Print Page | Close Window

Portable that lives up to a truck mount??

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6569
Printed Date: 28/March/2024 at 12:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Portable that lives up to a truck mount??
Posted By: Atlantis
Subject: Portable that lives up to a truck mount??
Date Posted: 19/May/2010 at 11:31am
Hey guys. My truck mount was stolen. Recovered the van with "2 front seats left". So I'm thinking about going back to portable. I was wondering if there is a portable I could use like a truck mount. Not one of those "portable truck mounts" though. I'd like to run about 100 ft. of hose and sit the machine at the front door, plug it into a garden hose and go. Is there a machine that would allow me to do this??

Thanks.

PS. I hate having to fill and dump portables! Pain in the ASS! But I'm willing to do whatever I can to get back on my feet.

Replies:
Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 19/May/2010 at 1:52pm
Have you looked at the portable truck mounts units?  Roughly about the size of a generator, you wheel them out of you van and hook up to hoses. 

Hope you had business insurance.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 19/May/2010 at 2:04pm
check out the thread at http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=100610#post100610 - http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=100610#post100610
Cross American would be an ideal solution for you if you want to use a portable.  auto-dump/auto-fill is how this guy has his setup.  If you live anywhere near Florida maybe he will let you see it in action.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 19/May/2010 at 2:05pm
Yea. I had one for a while before I got my truck mount. I didn't like that. They weight just as much as a truck mount (a good 500 lbs). At least the Chem-Tex unit did. I took it off of the back of my pick up truck and I had to get another car, tie a long rope to it and literally pull it back onto the pick up bed. No WAY!

I'm thinking about just getting a Mytee DX10, heated. I can just go with the "well, it's the latest technology for a much more eco-friendly carpet cleaning. Hahaha. It is, after all much more eco-friendly than a truck mount. No lie there. Wink

Date Posted: 19/May/2010 at 2:06pm
I meant the portable truck mounts. I'll have to check out that other set up you posted!

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 21/May/2010 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Atlantis Atlantis wrote:

Hey guys. My truck mount was stolen.
How in the World did that happen? No security measures?

My PitBull lives in my Van at night..LOLLOL

Posted By: 88hybrid
Date Posted: 22/May/2010 at 4:10pm
no insurance?

Date Posted: 12/June/2010 at 12:19pm
Yes I had insurance but my insurance wouldn't cover it because it was a "Family member" as they put it. An old girlfriend stole the van along with a 2000, 15 air movers and three evolutions. The police stopped her about 500 miles away (in her home town) and she convinced them it was a "divorce issue". The sheriff of my county called me up and said they recovered the van. Then the story changed to they stopped and let her go. Now that I want to sue the police department there is "no record of any stop on the vehicle".

They finally recovered the vehicle with "2 front seats".

In hindsight I'm not sure how this could have been prevented. I dated the girl for a couple of years. We lived together for a few months. I never thought she would do something like this otherwise I would have never let her into my life. We weren't getting along and I asked her to leave. She left alright. With my van, truck mount and drying equipment. It wasn't even about the equipment, it was about a taking a jab at me for breaking up with her. Total nightmare. And unfortunately I told the truth to the police instead of just reporting it stolen which was ultimately my downfall because the insurance wouldn't cover it. Had I just reported it stolen and not disclosed the info, I'd have a truck mount again.

Luckily, for the past 8 months I've had contractors working for me and paying them 50%. It's been nice to sit around everyday and still make $200-$500/day with no expenses aside from some advertising. But it's time to get out there and work again!!!!!!

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 12/June/2010 at 4:52pm
Too late file a police report.  If you had evidence, witnesses, police report you could sue her.  Oh, well.  Live and learn.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 14/June/2010 at 9:13am
After 38 years................."I wish I knew of a High-Performance PORTABLE/TM system that was the Best ever!"

Clap  I'll have to do some research!--LOL

Date Posted: 14/June/2010 at 12:00pm
I'm about to order a Mytee M-12? It has a 250 psi pump, a 2000 watt heater, two 3 stage vacs, and a 1200 psi pump for cleaning tile. Oh yea, it has auto dump and auto fill that I imagine would be useful while cleaning tile but not carpet since I imagine the machine would have to be moved pretty frequently.

What I'd really love is a unit I can roll up to the front door, attach to a water hose, plug it into two different currents and run 100 ft of hose. Does anything like that exist??

Date Posted: 14/June/2010 at 12:14pm
Sounds like you might be in the market for a portable truckmount.  They make them on wheels and no current is required.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/June/2010 at 4:26pm
I ran one for a few weeks. I didn't like it much. The suction was terrible, the thing was HEAVY (500 lbs) and it kept running out of gas every 2 hours. But yea, I'm considering it because of the cost.

Here are my affordable options. Keep in mind, I still have to buy a chemical rack, carpet/tile/upholstery wand, stretcher, toolbox, hydro-force, UV light and a bunch of misc stuff to get up and running again. So... what do you guys suggest?

