Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - High Power Portable VS Truckmount Operating costs.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

High Power Portable VS Truckmount Operating costs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 2:45am
Originally posted by bryan bryan wrote:

Ken if gas is around $12 a gallon food is also going to be very high which is bad for all cleaners.  The average person will not have the luxury of cleaning there carpet and RugDoctors sales will go though the roof.  My truck would cost me $528, and its diesel so probably more to fill up ouch.  Going to have to make bio-diesel for .74 cents a gallon, and get a diesel van and TM.  

Nope. Smart carpet cleaners will be switching to air powered vans that will be for sale in the USA next year. Run your van for hundreds of miles on $2 worth of air.Combine that with no fuel expenses of electric operation and you have a very low cost operation that lets you stay in cleaning when most of your competitors go out of business.

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 2:49am
Usually rationing is limited to customer and not business.  Most business for example that use water don't have the restrictions that home owners have when in a drought seasons.  
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 2:53am
Air powered car's? Where did you find that? I would be afraid of someone hitting me in that, I guess when you pick the color of you car you are also picking the color of you coffin.  I will pay for the gas and be in a safer car(life is worth more then money).  That looks like it is made out of plastic, if that is even a real car.
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:00am
Kenny's understanding of the air car is wrong. It probably won't be released in the US or Europe for a while. Nonetheless, I think they can make it just as safe as any other car.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:03am
Those Vans are not plastic, but steel. They are operating in Europe now, and are safer than current American made vehicles Bryan.

As for rationing, it will apply to business as well as non-business. In the Depression that is coming, America's dollar is worthless outside of North America, because the country is bankrupt. The Arabs will not sell America oil.Supply falls down to what USA can produce(5 mb/d and Canada will sell to the USA(3 mb/d). That is 8 mb/d in total compared to the 20 mb/d used now. So with 60% of the supply gone, price goes up to $12/gallon and EVERYBODY gets rationed. Most people will not be able to buy $12 gas anyways cause they are unemployed on food stamps, so it is not as hard to do as it seems. That is the future that will be here by next year.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:09am
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

Kenny's understanding of the air car is wrong. It probably won't be released in the US or Europe for a while. Nonetheless, I think they can make it just as safe as any other car.

Wrong. Those vehicles are being driven daily in france right now. I have family over therethat will be buying these vehicles later this year.They are not in the UK yet, but will be sold there to in the fall this year.
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:15am
We will drill Alaska before that Ken. The environmentalist will be over run thats all I have to say.  I would also bet that that van is not safer then most American cars.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

Wrong. Those vehicles are being driven daily in france right now. I have family over therethat will be buying these vehicles later this year.They are not in the UK yet, but will be sold there to in the fall this year.

If you have family that are telling you that the cars are presently being sold in France right now, then that is a good indication that your present mental problems are hereditary.  The only thing going on in France with the air car is its development by MDI. They are one of the companies developing the car, but they will not produce it.

Other companies are also working on making air cars, but none are selling them in France or anywhere else. Later this year? Sure.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 17/March/2008 at 3:21am
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

They are operating in Europe now, and are safer than current American made vehicles Bryan.

They are not being sold. They are not safer.............yet.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:25am

We will drill Alaska before that Ken. The environmentalist will be over run thats all I have to say.  I would also bet that that van is not safer then most American cars.

Does not matter if it is or if it isn't Bryan. Only that it meets current safety standards. Thats why it will not be sold in America till next year, while Europe gets it this year.

On the Alaska thing, guess you dont understand how the oil industry works. Even if a large new oil discovery could be found TODAY, it takes a minimum of 8 YEARS before oil can be produced for sale. And the Depresion starts this year, not in 8 years. I am not tying to discourage you by pointing this out, just pointing out the realities of the situation we are facing. It is no picnic. The Depression we are going into now will last a minimum of 12 years or longer. We do not come out of it until the transition to a solar powered econony has been made sometime after then. In that time, the 3rd World war will be foaght and whatever is left in terms of resources goes much further.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:36am
Saftey standards do not apply to vehicles with 3 wheels in the US. That's what I want.  http://3greenwheels.blogspot.com/
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:37am
One the depression will probably last about 18 months, second it does not take 8 years before oil can be refined. Would like to see documentation where you found this.  This US has plenty of oil we just wont drill.  Millions of gallons are pulled from the gulf of Mexico, we should be looking at California and Florida.  We are to worried about saving animals then ourselves.  We have great technology to find the oil this is the hard part not drilling for it.  Check out this post Ken http://west.stanford.edu/exploringthewest/pdf/OilExtraction.pdf it is very simple.  People will also work faster for it if the demand is high enough.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 8:58am

One the depression will probably last about 18 months, second it does not take 8 years before oil can be refined. Would like to see documentation where you found this.  This US has plenty of oil we just wont drill.  Millions of gallons are pulled from the gulf of Mexico, we should be looking at California and Florida.  We are to worried about saving animals then ourselves.  We have great technology to find the oil this is the hard part not drilling for it.  Check out this post Ken http://west.stanford.edu/exploringthewest/pdf/OilExtraction.pdf it is very simple.  People will also work faster for it if the demand is high enough.

Yeah, that is what THEY want you to believe. i know better.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 12:36pm

Ken you are still going to have gas getting to the job so your main extra gas that you are burning is at the customers house.  Using your numbers you use about 2 gallons an hour.  My average job is 1.5 hours at $4 a gallon I'm looking at $12 in gas to do that job.  Where with a porty would take me two more more hours to do.  Follow me here if I work 8 hours of cleaning time I would be looking at 4 jobs with a porty, or 5.3 jobs with a TM (8/1.5=5.33) .  So lets round down to five and give me a longer lunch.  Lets say you average job is around $150. 
Total income with a portable is 4x150=600, and a TM 5x150=750.  Now I have to take the cost of gas out we said $12 a job 12x5=60.  So now take 750-60=690 a profit of 90 per day at 20 days a month $1800 at the end of the month.  We now have to look at chemicals you will need to use more chemicals to get the same or close results with a portable, do to the extra heat and power of a TM.  The $12 a job is more like $10 a job, you don't think you can roll this price on to you customers.   I don't know about other cleaners but I know I can sell my TM more then a portable.  Where I live about 25% of the time a customer won't let you in if they see they are getting a portable. Factor this in and the TM is looking a lot better.  Thats another thing I didn't mention with the average job price.  I was saying you will get the same money with a portable  as a TM, slim chance where I live, so the cost of $10 a job is non existent.  For you information you can get an electric TM that uses 2 20 amp circuits that has a lot more power then any portable(Bane-Clene) they cost around 10K.

Great point bryan and so true.. Something Ken didnt take into consideration..
And if your TM sips like 3/4 to 1gal then the money looks even better..OH YEAH!
Approve 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>