Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7052
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 5:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: rotovac360 or rx-20
Posted By: JMO
Subject: rotovac360 or rx-20
Date Posted: 02/June/2011 at 1:57am
I have a RX-20 and i think it cleans great, but wanted to know how the roto vac compairs to it? 

-------------
http://www.xtremecleanaz.com/ - carpet cleaning tucson/tucson carpet cleaning Xtreme Clean

Replies:
Posted By: 77748
Date Posted: 18/August/2011 at 9:11pm
I would pick the Rotovac i360 over the Sherman tank any day. Its lighter. Rotovac 360i cleans excellent. My only little problem is screws on handle comes loose
Hysterical

minor problem that I will just solve by installing two nuts instead of one and go balls to the wall.

Posted By: Jim Martin
Date Posted: 23/October/2011 at 9:02am
It all depends on what you are using to run the 360i....if you are running a lighter weight machine or a portable..then you will be OK...anything that has power behind it then the 360i is no more then a door stop....it will get sucked down into the carpet because there is no support on the bottom plate and then the jets will not allow the water to spray correct....it will do nothing but leave bad streaking...

I have been testing the Hoss 700 for about a week now...so far I am finding that it works better then the RX and has a few more advantages....

-------------
Jim Martin

Posted By: FrancisF
Date Posted: 24/October/2011 at 8:35pm
Isn't the rotovac only plumbed for 1.5 inch hose too. 

-------------
http://www.cleancarpetportland.com - Carpet Cleaning Portland

Date Posted: 24/October/2011 at 9:52pm
 the 360i is set up for a 2 inch hose....

-------------
Jim Martin

Posted By: 77748
Date Posted: 24/October/2011 at 11:09pm
I guess I need to try a Hoss. Although I use the 360i using my TM and
it is very impressive. Minimum effort giving me carpet restoration. White Flag Waver
No real complaints.

Posted By: Buckeye
Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 1:52am
Hey Jim

Purchase the Hoss a week ago and last weekend was the first time using it. I am currently using it with a Ninja 150 (non heated)  dual vacuum portable with 25 ft of hose - but looking into getting a internal heater installed soon. I found that it worked well for what I was doing (CGD) inside a Pharmacy (real dirty carpets). However I did find that carpets were too wet, but after bonnet drying it (add adding Brown Out) and leaving the air movers on, it came out really good.
I did take out the filter orifice in the Hoss, because many a person who have use it found it useless - should put the screen back in to solve over-wetting carpets? Anyway is there anything else I could be doing or have to make the Hoss more effiecient with the Ninja extractor - (maybe installing 2 - dual vacs to get more suction) What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

-------------
"Let us Do Your "Dirty" Work

Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 7:40am
you need to put the disk and the filter back in...the disk is going to help slow the water down and prevent over wetting..the filter will and only catches anything to help prevent the jets from getting clogged....

you need to put the .48 disk in..this would be the best one for the Ninja that you are using...

give that a try and let me know...

-------------
Jim Martin

Posted By: frankie
Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 2:22pm
I have used rotary extractors on occasion but have yet to see hardly any benefit to them. A regular 175 machine with brush  or bonnet to agitate with works fine. The drying times are better also. The cost of these rotary extractors also does not help. Then to many use them to scrub with, and then buy an extra brush to improve the cleaning?

-------------
frankie

Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 5:14pm
it is all in the set up...most will take the thing out of the box and hit the floor running with it and not get its full potential....if set up right then you can do everything a 175 and a wand can do all in one shot.....

most important thing to remember...the rotary just flushes and extracts....its the chemicals that do all the work....

-------------
Jim Martin

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Buckeye Buckeye wrote:

Hey Jim

Purchase the Hoss a week ago. I am currently using it with a Ninja 150 (non heated)  dual vacuum portable with 25 ft of hose -  Anyway is there anything else I could be doing or have to make the Hoss more effiecient with the Ninja extractor - (maybe installing 2 - dual vacs to get more suction) What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
So you would have 4 vacs when installing 2 more? No dont do that too many amps and cords. Are they 2 or 3 stage you have now?
You could replace your old vacs with these 2 stage 119956 Ametek Lambs CFM=130, Lift=148, AirWatts=653 they do run 16 amps each. Those are powerful 2 stage. And get a booster.Cool

Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 11:17pm
Thanks Jim

I'll reinstall the two and get back to you.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/November/2011 at 11:29pm
Hi John

I have the 2 stage, but I would like to install just a 3 stage now (which I feel would do good) I don't like you say want to have to many cords to plug in in addition to the internal heater i want to set up and the Hoss plug and hoses. I most likely will go with the 3 stage and definitely get the booster (I read up on that) + my dealer said that would make a good addition for my set up.

On a different note what conditioner is everyone using now I know there is preference but just wondering if one is better than the other. I am using Esteam's CBS prespray but I also have left over Esteam Suspend. What do all of you use?

Salute!

-------------

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 23/November/2011 at 1:43am
Hey Buckeye the reason i mentioned those 2 stage is because they have more vac power than most 3 stage's.... Which 3 stage are you thinking on getting?

Posted By: canoer5222
Date Posted: 24/November/2011 at 10:24am
Buckeye
      I have a porty also (Recoil XPS 3 and a 3 stage booster) . Very interested in the Hoss and your opinions with a porty.
         BUCKEYE ???  Are you located near Toledo Ohio ????  I'm just north. You could tryt my booster with your setup Thumbs Up. One more thing -------
               GO BLUE

Date Posted: 24/November/2011 at 5:15pm
Just did residential carpets today and they came out great - customer was very impressed with the outcome. Carpets were damp to the touch but were pretty much dried before I left the job - but I did put a air mover in just to make sure. The filter mess and the .48 water resister for portys that came with the Hoss did its job - I don't know why some don't like it  - I found no problem with it.
I was running 50' of hoses with a Porty with 150 psi and 2 dual stage vac @ 150" lift but I  definitely need to install a internal heater with my Porty. Looking at doing that in next couple of days.

Buckeye was the nickname given to me - I don't live near Ohio - I am way way further north!

I was thinking of getting the booster but feel my 2 dual stages are quite good enough - its about price too - I think there going for about 700 - 900 dollars.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net