Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5130
Printed Date: 15/June/2024 at 11:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: VACUUM BEFORE CLEANING
Posted By: Kelly
Subject: VACUUM BEFORE CLEANING
Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 3:40pm
BEING SO NEW, I AM ALWAYS AFRAID I'M GOING TO ASK A STUPID QUEASTION BUT HERE GOES ANYWAY! IT SEEMS TO ME YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DRI VACUUM BEFORE CLEANING A CARPET. DO MOST OF YOU DO THIS OR IAM I WASTING ALOT OF TIME?

-------------
Kelly Hilliard

Replies:
Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 5:05pm
That's a great topic to debate. Shall we???Big%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 10:22pm
I like it when I hire a cleaning woman who cleans my carpet wearing a skimpy maids outfit.........................

Nightrider

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 10:51pm
I TELL THE CUSTOMER TO VAC.
i VERY RARELY VAC.

G/DAY  ALSmokey 

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 11:17pm
A carpet should be pre vacuumed. If you charge enough to include it, go for it. If the custy wants discount cleaning, let them vacuum it or charge extra for itBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I like it when I hire a cleaning woman who cleans my carpet wearing a skimpy maids outfit.........................

Nightrider

Yeah, but does she prevac, or is that foreplayShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 19/June/2008 at 11:18pm
you tell the customer to prevac...and get right into the corners....and when they don't you blast them

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 20/June/2008 at 8:52am

If you're telling the customer to pre vacuum you might as well tell them to pre spray, extract then groom after renting a Ninja from Ted.

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 20/June/2008 at 2:37pm
I agree that at premium prices you should pre-vac.  The customer may claim to have done this for you but their machine and method may not be good enough.  I filled up a bagless twice in a small home where the customer did me a favor.  A close examination of their vacuum provided answers as did the look on their face when I explained proper care of the machine and the recommended vacuuming method.

If you want to a respectable reputation, pre-vac.  Only nightrider can get away with doing it in a french maid outfit. Wink

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Date Posted: 20/June/2008 at 8:33pm
Soil Lint Green sounds alot like Steamer........................choooooo  chooooooo

Nightrider

Date Posted: 20/June/2008 at 8:48pm
nope not me.... 

I could never get anyone to pay for pre-vac'n....

so I always insist that the customer do it..

Clap

I have a 56 blower on my truck......even if the don't do a great job everything gets sucked up....

Posted By: FreshAire
Date Posted: 20/June/2008 at 9:54pm
Wrong Mr Steamer, your super-sucker won't get everything up, especially not in a heavily soiled carpet. Don't believe me? Go back next day with a Dyson and vacuum it and see just how much crap is left behind! When that soil load is wet out, it gets sticky and only partially gets flushed... try getting dust on your clothes and then dust it off with a dry hand- most comes out. Try it with a wet hand and see what happens; same thing applies to carpets!!!

Personally my customers don't get the choice, and once they've seen the result of what comes out of their carpet in spite of their having "vacuumed" already with their 40 year old wheezer of a vac, they are always happy that you do do a proper pre-vac, have not had a single customer complain about it to date!

And let's face it, even the ones with the best vac tend to be fairly lazy with their vacuuming and you end up only get a half-arsed attempt done! Why bother letting them do it for you, unless of course you really don't give too much of a sh*t about quality outcomesConfused

And as for your comment about "your customers would never pay for it" Mr Steamer, I used to say the same thing- until I started doing it and guess what? I might have dropped 10% of my customers, but the extra charge per job meant I still made more money at the end of the day with less travel (Read: expense) at the end of the day!

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 5:06am
Just give it a good once over with the broom.

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

Just give it a good once over with the broom.

