Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Yellow Pages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2008 at 8:40pm
There is only room for one Steamer in Ontario
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2008 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by splash_$$$_dash splash_$$$_dash wrote:

I think the sales rep will have his family members call you at the end of every month Pimpin

The sites that promise you traffic or have you pay per click, they do that.  Had a yellow page rep call me about a flier she got.  Wants to make sure they are getting the best coverage for me. 

As Joe Polish pointed out, send somebody to your YP ad and you just sent them to your competition as well.  I go with single line, not even bold.  Listed under Ripoff Artists.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2008 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

They do it for the first year only....  6 calls, they say some people don't get any calls.  They give you a list of everyone that called your number once a month. If you don't get the calls they will refund your money at the end of the year. 

I put my prices on the ad to stop the shopper from calling me... do you think it will work?

With Comcast Digital Voice (yes, they do business phone too) I can see the complete accounting of calls received, missed, placed and voicemail stored on their drives.  How can the YP prove that the calls were as a result of ad and not from your own efforts, referrals, etc?
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 10:08am
I am canceling my yellow pages ads on Tuesday.
Now for Peel book only it may be another story for you Steamer. However we have found that the calls just aren't coming in anymore.
Lee
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 10:19am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

They do it for the first year only....  6 calls, they say some people don't get any calls.  They give you a list of everyone that called your number once a month. If you don't get the calls they will refund your money at the end of the year. 

I put my prices on the ad to stop the shopper from calling me... do you think it will work?

With Comcast Digital Voice (yes, they do business phone too) I can see the complete accounting of calls received, missed, placed and voicemail stored on their drives.  How can the YP prove that the calls were as a result of ad and not from your own efforts, referrals, etc?
They give you a phone number for the Ad.. one that they track and if forwarded to your business line
www.mr-steamer.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 1:14pm
Agreed with cmaster & doug.. Don't insert your prices Mr.Steamer.. Without prices in your ad entices prospects to call you.. Then it's up to you to close the sale.. Big%20smile
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 2:11pm
Lee no one want an expert in their house?
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 2:24pm
I use a one liner every year/$20mo.. Sometimes ppl lose your card/number.. Sheet happens..Ahhhh!!
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 2:27pm
"They give you a phone number for the Ad.. one that they track and if forwarded to your business line"

I hate to seem negative, but in the case of individuals, knowing there is no DNC on business listings, working the yellow pages with their pitch targetting all cleaning companies.  Do they count as 1 of 6?  Customers who lost your number and use the yellow pages to find it and call you about a repeat, do they count as 1 of 6?

In one case, you don't know the person and stand to make no income from them.  It would be like getting spammed.  In the second case you already paid for that account with your other marketing efforts, they are in your inner circle.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 3:10pm
I am considering an exit from the yps
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 3:11pm
I took out the colour this year and it saved me $250. per month.
Just My opinion
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 3:35pm
Do you notice a difference in the overall effectiveness of the YP ad now, Doug?  Or too early to tell?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 4:11pm
No difference. Still get price shoppers. But I am in a small area and there is not as many cc to advertise as in the city
Just My opinion
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2008 at 4:57pm
54 Carpet cleaners in Lane County, Oregon
327,000 Residents with an average age of 38
81,000 owner occupied and 49,000 rentals which includes over 20,000 college students
Median Household income is only $37,000 however target market of ages 35-54 is $47,000
We have room for growth if we can get people to think that you don't get your carpets cleaned just twice - when the daughter is born and when she gets married
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>