Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

She said my price was too HIGH !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 7:30pm

I think he's talking about the bait and swichers. 

To them prespraying with plain water is an upsell. 

"Oh you want me to suck some of that water out?  That'll be and extra charge."

Not upholstery, tile, carpet repairs, area rugs, protectant, and the like that we consider upsells.

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 8:27pm

Advantage if those are added on after what you booked are upsells...but i hear what your saying.....

Any extra work you sell after the original booking are upsell, ad ons, extra work.......

cutpile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 8:40pm

Wow.... I really got a lot of you pretty upset...huh?....lol....that is funny!

If you are talking about upselling being additional services such as upholstery....additional rooms....scotchgard....then YES....this is good!

If you are talking about going in at $4.95 per room...charging $50 per room to add soap....charging another $20 per room to deodorize it.....AND THEN DO IT ALL WITH A PORTABLE.....I do not care which way you flip it....you are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!....if that's what you want to call them.

cutpile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 8:42pm

Also....NIGHTRIDER.....WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO OFFER YOUR REAL NAME?

If you have soooo much business expertise....why do you hide your identity?

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by cutpile cutpile wrote:

Wow.... I really got a lot of you pretty upset...huh?....lol....that is funny!

If you are talking about upselling being additional services such as upholstery....additional rooms....scotchgard....then YES....this is good!

If you are talking about going in at $4.95 per room...charging $50 per room to add soap....charging another $20 per room to deodorize it.....AND THEN DO IT ALL WITH A PORTABLE.....I do not care which way you flip it....you are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!....if that's what you want to call them.

This is not upselling... I think you have it confused with false advertisment, misrepresentation basically the misleading of the customer.

the big bait and switch

it has nothing to do with providing additonal services above the quoted price

www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 9:31pm

Everybody knows my real name on this site,

I don't hide from anyone

Nightrider

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 9:33pm
Mr.Steamer nailed it....... Smile
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 9:48pm
one question do you guys charge to pre-vacuum or give a break if the customer does it
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 10:14pm

No...It's in my quote.... And if they vac.... I still vac.... most ppl vac super fast and miss alot....

If they do vac then you look and if it's all good then you don't need to...

Same quote even if they vac........

That's just me though........

bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 10:26pm
how much on average do you charge to vacuum.  Up to now i have been just telling them to vac, and most say they are cool with that.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 10:27pm
depeds.... every job is different............
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 11:01pm
guess you didn't see the average. thats cool if you don't want to say
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 11:13pm

Must of missed it.... show me bryan...........

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2005 at 11:22pm

I know there will be those of you calling me all kinds of names but here is another gimmick I used to to.

I would always request that the customer vaccuum their carpet to the best of their abilities, going over the carpet up to 5 times if they like...........and for doing such a great job of vaccuuming I would offer them a free gift ( usually a set of steak knives, 50 % restaurant & movie passes, or table setting accessories )

When I arrived there, guess what I was holding in my hand as I walked through the door ( and it wasn't my d**k) it was an Electrolux Vaccuum Cleaner ( $ 300.00 at that time ) brand new, and showed them just what their vaccuum missed even after 5 times of cleaning, and before the demo I passed their vaccuum 2 more times on a given area of their choice. You should see their faces when they see all the crap I still picked up with the Electrolux.

BUT.......that's not what I wanted to sell them........my trick was I had a contact with an Electrolux dealer and purchased all the refurbished used ones from him at a cheap price and knowing that $ 300.00 was alot of money, I would offer them a used one for $ 150.00 and made $ 100.00.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>