. Pads rinse the carpet, and they also do it with moisture, but not as much is required when you also have the wiping motion and agitation instead of relying simply on vacuum.

Lets not forget also that Shaw recomendes steam cleaning for a reason

Been to Shaw, they were interested in the GEM our CBM machine, they were VERY impressed with it, however when I was finished running it I asked to show them OP. They refused, at lunch I asked "do you think OP is too hard on the carpet?" their answer, "No, it just doesn't clean" to which I laughed, and stated, look both machines are the same price, I sell both, and use both, invariably OP does a better job, hands down no competition. In a side by side you can clean with a CBM and them clean next to it with OP and see a huge difference, then go over the cbm area and still cut a line of difference.

They didn't CARE, which showed me that POLITICS was the reasonsing, not performance or results.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:05pm
I personally have not confirmed this but I have heard that OP Cleaning is the method used on the carpets at the head office of Shaw Industries.

When people with large areas of carpets to be cleaned compare pricing of OP versus HWE and have budget restraints they often choose the less expensive methods. Some times in large organizations the hand also never tells the foot what's going on.

Moral of this story is a carpet cleaner needs more than one tool in his tool box to satisfy both his and his customers needs and budgets.

Keep an open mind. It is very unfortunate for those who have a closed mind.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:08pm

You just have to love Padmans confidence. He tells it the way he see's it and backs it up with experience and nails it down with before and after pictures. Clap

Sooner or later he will get to you. Pad Cleaning

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net