Don't forget the shovelShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by FreshAire FreshAire wrote:

Wrong Mr Steamer, your super-sucker won't get everything up, especially not in a heavily soiled carpet. Don't believe me? Go back next day with a Dyson and vacuum it and see just how much crap is left behind! When that soil load is wet out, it gets sticky and only partially gets flushed... try getting dust on your clothes and then dust it off with a dry hand- most comes out. Try it with a wet hand and see what happens; same thing applies to carpets!!!Personally my customers don't get the choice, and once they've seen the result of what comes out of their carpet in spite of their having "vacuumed" already with their 40 year old wheezer of a vac, they are always happy that you do do a proper pre-vac, have not had a single customer complain about it to date! And let's face it, even the ones with the best vac tend to be fairly lazy with their vacuuming and you end up only get a half-arsed attempt done! Why bother letting them do it for you, unless of course you really don't give too much of a sh*t about quality outcomesConfusedAnd as for your comment about "your customers would never pay for it"
Mr Steamer, I used to say the same thing- until I started doing it and
guess what? I might have dropped 10% of my customers, but the extra
charge per job meant I still made more money at the end of the day with
less travel (Read: expense) at the end of the day!

Got to agree with Freshaire on this one. If you don't prevac, you are doing a 2nd rate job. If you can't make enough on a job by doing this, turn the job down. Doing the job right should always take priorty over prifitability on the job. Doing the job right is WHY you were hired to do it in the first place.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 2:35pm
2nd rate is just less than perfect.  That has become the standard for quality is the developed worlds.  Why buck the trend? 

Doing the job because you can do it better than the customer is why we are hired.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 5:41pm

Wrong Mr Steamer, your super-sucker won't get everything up, especially not in a heavily soiled carpet. Don't believe me? Go back next day with a Dyson and vacuum it and see just how much crap is left behind! When that soil load is wet out, it gets sticky and only partially gets flushed... try getting dust on your clothes and then dust it off with a dry hand- most comes out. Try it with a wet hand and see what happens; same thing applies to carpets!!!

Personally my customers don't get the choice, and once they've seen the result of what comes out of their carpet in spite of their having "vacuumed" already with their 40 year old wheezer of a vac, they are always happy that you do do a proper pre-vac, have not had a single customer complain about it to date!

And let's face it, even the ones with the best vac tend to be fairly lazy with their vacuuming and you end up only get a half-arsed attempt done! Why bother letting them do it for you, unless of course you really don't give too much of a sh*t about quality outcomesConfused

And as for your comment about "your customers would never pay for it" Mr Steamer, I used to say the same thing- until I started doing it and guess what? I might have dropped 10% of my customers, but the extra charge per job meant I still made more money at the end of the day with less travel (Read: expense) at the end of the day!
I'm flushing with 500-700 psi...more than enough...talk to me when you've cleaned a few more carpets...  I'm not using a porty I'm using a truckmount... bring on your dyson

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 5:54pm
Y'all don't clean much carpet do you????  let the customer Vac.....  most people have old crap vacs anyways...do you know how much crap you would pull up with a good vac??? do you know how many times you'd have to vac the same area to get it 100% soil free.

I hate to hear from you weekend warriors... vac yourselves to death...If I was cleaning 1 or 2 calls a month then I could charge 50 cents to 1.20 per sq ft and I could Vac.

never get a truckmount confused with a porty

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 9:15pm
I charge for vacuuming as part of the service based on ISSA rates.  I also give no options on protection.  I am the doctor treating the patient.  If the patient wants my help it will be by my ground rules.  I turn away more jobs than I get but what I get is cream of the crop.

Don't get all defensive and steamed, Steamer!

By some standards I am part time.  But the profit standard is not one of them.  I pick and choose the jobs I want, not take every scrap thrown at me.  Sorry if vacuuming ruffles your feathers.  I could say it is part of the certification for IICRC Technician to know this is step 2 (first being inspection) but I sense you think those standards are for losers, right?  Maybe we should just thrown out the other steps as well and simply send out statements for carpet cleaning and see who pays?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 10:21pm
The difference between a pre-vac or not is MOST time minor if any at all.  I have yet to see a carpet that would of come better if I pre-vac'd it.  Unless it was filled with a bag of top soil.

But most of you weekend warriors...who never advertise...gets all their business through repeats and referral.....pre-inspect every carpet pre-vac every carpet move every piece of furniture pad and block, with the air mover going, while cleaning with a slider on, with dry times of 30 minutes, and getting 50 cents to 1.20 per sq ft wouldn't know that..

Sure I'm steamed when I read such bullsh*t.  I clean at least 30 carpets a week not including area rugs....

