Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Wow that works????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow that works????
    Posted: 02/April/2004 at 7:02am

What unconventional product or method have you used to take out spots or stains?????????I've heard of hair spray, I myself have used wd40 which works on a variety of stains.  I also have used Haitian cotton to reverse browning in carpet, and Fabric softener.

Of course these are urban legends....

How bout you?

Edited by Stanley
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 7:09am

Boy I would be mad if you wasted my hairspray on the carpet. If that works I'd be surprised, if anything it would be one stiff stain.

I have used peanut butter to get gum out once but I left one big mess and the dog was licking at that stain for days. Damm near wore out the fibers.

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 9:18am

Peanut butter is excellent on gum. Sitting milk on ink works too.White of an egg on coffee stains on cotton.

Peroxide is a wonder and no residue.

Rubbing Alcohol is a wonder and no residue.

Hairspray is great as long as it contains no oil. Usually the cheapest on the market is the best.

Edited by LilNiteRidrhood
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 10:44am

Let me make myself perfectly clear on this one. Don't I repeat Don't ever use any products professionally that they have in the home or that they can use them selfs.

Guess What!!!!!!!! They won't need you the next time.

People claim they de-brown with vinegar this makes the house smell like a fish and chip factory. No pun to you Len

Add the peanut butter and jelly, now the whole house smells like Denny's restaurant.

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 11:13am
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 3:33pm

True true.....you try to hide it the best you can.....but if you can't because it's an emergency the customer will appreciate your knowledge. 

If you need the customer out of the room...ask for a glass of water works everytime.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 5:40pm

Stanley ever since you said you used Tide I rushed out and bought stock in Proctor & Gamble. Keep shovling that stuff. I like it when you use lots.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 6:08pm

Tide????Tide????who uses Tide....not me....are you trying to ruin the industry Ted.  Tide is for clothes not for carpet.....I have a place called Al-Chem  out in brampton, that makes up my Dry Slurry knock off.  Which he did say has a lot of ingredients from regular laundry detergent.  I never said I use TIDE....

But if you think it will work I'll try it here at home on my own carpets....It's enviromentally safe, it easy on skin...it brightens.....it smells nice....I'm gonna rinse it all out with fresh water.....hell I think your onto something Ted. 

CLEANWORKS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLEANWORKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 2:13am

there is a very reputable carpet cleaning company out here that uses tide in their area rug cleaning machines.  their customers usually bring their rugs to me for correctional cleaning, ie brown fringes, color bleed, yellow streaks, brittleness etc.  USE CAREFULLY FORMULATED CARPET CLEANING DETERGENT.  IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. 

PS.  their customers become my customers and i charge more money

the thing about the word "impossible" is that it is mostly "possible"
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 2:27pm

You can tell that they don't know what they are doing....brown fringes has nothing to do with tide...either does color bleed..yellow streaks or brittleness.....These are from incorrect rug cleaning...over wetteing...hot hot hot water...long drying times...not peroxiding the fringe...has nothing to do with the use of tide.....

Most granulated soap has basically the same chemical break down as tide...tide might not work as well...because It might not contain the amount of solvent agents and optical brighteners and softeners used in Carpet detergent.

But basically its the same thing...you can clean one mat with Chem spec formula 77 and one mat with tide.....you'd never be able to tell the difference

try it at home

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 3:54pm
Stanley is not too off the target there, I actually knew a Greek man that used to soak and take a bath in tide, and wash his hair with it too. So there you go. He looked alright to me.
Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 4:25pm

Stanley

I would respefully disagree with you. While granulated soaps more than likey share some similar ingredients there are major differences betweeen most major brands.

They may share common things like sodium silicate or TSP or TSPP or NTA or NTA, the major differences are in the surfactant package that is used as well as the percentages of each. i would assume over the years you have tried different cleaning products - the ones that work better are the ones you stick with 

Jim Darling
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 4:26pm

Use professional products, YES, BUT sometimes you get in a bind and don't HAVE  the chem on the truck, then someof these are very helpful to get through the job.

WD -40 is great at removing gum!

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by PadMan PadMan wrote:

WD -40 is great at removing gum!

Very true...has gotten me outta many jams.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>