1 - the M-12 - $2400 - 2 - High Efficiency two stage vacs (100 inch water lift)/ 1200 PSI pump (cold)/ 250 PSI pump w/ heater/ auto dump/fill - 75 ft hose max
2 - The DX-1003 - $1800 - 3 High Efficiency three stage vacs (130 inch water lift)/ 500 PSI pump heated/ autodump/fill - 75 ft hose max

I didn't know about the 75 ft. max until I talked to Mytee today. I thought I'd have to run 25 ft or something ridiculous like that. 75 isn't bad. I could probably push it to 100 and work a little harder. And with the pump out/auto fill, it could work like a TM. Thinking back, I never used more than 200 ft of hose cleaning a house and 50-100 ft of that was that the length between the van and the front door which would be eliminated by putting the portable at the front door. But I know, there will always be that bitch who wants the whole downstairs done and one little hallway in the far end of the second story of the home. (UGH!!!!)

Now that I think about it, a portable might work. Which portable though.....

I'm thinking back to my truck mount days when I use to get lazy for a small piece of tile (bathroom or hallway) and I'd just hook up my spinner to the already set 500 PSI solution line. I'd spray down the tile with grout cleaner, scrub it with a brush and rinse it with the spinner. Scrubbing it with a brush did most of the work. So I'm wondering if the extra lift I'd get with the DX would be an even switch for the extra work involved in cleaning grout (I'd have to scub the sh*t out of it). Hell, I could theoretically clean grout with a brush, bucket and mop, but that would be VERY labor intensive).

My other option is this the Chemtex Stallion. $6,000 out the door for a complete set up. It's a little rinky dink truck mount though. I use to have a Panther 25 and the Panther was frustrating enough! For $7,000 I can get a 15 horse power Panther. $7,000 is probably the MAX I could go. And that would put me in a situation where I'd have to go out and make money before I could buy any of the other tools I need.

The difference between the Stallion and the Panther is the water box that automates the temp. With the Stallion, you'd have to use a bypass otherwise the machine over heats and you're SCREWED!!! My panther overheated once because the jet got clogged and it destroyed one thing after another (hoses, thermostat and so on and so forth).

Stallion
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRUCKMOUNT-CARPET-TILE-CLEANING-MACHINE-CLEANERS-/330376180086?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cebf47176

Panther 15
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRUCK-MOUNT-CARPET-TILE-CLEANING-MACHINE-EQUIPMENT-/330368492657?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ceb7f2471

In the end though, I'm confident in my abilities. Hell, for the first two years I made money with my buffer and a pump up! Maybe I should just get a small machine for now, make some money and upgrade later. Or maybe I should take my buffer back out to the field!!! Although I don't miss hearing "where does the dirt go?" and having to BS the customer.

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 15/June/2010 at 6:51pm
I mentioned in another thread that I got the Mytee recently. I'm mostly happy with it, definitely a step-up from the Ninja 400. Running two-inch hose to a glided rx-20 makes for some smooth sailing.

I don't know of any DX1003 with all the features you mention at such a low price. In fact, I don't know if you can all those options at once period: three 3-stage vacs, heat, 500 psi, with an auto-dump? Does it have four cords? Is it listed online?

Date Posted: 16/June/2010 at 8:45am
Thanks, Duckcountry!

Here was a Ride-Along that may be of interest to a few:

Trailer Mounted:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY

Recoil-3 XPS

Date Posted: 16/June/2010 at 12:09pm
Thanks Ed! Those look like great machines! I wish they would make them with an adjustable 1200 psi pump. The way things are looking, the Panther 15 is looking more and more attractive despite the price. I've been using an old Ninja to clean my carpets at home and MAAAAN, it's a PAIN compared to my old truck mount. But then on the flip side, I spoke with someone who is heavily into flood restoration (an old vet) and he said, screw the truck mounts, just get a good portable with 2 3 stage vacs. Those tile jobs are hard to walk away from though and flood jobs are hard to come by. I've even moved all of my advertisements over to flood keywords and still, barely any floods. I hit a nice one recently, $13,000 insurance job. But splitting that with a contractor... hell, that would have paid for a damn Panther!

http://www.discountcleaningproducts.com/product_p/1003dx.htm?utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=versafeed&utm_term=1003dx&utm_campaign=vehicles+parts+automotive+care+automotive+cleaning+vehicle+carpet+cleaners&utm_content=mytee+1003+dx+speedster+deluxe+heated+carpet+cleaning+extractor&v_traceback=c0614_0032_f0614_0253&Click=4623

Click "add to cart" and the price goes down to $1850.00 ;)

I was wrong about the autodump/fill though. I've been looking at so many units lately they've all been running together.

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 16/June/2010 at 12:35pm
Okay, glad to know I wasn't duped, because I wanted that feature also. That's the machine I have, exact same configuration. Everything about it is better than the Ninja, and the separate circuit indicator makes things a lot easier.

Date Posted: 17/June/2010 at 12:30am
"MODULAR DESIGN" - that's how the best stereo systems were done when I was spinning vinyl.  I love that phrase.  Catchy.