I eat sh*t dream and piss carpet cleaning

pick up the big pieces and get to work stop pu**y footin aroundAngry

Is it better to Vac YES, but the customer already does that at least once a week, and you tell them to prep their place before you get there

Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 11:48pm
I am sure everyone appreciates your valued input that we are below you in our understanding of the business and that you alone possess the wisdom we seek.    

We humbly bow in your presence and say kiss our ever lovin a$$e$.  Have a nice day and remember it is a big world and you are relevant to but a few people.  Don't feel guilty about declaring the IICRC is just so much bull.  We consider the source of the bitching and know it means nothing.

Thank you for sharing.  Next!

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 12:40am
We would never confuse a tm with a porty.  A tm produces green house emissions. 

Just like we never confuse a Hummer with a hybrid. 

Nope, no confusion here.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 1:29am
For the record

20 years in business

I use Prochem Performer truckmount (LPG converted for both environmental and running costs scenarios) as well as a portable twin-vac extractor, rotary shampoo machine as well as dedicated encapsulation equipment.

Industry troubleshooter here in WA when people have problems with carpets/other operators

Doing my certification now to also become an instructor in the industry

Co-Founder of the Advantage Group Carpet Cleaners www.agccwa.com.au

Committee member of the BSCAA(WA)  paving the way for reigistration in the industry

Part of the select committee that set up the National Carpet Cleaning Competencies criteria

part of the "Green Stamp" approval system being set up locally for environmentally sound  business practices.

So no, I am not a fly-by-night operation and have been involved with enough research (including a short stint with the Department of Environmental Reasearch at Murdoch University) to know the difference between a "visual" clean (i.e. just making a carpet look better temporarily) and an actual clean.

To each their own, but please don't insult my intelligence and that of others on here who have had their collective eyes opened by professional training based on a sound scientific grounding as against an opinion that can't be quantified by anything other than anecdotal "evidence".

You may choose to prevac or not, that ultimately is a business decision you have to make for yourself, but saying you are providing the same level of service by either not pre-vaccing or having your client do it for you I find somewhat ignorant (not necessarily a fault, simply uneducated) or at worst dishonest, knowing what I know now compared to before I underwent any training or did some research of my own (Yay for the Internet!!Thumbs%20Up).

PS for the 6 years I worked in the industry as a so-called "professional" before my educational awakening, I also assumed my machine got it all/most of it out and would have argued against pre-vaccing; education and experience soon changed that notion!Smile

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 2:21am
Thank you for speaking up FreshAire.  Nice to have a qualified opinion on this or any subject rather than wild conjecture and unsupported claims based on beliefs rather than solid facts.  Chime in anytime.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 8:38am
Earl already stated that pre vacuuming is better and that is why he tells his customer to pre vacuum.
His business model it to put some of the responsibility into the customers hands, he gets them involved in the cleaning process so as to educate them on the importance of dry vacuuming and how that will prolong the life of their floor coverings.

He never said it was a bad idea to vacuum your carpet!

Remember the video he posted last year of him cleaning carpet??? First thing he did was DRY VACUUM!

Guys grow up and stop putting words in his mouth and stop hating on him because he's busy cleaning carpet while you're on line trying to learn how to clean carpet, or you're out having meetings about cleaning carpet while he is busy cleaning carpet maximizing profits and feeding his kids!

If you have come here from ICS to talk s*h*i*t---> Please go back!
Coming here and shooting your mouth off is like showing up in the wrong part of Detroit, L.A. or DC it just aint a smart thing to do.
So get to steppin before you get hurt.

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 1:08pm
Read again.  In fact let me quote as to what he lays claim to doing which obviously you don't take the time to read.

nope not me.... 

Clap

I have a 56 blower on my truck......even if the don't do a great job everything gets sucked up....

Now, You Shut The F**U**C**K UP S*H*I*T**F*O*R**B*R*A*I*N*S!

Just because Mr. Steamer has his panties in a wad over losing out to guys who choose to be professionals does not give him or you a right to act like a$$e$ or didn't anyone tell you that yet Mr Ken_is_Ok?  Someone attacks here they will receive more of the same right back at them.  You may set the direction of a conversation, we will then determine the intensity.  Got it?

