Print Page | Close Window

Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5206
Printed Date: 13/May/2024 at 7:12pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?
Posted By: davidtwatson
Subject: Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?
Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 11:07am
Hi Guys, I'm new to the business as well as the forum. A local supply house mgr. spent an hour and half with me going over various equipment choices. After reading this forum for a couple of hours it's obvious there are many, many choices in portables. I'll ask you all this; what do you think of either the US Products Advantage 18, or the Cleanmaster Express? The Ninja was also suggested by someone I met online that's been very helpful. Thanks Neil if you're out there! Thanks, I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
Dave Watson

Replies:
Date Posted: 27/July/2008 at 1:56pm
Sooooo, does no response mean nobody uses either machine? I did approximately 5,000 sq. ft. yesterday with the US Products machine. It is an exact copy of the Advance Aqua-clean 15 I used years ago. Right down to the sh**ty gasket on the waste tank that kept falling off, getting sucked in, etc. Please forgive my ignorance guys. As I said, I'm new to the business and these were the first machines I have had a chance to really look at. I'm here because I want to learn as much as possible from the pros who have been cleaning carpets for years. I'm even trying to find a local company that would let me do a ride-along to see how it's done right. Kind of touchy as we would be competing against each other, but worth a shot. Thanks, Dave

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 27/July/2008 at 9:41pm
Where in MA are you located? Ride alongs are great for learningThumbs%20Up

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 28/July/2008 at 8:31am
Newbury, 6 miles from Seabrook, NH.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 28/July/2008 at 2:50pm
I watched the video on the 18 nice pull unit.. Too bad its only 100psi.. How much is it? $3000? Ahhhh!!
The other one might leave excess moisture..Ahhhh!! The cleaning head looks like a RX20..

Date Posted: 28/July/2008 at 2:58pm
The US Products machine is $2700. I know the guy sells them, but he seemed very sincere when I asked which machine he would buy if he could have ANY portable. He said the CleanMaster. ($3100) John, what do you think of the Cross-American Recoil or the Ninjas?

Posted By: rick007
Date Posted: 28/July/2008 at 10:22pm
from all the info i've gotten so far you can't go wrong with the recoil or the ninja. but apparently the best is still the good old TM. decisions decisions ? good luck.

-------------
happy cleaning

Date Posted: 28/July/2008 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by rick007 rick007 wrote:

from all the info i've gotten so far you can't go wrong with the recoil or the ninja. but apparently the best is still the good old TM. decisions decisions ? good luck.

Not apparentlyBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: rick007
Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 1:50am
cmaster- how come? every one i talk to says you need a big TM to get the job. in other words customers don't really think a porty can do the job that a TM can do. is this right or is this wrong ?

-------------
happy cleaning

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:08am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Hey cmaster when someone rides with you do you pay them? Or is it on the job training? Big%20smile If it was me i would want to get paid as a helper..

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by rick007 rick007 wrote:

cmaster- how come? every one i talk to says you need a big TM to get the job. in other words customers don't really think a porty can do the job that a TM can do. is this right or is this wrong ?

What I meant was........definitely, not apparentlyBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Hey cmaster when someone rides with you do you pay them? Or is it on the job training? Big%20smile If it was me i would want to get paid as a helper..

Are you kidding???? It's free training. I would love to do a ride along with another cleaner just to get ideas on improving my systemsThumbs%20Up

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:40am

Ppl do get pd for on the job training so it could go either way.. It's training but also working.. Nobody likes to work for free! So NO I'm not kidding!!!! LOL

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:57am
I would be grateful for the experience and not expect to be paid, but that's just me.

Date Posted: 29/July/2008 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by davidtwatson davidtwatson wrote:

John, what do you think of the Cross-American Recoil or the Ninjas?

I have a 99 model Recoil but cant say about the Ninja's.. 2/3stage Ameteks no big deal... 3/3stage in mine..!

The New Recoils are set up different than my oldy.. Ask Ed V..

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net