-------------

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 17/June/2010 at 1:24am
Wow, what a concept! Portables that are actually strong enough to be used as TMs. I will have to look into that.Smile

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Date Posted: 20/June/2010 at 4:45pm
Alright! I think I've made my decision. The Mytee M12. I took some measurements in a few homes and front door to the further point in a nice size 2500 sq. ft home was 50-75 ft. I also just got back from a moderate size flood job that I did with my Ninja and even though the thing is beat up, it still did the job! I've also been contemplating the amount of gas I use to use. I'd say about 2 gallons an hour x 8 hours a day = 16 gallons/day x $3/gallon = $48/day x 15 days a month (leaving out 5 working days just to leave room for slow days and no days) = $720/month in savings!

Those re-coils look great! If they only had an auto fill/pump-out, I'd go with those. They claim to be able to run 150-200 ft of hose where the M12 says it runs 75 ft. The propane heater + the machine = about the same as a Panther 15 unit, so it doesn't make much sense.

re-coil - $2700
heater - $1300
Pump booster for tile - $1,000
auto-fill/dump - $750
wand - $200
hoses - $400

Cons to gas truck mounts (cost per month on gas).

Hmmmmm. Yea, I think I'm going to go with the Mytee for now. It seems more cost efficient all the way around. Worst case, I could buy an air hog for $400 and mytee heater for $500 to use on commercial jobs if needed. Or I can simply move the Mytee to where I need it and use the old Ozarka bottle to fill it. Those extra large commercial jobs are not too often. Not often enough to justify thousands of dollars of extra cost.

Those recoils look great though!

Date Posted: 21/June/2010 at 9:43am
IMHO, I do not think you are comparing apples-to-apples.

The very best;
Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 21/June/2010 at 9:30pm

I've also been contemplating the amount of gas I use to use. I'd say about 2 gallons an hour x 8 hours a day = 16 gallons/day x $3/gallon = $48/day x 15 days a month (leaving out 5 working days just to leave room for slow days and no days) = $720/month in savings!
Cons to gas truck mounts (cost per month on gas). LOL! LOL
Hmmmmm. Those recoils look great though!  Carpet Cleaner 
So your TM burns $48/day... in 8hrs.. Ok with the M12 it would be
12hrs to do the same amount of work with slower dry times.ShockedLOLBig smile

4hrs extra cleaning per day X what your worth per hour? Are you really saving? No.Shocked
15x4=60hrs extra time cleaning a month. WOW! 60hrs x Your worth $50 = $3000. Cool

Gas isn't an issue as much as time.... Well, not to me anyways. Cool Approve Big smile 
By the way, Customer's pay for my gas all the time..! Approve Approve Approve

Date Posted: 21/June/2010 at 10:33pm
How about a truckmount using cummins diesel power?   j/k

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2010 at 6:18pm
Soil... I dont just use my TM.. Also use my rotary
quite a bit. Have a bucket full of pads for my old
lady to clean.. Banana Dance

Date Posted: 24/June/2010 at 1:02pm
You're right John. I'm going to pick up a Stallion or a Panther 15. Screw it, I'm ponying up the money. In the end, it will be far more worth it, easier to work in the home and a smaller engine won't burn up as much gas as the 25 HP did, so yea. That seems to be the most logical solution. I was just thinking about hauling that 200+ pound M12 up and down stairs. Trying to get the water hot, etc. etc. etc. Yea, why should I try to "emulate" a TM when I can simply just use a TM. Even if it's a lower end model. I never used 450 ft. of hose, like the 25 HP was capable of. I never used the double wand. I never used any of those extra features.

Date Posted: 24/June/2010 at 1:42pm
Best of Luck to you, Chris!

You will be a real success because you are a terrific and honest individual, as John L is.

Also great speaking with you the other day too.

Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 24/June/2010 at 8:20pm
Thanks Ed. I didn't know that..LOL! Anyways if you decide
different the nearest to TM Porty setup would be the Recoil XPS/booster/lil-giant.Banana Dance

Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 6:26pm
OK. I went with a brand new Panther 18. Ugh. This ordeal costing me over ten grand with the reel, extra 100 ft. of hose, stetcher, toolbox, chemical shelf, chemicals, tile tool, etc. etc.

And to think, I thought I could get away with spending $3000-$4000! I guess in the end it will be worth it. I'll make it back in a couple of months by not splitting everything with contractors (contractors who don't turn in add on sales on top of that!!!) Cool I'm going to pick it up in the next couple of days :)

Thanks for every ones words!

BTW. I found a great deal in another state from an individual. The only thing stopping me is the fact that he's 20 hours away. Other than that, he seems legit. Knowledgeable, good pictures, clean machine, etc. etc. Any ideas on how I can safely do the transaction?? He's willing to take paypal but it took me 3 months to get a $19.99 item refunded for non-receipt last time! I can only image $7500!!

Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 8:21pm

You might want to ck out the unit first.. Start it up.. Test it out..

If it has frozen and he dont tell you ....  you are out 7500! Unhappy

Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 10:15pm
Great advice! I'm going to go with the new Panther. The other one is too much bullsh*t.

I checked out Amtex too. The machines look good but I've heard they are not well put together. There is a youtube video called "Prowler POS" hahaha. Plus, Chemtex has the dual heat exchangers and the water box to circulate the water ;). No bypass on the wand, the way it SHOULD be!