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 2:11pm

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 2:37pm
You little Cheerleader b-i-t-c-h- Cheerleader you may know how to read but you sure don't have very good reading comprehension!!!

He knows it's a good idea to vac that is why he tells the client to vac.
Look I know you're from the States so I applogize if Mexican is your first language but I really only know English.

let me try this:
Sr. Earl sabe que es una buena idea limpiar la alfombra con la aspiradora. gracias. tenga un día agradable.

Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Read again.  In fact let me quote as to what he lays claim to doing which obviously you don't take the time to read.

nope not me.... 

Clap

Now, You Shut The F**U**C**K UP S*H*I*T**F*O*R**B*R*A*I*N*S!

Just because Mr. Steamer has his panties in a wad over losing out to guys who choose to be professionals does not give him or you a right to act like a$$e$ or didn't anyone tell you that yet Mr Ken_is_Ok?  Someone attacks here they will receive more of the same right back at them.  You may set the direction of a conversation, we will then determine the intensity.  Got it?

Posted By: rick007
Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 3:07pm
just in case you experts don't realize it this is a PUBLIC FORUM! kids and little old ladies can read it i suggest you guys tone it down a notch or two.

-------------
happy cleaning

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 3:10pm
I see lots of heart attacks happening all over the place after the little old ladies that like reading carpet cleaner boards read this thread!

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by rick007 rick007 wrote:

just in case you experts don't realize it this is a PUBLIC FORUM! kids and little old ladies can read it i suggest you guys tone it down a notch or two.

LOL
Bouncing%20Smileys

LOL%20Wave
Hysterical

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Ken_Is_OK Ken_Is_OK wrote:

You little Cheerleader b-i-t-c-h- Cheerleader you may know how to read but you sure don't have very good reading comprehension!!!

Ahhhhh, I think we hurt the little things feelings.  Did you get the shoes to go with that purse?  How are you and your domestic partner doing these days?  Thinking of adopting? 

At least mexicans who by the way speak SPANISH and not MEXICAN are not afraid to work for a living unlike you delicate types who think it is your time of the month again.  They may be replacing you, but since they are trained to do it right (including not making excuses for why they would not vacuum) and the IICRC recognizes the importance of aliens in our industry by conducting SPANISH language versions of our courses and most importantly don't throw a tissy fit everytime someone dares to disagree with them.  Probably a cultural thing.  But you would not know anything about that since culture is a foreign word to you, right girly man?

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 4:31pm
ok somebody explain to this retard that when I called him a bitch first that was me calling him a "girly-man". He then can not come back with calling me a f*g or girlyman. He needs to come up with his very own original way of dissing me.

That being said--nobodygivesaf**k what he thinks.
we know you are suppose to vacuum so that is why we tell the customer to do it. why cant you understand that?

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 4:55pm
Forgive me, I didn't know I was in the presence of his royal hinda$$ who establishes all rules of who can diss and how they can diss.  Bring it on girl man, now that you have been shown to be dumber than the dirt Mr. Steamer leaves in carpets by not being responsible enough to FOLLOW the IICRC guidelines and instead re-defining what is good or bad, keep talking and acting like you know more than the experts who know about you and know you drank the few brain cells you were born with into oblivion.  Care to list the nobodys you are referring to or is this more like the list of Harris' satisfied customers?

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

That's a great topic to debate. Shall we???Big%20smile

In hindsight........that may have been one of the stupidest posts I ever put upShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 5:13pm

Paul hindsight is 20/20 hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 8:57pm
Anyone here that can tell me that their customers will effectively vacuum carpets for them to be able to come in and clean is living in la-la land.

I used to give the option and used to give concise details on how I expected them to be vacuumed, but 95% of the time walked into houses that
  1. weren't detailed around the edges/skirtings of the rooms
  2. in the bedrooms you could still pick blanket dust off the carpets there was so much present
  3. half the time behind doors was forgotten about
  4. they'd expect you to shift furniture but wouldn't shift it themselves and vac under it cos it was "too heavy" for them
  5. here in Perth West Aust we have a lot of sandy type soils, which can accumulate in significant quantities in carpet and definitely will not lift out no matter how "super" your sucker is- you need the brush bar of an upright style vac cleaner to make a significant dent in the carpet's soil load, not just water, detergent and and extractor!
  6. woe betide if the customer has pets inside their house- tell me you go in and don't end up with pet hair all over your equipment, particularly your hoses and blocking your filters so much by the end of the job that you end up with no airflow thru your 3,456CFM super-duper-mega-sucker? I used to, but pre-vaccing with a Dyson means I haven't seen that happen since I stopped giving people the option.
So you still wanna argue that you shouldn't, if you wanna do the job properly that you don't hafta pre-vac?LOL You must be Egyptian and living in da Nile LOLLOL

