Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

It takes more than 500

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It takes more than 500
    Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:12pm
"It takes more than 500 residential customers per year to have a profitable one van business"

I just read the above statement in a magazine. Is it true or false? (your opinion)
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:19pm
Very true.....hell yes way more....10 thousand customers is what you need...LOL ...no seriously...I have over 2000 customers in my bank now....and it's DEAD!
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:22pm
False? This magical number may be the norm in a highly populated area or a company life sears stanley steamer etc who survive on high volume. I personally don't think anyone can put a number of how many jobs a year you need to be profitable there are way too many variables?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:47pm
The guys on the red board can profit from 1 job per week

The STD Meter
steamerguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:51pm
Some of you should be writng for trade magazines.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:03pm
See the problem is with one truck you might clean 1000 to 1500 houses a year...not all your customers call every single year...some call every 1 1/2 years some every 2 years...some might wait as long as 3 years...

some move...some get new carpets...some rip some of the carpets out.

for one truck 500 customers is really nothing no matter what you charge

1 truck is suppose to make you at least 150,000 a year..that would be everycustomer you have at an average of $300 per call....NO WAY IN HELL would that ever happen.

All these high priced cleaners do well when they clean, but they suffer when there are no calls...

customers that are willing to pay 50 to 100 per area are few and far between.

The more reasonable your pricing is the better client base you will build.   Customers that might not like to pay alot but that will clean 2 or 3 times a year.

Thats how they work it in big companies...I've been working with them since 1991.

Volume cleaning will make more money that niche cleaning anyday.

you're looking for a mix of customers from every walk of life...

the more customers you have the deeper your pockets will go during the slow season
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by steamerguy steamerguy wrote:

Some of you should be writng for trade magazines.

Is there written articles in those magazines? I thought it was all advertising.

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:20pm
Steamer ONE TRUCK 1000 to 1500 houses a year?? One truck is supose to make $150,000. per year?? I guess you really do charge $2.99 per room??
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:57pm
doug who can take your seriously....your just a focker with foolishness coming out of every pore..

you just like insulting me.....you are a sorry little gay man with a whole lot of certs.

theses are facts that I have lived for years and yes my one truck grosses 150 thou every year and I have always cleaned 1500 houses a year for sears.

the most I can say is screw you! you're being and ass hole

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 27/March/2007 at 3:57pm
www.mr-steamer.com
steamerguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:19pm
OWNED BY STEAMER

sweeeet!

Edited by steamerguy - 27/March/2007 at 3:20pm
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:21pm
Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Steamer? lol

Edited by Ken Harris - 27/March/2007 at 3:21pm
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:22pm
Well Blow Bag you do the math 1500 homes for SEARS and you grossed $150,00.00 a year? That's really something to brag about? I stand corrected $1.00 per room?? You must be the pride of the GTA clean for nothing club?? Everybody should race to become a sub that apparently to you is where the money is?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:06pm
150 thousand is nothing to sneeze at....you can pretend to make more...but we are talking carpet here not selling ass. Doug you should take a break from posting until your willing to take the issues seriouly.

you can charge what you want up in the bush where you live... they don't have much choice....it's either use you at .40 per sq ft or take a risk of never having it clean.

you have a good thing going...thats why you notice outsiders always trying to break into your market for WAY cheaper than what you are providing your service for.

people love money...and even your best customers will try someone cheaper if someone cheaper comes along.

The day you have some competition that will come and live right in goderich and workout of the same area you do and can provide the same if not better service than you do for cheaper IT WILL KNOCK YOU OFF YOUR PHUCKIN HIGH HORSE.

and them is the facts.

twist it anyway you want to now doug I have spoken my peace
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:31pm
Poor steamer the only cleaner in the free world with competition?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>