You know, I've never shopped around so much for machines. Last time, I didn't expect to get the Panther 25. I was upgrading from a Ninja so anything was better at the time so I bought the Navigator. This time, I've been SHOPPING! And there is one thing that I've noticed. All of these machines are virtually identical. Same blower, same engines, same everything. Some are just WAY overpriced (Hydramaster, Prochem, etc). At least the cleaning models. Sure, you can get something like the Prochem Everest which has a 4 cylinder Honda engine.. but that's just flat out ridiculous if you're not running 500 ft of hose!

Date Posted: 01/July/2010 at 12:53am

Remember if you do any flood extraction and you dont have a pump clutch you have to hook up water and it has to flow.. So get yourself a weep spay wand (carwash type).

They constantly move water (weep) without pressing on the trigger, so your unit dont overheat and shutdown. Your unit should have a overheat shutdown feature to prevent engine damage. Most TM's do.

Good luck on your new TM.

Weep spray gun.......
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1MDJ7 - http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1MDJ7  

Date Posted: 01/July/2010 at 12:06pm
If you were not in such a hurry I would have told you to save your money till Connections. There is a new high performance portable going to be there with 4 - 3 stage vacs and 500 psi pump that is as strong as some gas TMs. Will be selling for a little over $3000 too. But you probably have your new purchase by now so I guess that one will not help you.

-------------

Posted By: A1 ChemDry
Date Posted: 31/July/2010 at 11:00am
I have one of these that I use for cleaning hard surface floors but it is a carpet cleaning machine also http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/usproducts-kingcobra.shtml - http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/usproducts-kingcobra.shtml My guys like it and you do not have to keep filling and dumping the unit it has water hook ups for filling and dumping.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your truck.

-------------
Fort McMurray Carpet Cleaners http://www.a1carpetcleaning.net - http://www.a1carpetcleaning.net
And a proud member of http://www.a1carpetcleaning.net - http://www.homeprosgroup.com

Date Posted: 19/August/2010 at 11:07am
:)

Posted By: Alexarz
Date Posted: 12/September/2010 at 10:14am
I didn't bother to read through all of the posts in this thread but let me clarify something after my recent acquisition of a Mytee M5. Based on the M5 being one of the strongest present day portables, I would say that they are not close to the performance of a good truckmount, such as a ProChem Peak.

If you own a Recoil and think you have adequate vacuum power, you are kidding yourself. You need to modify these portables and arrange things so that you get more lift out of them. I have been using ProChem truckmounts for years now and compared to the standards that I am accustomed to, the portables of today leave the carpet soaked.

Date Posted: 12/September/2010 at 2:35pm
I agree, no portyCarpet Cleaner today can match the power of todays TMs.

Date Posted: 12/September/2010 at 4:06pm

Apparently I was having a problem with an internal vac hose kinking on the Mytee M5. Once I corrected the problem, the vac power was much better. However, I would still prefer some added vacs placed in series with the two vacs in the machine. To be honest, the truckmount power is not all that more substantial and I feel it is within reach of this Mytee M5 with some modifications. The Mytee M5 certainly has enough power to do excellent work and when one considers the many advantages of a high powered portable, it is well worth considering as an option.

Posted By: eclipse
Date Posted: 14/September/2010 at 9:10pm
New Eclipse Quad 500 Model: 4 Vacuum Motors w/ 500psi Adj. Pump. Produces around 340" Water-Lift. Monster Suction!!

awesome machine i used one for years
http://%20www.steemercarpetcleaners.com/tile_and_grout_cleaning.html -
http://www.steemercarpetcleaners.com/tile_and_grout_cleaning.html - Tile and grout cleaning fort lauderdale

-------------
http://www.steemercarpetcleaners.com/ - carpet cleaner fort lauderdale

Posted By: TA152H
Date Posted: 15/September/2010 at 12:37am
Originally posted by eclipse eclipse wrote:

New Eclipse Quad 500 Model: 4 Vacuum Motors w/ 500psi Adj. Pump. Produces around 340" Water-Lift. Monster Suction!!

http://www.steemercarpetcleaners.com/tile_and_grout_cleaning.html - Tile and grout cleaning fort lauderdale

Four vacs, each with 85" lift, do not pull 340" lift when used together in series.  There are very significant losses.  You'd be lucky to be pulling 240".  Not that that is bad.

Date Posted: 15/September/2010 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

Four vacs, each with 85" lift, do not pull 340" lift when used together in series.  There are very significant losses.  You'd be lucky to be pulling 240".  Not that that is bad.

240" sounds about right. More importantly though that combination is very weak in cfm production. In use it gets no higher than 50 cfm. There are better machines that produce much more.

-------------

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 15/September/2010 at 8:39pm
50 cfm's is dreadful. Why is it so low?

Posted By: TA152H
Date Posted: 16/September/2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

240" sounds about right. More importantly though that combination is very weak in cfm production. In use it gets no higher than 50 cfm. There are better machines that produce much more.

Ken, 

You need to get your Titan x4 (2 x 2) out.  The reality is, there aren't really great choices out there.  Basically, the choice is between lift and cfm, and you can't really get both with what's available.  It's time for you to change that.