If you wanna set yourself to the bottom end of the market, go for it, it is your business decision like I said after all and I won't argue that, the customer is only gonna get what they pay for, but to say it is "not necessary" and using that as your excuse is plain ridiculous!Confused

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 9:13pm
This is foolishness.... I have cleaned carpet long enough and more than enough to know if a pre-vac works or not.

LIKE I SAID MINOR IF ANY!!!!

Every little bit helps...but am I going to spend an hour or two to make sure it vac'd properly when I have a truck mount running a 56 blower and cleaning at 500+ psi NO!

once you own a machine your a professional in this business.

my panties are not in a wad....I just hate the holier than thou bullsh*t some of you motherf**kers post.

Thanks Ken-is-ok...

on the forums everyone is perfect

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 9:22pm
listen man do it if it makes you feel better...

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 9:32pm
own a machine and you're a professional??

yep, that's what I thought you'd think

definitely in La-La-Land

quick, where can I buy a scalpel, I wanna be a brain surgeon nowLOL!

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 9:43pm

own a machine and you're a professional??yep, that's what I thought you'd thinkdefinitely in La-La-Landquick, where can I buy a scalpel, I wanna be a brain surgeon nowLOL!

Steamer has been in La La land for a long time now.......

It is hard to find time to vacuum houses when you are used to doing 6 drivebys a day like he does. Between pushing the wand and arguing posts on this board, I am surprised he has time enough to eat and maintain his 250 lb figure!

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 11:12pm

own a machine and you're a professional??

yep, that's what I thought you'd think

definitely in La-La-Land

quick, where can I buy a scalpel, I wanna be a brain surgeon nowLOL!
Yup thats what I said....  Thats what the Carpet cleaning industry is full of....  A bunch of know nothing professionals.  Freshaire your one of them!

Take a dumb IICRC course...and think you know it all hands down... get certified without ever touching a piece of equipment.

Freshaire I bet you don't even own a vac...or it old and beat up and doesn't remove sh*t from the customers carpet.

your statement "quick, where can I buy a scalpel, I wanna be a brain surgeon nowLOL!"  this stands true in the carpet cleaning industry... there are no regulations to make you a professional.. you call yourself a pro

Freshaire why don't you just open your mouth wider so you can get your other foot in it too...

I'm not picking on you... just stating the facts ... carpet does not have to be prevac'd to get produce excellent results... if you had any experience you would know that...

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

own a machine and you're a professional??yep, that's what I thought you'd thinkdefinitely in La-La-Landquick, where can I buy a scalpel, I wanna be a brain surgeon nowLOL!

Steamer has been in La La land for a long time now.......

It is hard to find time to vacuum houses when you are used to doing 6 drivebys a day like he does. Between pushing the wand and arguing posts on this board, I am surprised he has time enough to eat and maintain his 250 lb figure!
I guess with are both living in a dream world aren't we now Kenny

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 11:42pm

Oh Hell No.

I know you aint tryin to disrespect Mr. Steamer!!!

You betta recognize!!!

Steamer is the Mac Daddy Of The GTA there buddy.

You need to show some RESPECT!!!!

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 9:26am
haha respect? yeah right, goes two ways

and yeah I do have a truck filled with gear including vacs, t/mounts, portables, air movers, dehums, rotary shampooers, orbital machines, too much to bother listing here and yeah, I paid someone to teach me about the technicalities of the job six years after starting in the industry full time (does that mean I was already a total professional in your eyes Mr Steamer??) and have honed my skills in the 14 years hence... but I guess in Steamed-up's eyes that would mean diddly squat other than an opportunity to sl*g off again cos I was stupid enough to need an education...

