Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6207
Printed Date: 25/May/2024 at 4:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: electric vs fossil fuel TMs
Posted By: boo74
Subject: electric vs fossil fuel TMs
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 1:57am
Recently was in NY state and Bane Klene electric type systems seems to be the norm everywhere !! even in suburbs (residential) yet out west and Canada  it's all big $$$ purchase/operate fuel guzzlers.... Why does it seem to work in that far more competitive market and has been doing so successfully for such a long time and never evolved north or west ??

Replies:
Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 2:26am
Good Question. IMO it had to do with fuel for TMs staying cheap for many years and units getting very powerful as compared to electric units. Now just like cars, electric is coming back. Watch for more electric TMs to displace the gas burning ones in the years ahead.

Posted By: Chica
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 8:31am
Both fuel cost and perception reasons I would think, most people understand the ICE better than they do the EE largely because they work on them more. Which highlights two of the best advantages of the EE, simplicity and reliability, then add in the fact that they are far more efficient and we should have a no-brainer.

But old habits are hard to break.

ICE TM's do have one advatage in that you can still function if a place has no active electric service, otherwise it's a wash or disadvantage for the ICE. I have been researching electrics but cannot find a whole heck of allot:
-The Savage One looks okay but a bit Micky-Mouse and their site stinks
-The Nordic-1 looks to be better engineered, the site is better but still lacking, and I can't find a price
-The Bane Clene system looks antique but rugged, hard to find performance specs

I would stongly consider an electric TM if I could better info, performance specs, and price, I'm still looking....

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 12:03pm
Steam Genie had one of the best Electric TMs going in the 1980s and 1990s, but that company is now out of business. I understand the Workmaster TM is still being produced but at over $10,000 I consider it over priced by quite a bit in relation to most other ICE designs being sold. There will be better, stronger designs coming out next year that sell for under $5K.

Posted By: Chica
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

There will be better, stronger designs coming out next year that sell for under $5K.

Can you let the cat out of the bag as to who, when, etc?  Popcorn

Posted By: rick007
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 8:41pm
Hey Guys- If you want an enviro friendly carpet cleaning setup then try OP. Save gas, water and a lot of bucks. Cleans as good as any high priced TM. Just stating my opinion. Rick

-------------
happy cleaning

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 9:08pm
Thanks Rick.

Op will be more and more used as gasoline costs continue to rise in the years ahead.

i am sure Padman will be very happy!

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 8:39am
Oops, I just opened the front door and over heard the conversation.

I could always recommend another proven (electric) system that has been out there since 1977.

hummmmmm.

The very best;
Ed Valentine
"Company name held by request"

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 11:30am
Susie Homemaker Carpet Cleaner?

j/k Ed.  Your equipment suck big time - and in your case that's a good thing.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net