Date Posted: 17/September/2010 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

50 cfm's is dreadful. Why is it so low?
Because all those low performance 2 stage motors are in series, which lowers CFM.Even without restriction these motors only are good for 90 cfm. With restriction they get cut in half to about 40 to 45 cfm.

-------------

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 17/September/2010 at 8:11pm
What restriction? Isn't cfm in series configuration determined primarily by the front vacuum and boosted slightly by the vacuums in back of it?

Date Posted: 17/September/2010 at 11:27pm

For $7,000 I can get a 15 horse power Panther. $7,000 is probably the MAX I could go.
Your best bet is to get a used Harley Davidson Nightster 1200 or similar for $7,000
and pick up some rich dame wine and dine her and she will get you what you want! Banana Dance

Date Posted: 18/September/2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

What restriction? Isn't cfm in series configuration determined primarily by the front vacuum and boosted slightly by the vacuums in back of it?
The restriction that happens to every motor when the wand goes down on the carpet and the air has to get by the Wand/carpet Interface. It is the reason why only "net" cfm production counts, not the "Free Flow" figures given out by mostSmile

-------------

Posted By: shaggy85383
Date Posted: 02/October/2010 at 11:47pm
I use the new Ninja it has two 3stage vacs and up 2 600 psi.  It rocks and if i take the time to use a bucket heater it is pretty close to a small truckmount. 
I have a big tanks and would rather fill a couple of times and empty then hook up the auto in and auto out.  takes way to long and leaves you less mobile.  that being said truck mount is sooooo much easier.

-------------
David
www.shaggyscarpetcleaning.com

Posted By: 4carpetclean
Date Posted: 05/December/2010 at 6:38pm
I have the Masterblend Masterforce MF503  and I use it at my rug spa.  It works great but you have to lube it every 50 hrs. Also it has no heat but it works great. The Truck Force may be better foir you if you want to clean grout.

Only drawback, like I said, is you have to add hot water. But it does have a totally automatic filling sytem, which I never use because it could, and did, flood. I heat my hot water in 5 gal buckets with a lid and submergable electric heater. These are used to warm cattle water trougths. But really if you have a great truckmount and a reliable mecahnic who won't keep you waiting , and you do your periodic maintenances,Smile  you shouldn't have to worry about having a portable for a backup.
http://4carpetclean.com - http://4carpetclean.com

-------------
4carpetclean

Posted By: vacman2000
Date Posted: 19/December/2010 at 5:51pm
For me it would be the Diamond Back 17 gallons and if you get any small leacks it does not sit in the bottom of the component tank, as it does not have one. Tried and tested machine. Good old Bill

-------------
http://www.masterclean.com - Carpet Cleaning London
http://www.masterclean.com - Carpet Cleaning
http://www.leafletflyers.co.uk - Leaflet Distribution London

Date Posted: 20/December/2010 at 4:32pm
Alex(are) Arzoomanian of Kissimmee, FL made another  rediculous statement once again when he allutted that the RECOIL-XPS system didn't have alot of vacuum.
Here lets clarify; Take your choice:

Recoil-3 XPS
Truckmountedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEA-HMkndAg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEA-HMkndAg

Trailer Mounted:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY

Recoil-3 XPS & Zipper, Jr.:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUmhTrelMI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUmhTrelMI

Date Posted: 14/January/2011 at 1:35pm
Mr Ed, you really need to work on your elementary spelling. You write at a 3rd grade level and design portables at a 4th grade level.

Your Recoil XPS3 is a very dated and weak machine, using vacuums that are old and do not produce the amount of vac power that more modern vacs do. The design is riddled with flaws from the root to the fruit and you need to do what you can to do a complete overhaul.

I mean, what kind of portable does not allow all the waste water to be emptied out, leaving the waste tank smelling like a dead body?

What modern machine requires a person to climb under it and remove screws to separate the top section from the bottom section in order to gain access to the inferior vac motors and pump?

Who would design a metal handle that screws into the fresh water tank with bolts going into the body, below the water line?

What kind of machine had a waste tank lid on it that does not even have a rubber seal?

What portable do you know of that does not include a pressure gauge so its operator can properly adjust water pressure for various tools?

I'll answer all the questions above; Cross American's Recoil 3 XPS pile of garbage.

Date Posted: 17/January/2011 at 9:30am
Alexarz (??);

I'm losing track on what handle you are going by these days: Alexarz; Grutzey; Deron06, Havi,.....however I do know that your constant bad raps that you are always throwing at us are very suspect. And, further it is funny that you have e-mailed us in the past regarding the desired purchase of a RECOIL system (letters on file).

Anyways, here's how bad our system is:

Posted by Marc Mullins mailto:marcmullins@greencleanky.com">Email User on 8/19/2010, 11:12 am

Well, this week I was at another IICRC class, and whether you like him or not, Doug Heiferman is highly regarded in the industry.

This is what he said in the class about some different machines and their capabilities after I asked a question about efficiency and increasing productivity, he asked what I was using, I proudly replied that I used the Recoil 3 XPS with the 3HT Little Giant...

.....he said in his NYC accent bluntly,...

"with all due respect sir, you are not using a portable, you are using a small truck mount...that's a great machine. Ed Valentine knows how to take a portable and put it on steroids to get the most performance possible out of a machine..." .