... and why he feels the need to sl*g me off I'm not really sure! As I said, your choice which way you go, I choose to do my jobs 150% i.e. above my customer's expectations whereas others choose to do the basics. Your market, your call, but don't confuse your place in the marketplace with being the best methods known to the industry just cos that's the way you happen to do it. sl*gging someone off is just a way of hiding your insecurities, otherwise we'd be sharing ideas instead of verbal punches over something as lame as the Internet where we'd never meet face-to-face!

And do I know it all? Nope, can't say I do, I keep learning new stuff all the time, keeps me interested in my work and at least a little motivated, can anyone say they have a total grip on every facet of the industry?

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 12:23pm
Just answer the question Professional...LOL

Does it matter in most cases if the carpet was pre-vac'd by you or not??

I just went to a house where the lady vacs 2 times a week....  I guess by your standards I should have vacuumed that right???

If you are doing Higher end homes like you say you are... they have cleaning ladies, or live-in house keepers.

IMHO the bigger the house the cleaner the carpets are...

Freshaire I don't think you know what your talking about.... I can tell by how you talk you don't do much business.

Your just upset because you can't bullsh*t people who know

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 12:54pm
Sure glad Mr. Steamer never became a dentist but I sure hope he gets a dentist who thinks like him.  Imagine, never getting your teeth cleaned because the dentist says if he tells you to brush before you come in that is enough. 

That's good sh*t. 

Or the construction company that skips on code requirements - oh yeah, there are tons of those experienced professionals.  I forgot.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 1:17pm

In a normal City (no we don't live in small slowwwww-town Oregon) a Dentist does not clean your teeth, a hygienist does and she/he "scales" your teeth they don't just brush them.

A DDS receives about 1 week of training on scaling and oral hygiene instruction while a RDH goes to school for a minimum of 10 months cleaning teeth every day. If you are getting your teeth cleaned by a Dentist you’re in trouble. That dude should be busy doing drilling, filling, crowns and bridges!Hysterical

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 1:24pm
Oh, I get it.  Steamer send in a flunky who works for him to vacuum, somebody on his payroll.

Frankly, never thought much of Canadians either.  Do stay on your side of the border, eh?  We will send you all the illegals you want and then the ones we want you to have.  Kinda sucks to be you kanuks.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 2:18pm
Duck, you are all wet!

-------------

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 2:24pm
We are all from different parts of the world anyways Duckboy...

I think highly of every culture... but just not too highly of you... those comments that you just made show the racist ignorant bastard you are.

Those where bitch comments...and I'd love to bitch slap you...LOL

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 2:46pm

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 2:48pm
Mike how long have you been in business and how many different company names do you operate under? (duck something?, baby something and what a 3rd one too and only in tha biz less than 5 years???)

How you livin anyway Mike???
Post up some pics of your house, car, boat, motor-cycle, RV, SUV, summer home etc...

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 2:50pm
Are you a carpet cleaner or a business man?

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 3:12pm
Like you would know the difference

-------------

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 4:20pm
Crawl back under your trailor park, you sister marryin hick. you and your 15 Kids and your momma.

America is a great country...  they let a waste of skin like you survive

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 8:01pm
Already posted details of my background in this thread if you cared to look Steamed-up.

What are your credentials then other than age (which doesn't necessarily add up to experience, especially if it's the wrong experience)

and why is it that you feel so aggro anyway, am I somehow a threat to you?? Please don't tell me your ego is that fragile...

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 9:38pm
Your customers have the cleanest carpet in the county but every night your kids eat

Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 11:23pm

Already posted details of my background in this thread if you cared to look Steamed-up.

What are your credentials then other than age (which doesn't necessarily add up to experience, especially if it's the wrong experience)

and why is it that you feel so aggro anyway, am I somehow a threat to you?? Please don't tell me your ego is that fragile...
moving along... I noticed you still haven't answered the question..  It's simple..... 

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 12:14am
http://www.babysafecc.com - http://www.babysafecc.com

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 12:19am
http://renoscarpetcare.com/ 

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 12:19am
http://www.duckccc.com/

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:59am
Thanks for helping the google rankings.  The more exposure my domain names get the higher I get in searches which is good for me.  Sucks to be you wannabe carpet cleaners from Canada, eh?