Ok, now you can continue to throw your horse pucky in this direction!--LOL. And, may I make one request? Please stick to one fake handle.

Date Posted: 17/January/2011 at 4:33pm
Ed, Why waste your time with this Tom-Slick? Chair Beating 
 He goes on all the boards except ICS and Mikeys and talks dung..Middle Finger
No matter what is said he comes back like a nat on a dogs dic! LOL

Date Posted: 20/January/2011 at 4:56pm
Ed,
I was interested in the Recoil 3xps about a year or so ago before I knew much about the machine but several people told me not to buy it and that it was not as good as people were saying on these forums. Then they told me that you were using aliases to write fictitious testimonials. Soon after, Locko put up a video and I could see many design shortcomings that I did not like and I was quite disappointed.

If you fix these issues, I will acknowledge it and congratulate you. If you don't, then don't expect me or other carpet cleaning experts to have a favorable opinion of your machine. If people ask me about the machine, I will tell the truth and if that hurts you, then fix the damn thing already. It is as simple as that.

I also have not mentioned you or your machine in months but you like to keep digging up trouble.

Posted By: westcovina
Date Posted: 24/January/2011 at 6:16pm
I have never seen one. Get one anyway and start saving for a new TM.

-------------
http://www.example.com - http://www.carpet-cleaning-pasadena-ca.com/

Date Posted: 25/January/2011 at 9:00am
Alex;

"Then they told me that you were using aliases to write fictitious testimonials"

We don't "fake anything" as you have proven and done with the various names you post on these boards. Every testimonial that has become public can be easily proven. And, in addition, in the majority of cases we have even posted their phone numbers for you to call and verify. Which, ofcourse you haven't and will not. Please show us a testimonial you have in question and we'll gladly give you the truthful information right here right now.

Lets just be honest here, you have a much different adjenda and that's alright I guess. Just start using common sense before "its too late" (!!) and you regret it.

I know, the truth hurts........

Very best;
Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 25/January/2011 at 10:39am
My Masterblend Masterforce 503 (500 psi) is still doing fine. However once, I had to clean calcium out of a little water filter inside.  But Masterblend has great customer service by phone, so no problem! Also I know I need to grease the motor with the grease gun that came with it. I've done it once in about 14 months. Probably time to do it again. You have to squirt the grease into these two Zerk fittings. "The patent for the Zerk fitting was granted to Oscar Zerk in January 1929. #cite_note-1 - [2] Prior to this point bearings were lubricated by devices such as a Lunkenheimer oiler (Wikipedia)."

-------------
4carpetclean

Date Posted: 27/January/2011 at 8:35am
Ed, it is not so important to me that I care. However I was told that you were busted doing these sort of things. I understand that you were only trying to promote your machine so I really don't care much about it. The Recoil 3 XPS is what it is, testimonials or not so not much changes. It's up to the buyer to do the research and make the choice.

Please stop threatening me, like some sort of crying schoolgirl. You are not intimidating me in the least and if you continue to do it, I will continue to voice my opinion openly about your Recoil.

Date Posted: 27/January/2011 at 11:09am
I'm a little confused here because would you clairy what name you will stick with? Is it Alexarz, or Devon06, or?

If you "heard" that I was busted for any fake testimonials, that was as deceiving as your comments have been. And, in addition, any testimonials have been followed by the Operators true names and/or phone numbers, or links. And, if you truly want to verify what those particular exgarerators are telling you, why don't you e-mail me and ask for these Operator phone numbers so you can call them?  Hummm, ...

But, here's another  (proven) testsimonial we just received which you just might want to dispute & try to twist as a fake. Please read aand I do hope that your stomach won't turn when you finish:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, 11:01 PM   # http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=112763&postcount=1 - 1
http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=4276 - Anthony Nash vbmenu_register("postmenu_112763", true);
Cleantalk Member

Scorpion XPS - First Week

Well, my first week with a Cross-American Scorpion-XPS - what was it like? Was it has good as all the hype?

You bet! In fact,I was gobsmacked, to be honest. I had a fair bit of anticipation, and was worried that it simply wouldn't be as good as my expectations. But actually, it was far better than I'd hoped for!!

PSI is really good.......CFM, really good too. Today, I was 4 levels up, 50 ft of 2", and 25 ft 1 & 1/2", so 75 ft total. I didn't notice any drop off in PSI, and the CFM was better at 75 ft run, even with that hose combo', than 25ft of inch & half hose only ( though, I know that's credit to the 2" hose too ).

I've read so many times how the Scorp's not the best looking machine and so,maybe I'm starry eyed right now, but I've taken to quite liking the way it looks. Real business like.

I appreciate also, the design obstacles evolved the machine and the way it needed to be to get that great airflow, whilst being easily maintained.
Basically, I think it's a class act, and I'm delighted to have made such an up grade.
Thanks to Nick for all his help!
--------------------------------------------------------
Alex, oh, I might add this one from a Gentleman you already know:
--------------------------------------------------------

Ed,
I can tell you. the (Cross-American MITEY-ONE)spotter is great, just great.

Really good machine, good lift, the specifications I ask worked great for our needs.

It almost dry the carpet to the touch, before we were doing 5 spots per hours now we do 10 spots, In our school we get around 15 spots per day average.
0 complains, 100% satisfied

Thanks,
Jaime Fabara
------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, but you already know this but perhaps worth re-reading:

"....Vulgarity, slander, lies or harm to people from the tongue should not be or tolerated, that is not the same as freedom of speech."

Nice try once again, but have a wonderful day!
Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 27/January/2011 at 11:14am
One last comment here Alex:

You had mentioned: Ed, it is not so important to me that I care.

Well, you really should care only because the particular information that "others" are spewing your way is wrong period. I wouldn't think that anyone would want those kind of parasites as friends and common sense would tell anyone that you want to convey the right and accurate information rather than have these guys laugh at you in the back ground?????????????????????

Date Posted: 23/March/2011 at 8:10pm
Buy a new porty the get another TM .

I hate the "bucket brigade" on a daily basis.

-------------

Posted By: thesteammaster
Date Posted: 24/May/2011 at 12:05pm
I use the bane-clene paramount system which is a truck mount that can go portable. Ive been using there equipment for 15 years and its still going. I also have a few expensive portables but they don't compare to my bane-clene portable/truck mount!

-------------
http://www.thesteammaster.com/Carpet_Cleaners_Ma.html - Carpet Cleaning Massachusetts

Date Posted: 17/June/2011 at 8:57am
My 4 vac M5 provides similar water recovery and dry times to a truckmount. When I use 6 vacs, it roasts a truckmount with much more lift and well over 300 cfm's.

Date Posted: 19/June/2011 at 11:54am
I see the "who's got the bigger pecker" is a game younger males continue to play.  Move over and I will roll mine out.  Please, no pictures. Carpet Cleaner

-------------

Date Posted: 19/June/2011 at 8:26pm
I see that the riff raff still abound, dreaming of one day acquiring respect in the industry. 

Date Posted: 20/June/2011 at 12:17pm
Respect in the industry doesn't pay the bills.  Respect with the clients and potential clients does SCHMUCK!  Get a life!  At least ACT like a businessman and not a toilet scrubber.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/June/2011 at 8:54am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Respect in the industry doesn't pay the bills.  Respect with the clients and potential clients does SCHMUCK!  Get a life!  At least ACT like a businessman and not a toilet scrubber.

Scrubs often lash out like this example above, when faced up against those of far higher abilities and net worth; sort of like a hurt dog.

Posted By: absoluteclean
Date Posted: 21/August/2011 at 11:30am

You can keep the M12 stationary....you can run up to 75' of hose and still get great vacuum performance.

Even add a booster.

ac.

-------------
abosoluteclean carpets&upholstery

Date Posted: 21/August/2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by absoluteclean absoluteclean wrote:

You can keep the M12 stationary....you can run up to 75' of hose and still get great vacuum performance.

Even add a booster.

ac.
sorry, just realized how late i was....

-------------

Date Posted: 21/August/2011 at 12:13pm
4carpetclean,

After a lot of research, I had come down to 3 choices....1.) The Mytee M5-DS. 2.) Jag 6.6.) 3.) Master Force 503.

The M-F 503 is what I have decided on, but would like you to please inform me of your major dislikes with this machine.

Thank you!

Best regards,

absoluteclean.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/August/2011 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Alexarz Alexarz wrote:

My 4 vac M5 provides similar water recovery and dry times to a truckmount. When I use 6 vacs, it roasts a truckmount with much more lift and well over 300 cfm's.

I doubt that. sure is LOL... haha!
Usually set my rpms around 2700 but if throttled to 3350 @
200ft your tiny 6 vacs will cry mercy againt my Kohler Aegis 26HP and Roots 47.

6 of these--- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/ccametek.png/">
  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/ccametek.png/">

VS THIS: Which would actually look bigger compared to what u see!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/cctmkohleraegis.png/">

Date Posted: 24/August/2011 at 1:45pm
Well I see this debate still lives on. The gas powered machines still hold an edge, but the gap against the 4 vac machines is getting closed. Especially on short hose runs.

On runs over 200 ft the positive bloer gas powered machines will always have the edge IMO. Use each for its best application and you will do fine with either.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/August/2011 at 4:46pm
Ken where'ya been? Dont see ya on TMF anymore. You take a vacation?
Whats the name of that new CCing forum? Do you know?

Date Posted: 24/August/2011 at 10:54pm
I have always been right here John. Just taking care of business is all. Needed a break from all the posting I was doing last year.

Which board you talking about?