And you are right, America is a great country.  Canada on the other hand is well ..... full of the failures that we like to call EX-Patriots.  They blend in so well up there.  It is our dumping ground for over priced products and criminal types we have no intention of keeping.  My customers are intelligent and yours are too stupid to know when they are being taken advantage of which makes you all so much fun to nag into a fight - a fight which no Canadian could ever win but Aussies and true Americans can win without any real effort.  How's that whole gay marriage thing working for you guys anyways?  

Face it, any country that lets people of the kind Ken Harris walk among the law abiding citizens is the by product of too much in-breeding and a failed education system.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:08am
and which question was that, Mr Steamer?

and Ken_is_Ok, why would I feed my kids that kinda crap when I can cook something way more substantial and preferable to that bowl of muck you must be serving your kids every night?

Oh, you are trying to be funny about my financial status... so maybe I should sell one of my 3 cars or two trucks or even the motorbike I own that are parked in the garage of my own house.

Shame you guys always try to insult someone without even knowing the tiniest detail of who or what they may be... once again your insecurities are showingTongue

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:34pm
Go get em, FreshAire.  I need them to boost my google rating some more.  

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:13pm
I don't want to get in on this debate ( argument ) I just wanted to point out that on a marketing standpoint DuckCountry has a great website and his truck logo ( The baby ) is one of the greatest eye catchers and psychological marketing ideas . Do you mind if I copy it for my own use.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:50pm
Please do use it.  I would consider it an honor. 

I find parking the van directly in front of a starbucks in the morning when the professional mothers are dropping in for their latte before going to work gets results.  Women do react favorably to pictures of babies.

And of course I get my morning caffeine fix. Big%20smile

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:57pm

and Ken_is_Ok, why would I feed my kids that kinda crap when I can cook something way more substantial and preferable to that bowl of muck you must be serving your kids every night?

Oh, you are trying to be funny about my financial status... so maybe I should sell one of my 3 cars or two trucks or even the motorbike I own that are parked in the garage of my own house.

Shame you guys always try to insult someone without even knowing the tiniest detail of who or what they may be... once again your insecurities are showingTongue
The question was ... can you tell if a carpet has been pre-vac'd before a cleaning or not????????

make it a truthful answer.

Duckboy isn't your friend is he???  This guy is a piece of human garbage.. it's guys like him that cause people to kill themselves to harm America.

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:59pm
Hey I'm willing to do a demo right here online... I use two pieces of carpet...

I will throw a cup of sand on both...  one I will pre-vac ...one I won't...lets see which one comes cleaner.

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 3:21pm
Running out of intelligent things to say Mr. Dreamer?  So typical.

Everyone is a friend until they demonstrate a compulsion to be confrontational when defending a non-defensible position.

Is it Mr Steamer, Mr Dreamer or possibly Mr Skeamer from the looks of how you approach your carpet cleaning?  It looking like door number 3.

Would you care to test your claim by using dry soil with sand and clay in it?  That is the REAL test.  Then we can check after 3 months of traffic to see which piece looks cleaner, the one with the muddy remnants or the one without.  No one but you lives on an island with sandy beaches and little else.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 3:53pm
Duckboy..you so crazy and racist...

How many carpet do you clean per week??  NONE... bahahahahahahaha

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 4:09pm
i see what I have been missing?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 4:59pm
Earl is in his glory when he gets to be confrontational with people Doug, but it does lead to great entertainment,eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 5:47pm
The problem with this argument between DuckCountry and Mr. Steamer is that you cannot prove a negitive.............and that's what they are both trying to do.

On any different given day with any different type of carpeting using different sand, dirt, or clay will bring different results to satisfy both sides.

My suggestion is that they both get together, make a video of their tests, market it for advertising, and there will be alot of different buyers making the purchase to market their own cleaning agents, cleaning technics , carpet cleaning equipment or whatever.............THAT'S HOW DIVERSE AND CONFRONTATIONAL THIS TOPIC CAN MUSHROOM TO BE.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 6:58pm
None of my posts were directed at FreshAire.

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 8:24pm
OK Ken_is_ok, my bad and apologiesDead

As for the point can I prove it? Yes, I can, and yes in all truth- why wouldn't it be? Here to share ideas and experience, not slinging mud around (unless it's for a competition on how much mud you can extractLOL)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/freshaire_01/1stbrmSerpentinevac467.jpg

That is a job I did yesterday morning, 100% wool berber and cleaned a few days ago by a guy using a supersucker but without pre-vacuuming. New owner was sure carpet should look better as she had the same carpet in her previous house where she'd been using my services for the last 5-odd years. The shot there shows the result of 1 room's worth of prevac, and it was the cleanest room in the house!

She had a friend with her that commented on how the carpet looked so much better and how "dry" it was after cleaning, until I told her she might wanna wait until I'd actually cleaned it before passing judgement LOLLOL

I do also have a video taken that I made for a video presentation at a home show where the carpet changes dramatically in brightness (if I can figure out how to post it up) which shows the difference as well as test results from some work I did for Murdoch University's Dept of Environmental Science where they followed me around for a few days sampling before and after cleaning.

What proof do you have Mr Steamer, other than your anecdotal evidence? Shocked

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 8:40pm
interesting photo

Date Posted: 24/June/2008 at 9:38pm
everyday life....  thats my got damn proof...LOL

I vac if it's really needed....

which are very few...

the pic you posted means nothing...what proof is that?????

you must be doing some real sh*t holes with customer who are as nasty as hell if you have to vac every got damn job.

it doesn't make sense to fight with you... pre-vacuuming every job is the right thing to do... if the customer will pay for it why not.

does it make a big difference I don't think so but thats just my opinion.

Date Posted: 25/June/2008 at 4:50am
What? Mr Steamer, you're gonna agree with me?

Pardon me whilst I pick myself up off the floor!ShockedLOLLOL
LOL
I'm glad you stated that it is just your opinion, and to be perfectly honest I used to think the same way until I had it proven otherwise to me... as they say seeing is believing and yeah I do get to do some sh*tholes, but I find a lot of my up-market customers still benefit with a good prevac, especially if they have sisal style carpets that make perfect dust traps due to their profile.

Fact is most people also only have barrel type vacs, no powerheads or even turbo heads, so no matter how much they vac they always leave enough behind for them to like the fact that I do bother to prevac and when they see the results, they are consequently are happy to pay the extra dollars for the perceived value they're getting.

I win, cos I make more per job w/out the machine running or my truck chewing up fuel driving from job to job, customer wins cos their carpets do stay cleaner for longer, saving them money and prolonging the life of their carpets and I win again cos I have loyal customers who are happy to refer me to other friends and family; probably the reason I haven't had to advertise my services for the last decade I guess as the work these days chases me instead of me having to chase it!Smile

Date Posted: 25/June/2008 at 7:52am
Never did disagree....scroll  I just said the difference is minor and I find a waste of time.   I don't prevac I pre scrub  which I find gives way better results.  You can vac a room 3 or 4 times and still pull crap out of the carpet.

Date Posted: 25/June/2008 at 10:18pm
yep, do both myself, scrub with a rotary scrubber after pre-spray or use drop tank depending on the job... prescrub, altho takes time in itself, saves a heap of wand time and heap of effort overall and gives a far superior result.

sh*t, there we go, agreeing again... you're starting to worry me!!LOLLOL

Posted By: Mick Oz
Date Posted: 25/June/2008 at 10:22pm
Frank i started to worry when Ken began to agree with you.

Mick

-------------
I'm a happy Little SLIDER

Date Posted: 26/June/2008 at 12:25am
you're dumping a lot of water on the carpet eh?
do you own a VorNinja?

Date Posted: 26/June/2008 at 4:57am
no, not a lot, just enough to do the job, dumping from the tank, if done correctly, will dry faster than prespraying anyway. I know I'll have guys howling down that one too, but there's a big diff between just dumping and controlling!

Prochem Performer is my choice of extractor if you must know and Mick... I was scared too when he agreed with me!! LOL'S

Date Posted: 26/June/2008 at 12:39pm
Why wouldn't I agree with you Freshaire? You make alot of sense most of the time.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2008 at 12:58pm
only most of the time?? how insulting... I think i make sense all of the time

Blah%20BlahBlah%20BlahBlah%20Blah

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net