There has been a few starting up lately.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.carpetclue.com/forum/ - http://www.carpetclue.com/forum/

-------------

Date Posted: 25/August/2011 at 9:21am
Why anyone would want to spend 2699.00 on a porty unit and then an additional $750.00 so that they can enjoy the convenience of Auto-Fill and Auto-Dump out is puzzling....(dont get me wrong, AF and ADO are a must!)
Also, this is 2011; if it is not at least made from Roto-molded high strength plastic (which is the standard among over 95% of the manufacturers this day and age), some corners are being cut! I have done tons of research over the past 2.5 months, let me tell you, for a comparable amount of money; the TITAN line-up is going to give you a lot more "bang for your buck"! 
The TITAN already comes standard with the Auto-Fill, Auto-Dump out, and would probably make a unit that is not made from durable Roto-molded plastic cave in on itself, if you hooked the 2 hoses together. 
The price of the TITAN is actually less, but with a much more modern design, pneumatic rear wheels (not inexpensive plastic wagon wheels.) Auto de-foamer, detachable 12 gauge power cords, circuit indicator light and labeled switches that are TRULY located waist high, locking 5" casters in the front and (4), that's right,(4) powerful vacuum motors! To me it's just a "NO BRAINER" to go with the TITAN, not saying the one for 2699.00 is a peice of junk in no way shape or form! To me it was constucted in the most inexpensive manner possible yet did not come with the inexpensive price tag! (IMHO.)

-------------

Posted By: nathan112
Date Posted: 28/August/2011 at 1:35am
ninja is the best  portable machine for sure 

-------------
http://www.greenhome-services.com/ - carpet cleaning sacramento

Date Posted: 30/August/2011 at 9:55am
The autofill can cause a flood so I don't use it. All it takes is for the float to stick.

Also I use the machine in a rug cleaning shop. If we bring it in a location we rech in the recovery tank and disable the auto dump by pulling out the hose. That way if someone hits that switch its disabled.

-------------
4carpetclean

Posted By: nathan112
Date Posted: 02/September/2011 at 11:47am
portable are much cheaper than a truck mounted  

-------------
http://www.greenhome-services.com/ - carpet cleaning sacramento

Date Posted: 02/September/2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by nathan112 nathan112 wrote:

portable are much cheaper than a truck mounted  

You got that right "much cheaper" plastic chassis, Polyethylene! Confused
Truckmount: PowderCoated Steel Frames! Cool
Pricewise? yea! much much cheaper. Stern Smile

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 07/December/2011 at 3:46pm
I have a Mytee M5,,,,,autofill,,,autodump more vacuum then i ever expected out of a portyWink

only complaint i could possibly have is it's quite heavy,,,,,,,but it's rare I bring it in the house,,,,,usually sits in front of the front door of the customers house or in their garage so its not really an issue

honestly i use it as much as possible over the TM simply to save money and some day I'll figure out why a TM is so much quicker,,,,,,I guess hooking up a couple garden hoses takes a few hours,,,,,and if your porty is leaving carpets soaked either your porty is crap or someone needs wanding lessons IMO

the Titans of today weren't really availible when I was shopping otherwise I woulda got one of those

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 05/June/2012 at 8:06pm
Sorry about your loss. I guess its back to the bucket brigade.

-------------

Date Posted: 06/June/2012 at 1:36pm
Don't ever go back to the Bucket Brigade. Just purchase the right machine that will not bog you down!

Beat Always;
Ed Valentine
Cross-American.com

Date Posted: 10/June/2012 at 3:05am
[QUOTE=Ed Valentine] Don't ever go back to the Bucket Brigade. Just purchase the right machine that will not bog you down!

Beat Always;
Ed Valentine
Cross-American.com
[/QUOTEI
I agree with Ed.

There are many portables that come with the auto fill and auto dump now. It is not necessary to go back to the Bucket brigade ever again. Unless you enjoy operating that way.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/June/2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by absoluteclean absoluteclean wrote:

Why anyone would want to spend 2699.00 on a porty unit and then an additional $750.00 so that they can enjoy the convenience of Auto-Fill and Auto-Dump out is puzzling....(dont get me wrong, AF and ADO are a must!)
Also, this is 2011; if it is not at least made from Roto-molded high strength plastic (which is the standard among over 95% of the manufacturers this day and age), some corners are being cut! I have done tons of research over the past 2.5 months, let me tell you, for a comparable amount of money; the TITAN line-up is going to give you a lot more "bang for your buck"! 
The TITAN already comes standard with the Auto-Fill, Auto-Dump out, and would probably make a unit that is not made from durable Roto-molded plastic cave in on itself, if you hooked the 2 hoses together. 
The price of the TITAN is actually less, but with a much more modern design, pneumatic rear wheels (not inexpensive plastic wagon wheels.) Auto de-foamer, detachable 12 gauge power cords, circuit indicator light and labeled switches that are TRULY located waist high, locking 5" casters in the front and (4), that's right,(4) powerful vacuum motors! To me it's just a "NO BRAINER" to go with the TITAN, not saying the one for 2699.00 is a peice of junk in no way shape or form! To me it was constucted in the most inexpensive manner possible yet did not come with the inexpensive price tag! (IMHO.) 
What are you talking about?

Posted By: akleenerimage
Date Posted: 10/November/2012 at 8:26pm
The mytee ltd5 is a great portable that you would be able to leave in your van the majority of the time.  I have the m5 and run 2" hose at 100" and have plenty of suction and get good dry times.  Also check out the new mytee Etm.  It looks pretty awesome and the people that I have heard using them absolutely love them

Date Posted: 28/November/2012 at 3:21am
Ahhhh!!  Grenade Launcher  Butt ShakeTounge  Hits the fan

Posted By: monstercleanRingwood
Date Posted: 29/June/2017 at 8:13am
that is the pointSmile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net