Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC what have they done for you??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:59pm

I have so many cards...who wants one....every year you get a new one...

You wanna be certified...I can sell you one...39.95...much less than what it cost to take the course

Sponsored Links

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:13pm

I have yet to be certified, now that is NOT to say I haven't taken any classes, I have, but to pay for certification and then to continue to pay for a certificate is kind of like saying, forgot what he learned so if you pay yearly, then you remember better..

I am all for the IICRC for those who reap from it, and respect the many that put a lot of time and effort into it, but it is NOT for everyone.

Now, my daughter, Briana 22 runs my cleaning truck by herself and I will get her certified, it is a different era and it might be of importance to her.

Fire away!

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:30pm

I saw a picure of your daughter........she is a very pretty girl.........she's certified.....trust me....when she comes a knocking.......the door will be opened to her......save your money......buy her a nice dress and take your family out for a good meal.

NIGHTRIDER

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

What province to you live in that to do commercail you must be certified

B.C.

I do the cleaning for B.C. buildings corp.

Also had to become a certified Ultrachem user.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 7:17am

Padman we are constantly telling our children that you can't get any were today without education. Why stop at this industry. Tell her to take some IICRC courses and let her form her own option about what see thinks see got from them. The education she learns will open doors for her. The young women today are very smart, and I'm sure you are proud of her.   Other than education, work ethic is also the most important aspect to one's career.

If Briana has both, she will succeed on her own and it will be then that she can take the dress she wrapped around Jock's neck off and take her family out to dinner knowing that she and only she provided this for them.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:43am

Shes works with Padman....he's already told her the do's and don't....

Adwa so the IICRC sents out your checks weekly or by-weekly???

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:54am
Let's get this straight Mr. Steamer. I do not work for the IICRC. There is nothing wrong with believing in bettering yourself and that can be done through education!
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 10:16am

Adwa, my daughter HAS taken some classes, the problem is this, the instructors are so HWE biased that she learned little from the class. IN the video the instructor showed there was a short segment on our machine, The instructor just pointed to the screen and said, "well we don't have time for that one" and went on, BIG MISTAKE, after 45 minutes my daughter was done with him..LOL

So limited info is given and helpful for our method, you know, this sounds funny but HWE guys HAVE to be smarter, we don't have the need for near the chems or education you do just to do an equal or better job. This is not a slam, it is just the physics of the method and machine movement. So much of what HWE's learn is how to get their chems to clean, whereas with OP, the agitation makes most ANY CHEMICAL do a great job.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:10pm
you tell em adwa stand up and be heard. and padman your right iicrc instructors are hwe biased. they don't believe in our process at all, and that i don't like. they even voice their opinions during the course.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:20pm

Adwa you won't get it taking some dumb course.....grab a OP machine...Grab a wand...get out there and work...it's the only way your truly going to get educated..

IICRC courses give you the  back ground information...the, why this happens, and the why that happens, it shows you the chemistry behind the cleaning....this is info you could easy find for yourself  right here on the net...right here in this forum....if your going to clean an olefin carpet...just punch it in to your search screen...the factorys always give you the do's and don't right here on the web...

IICRC is nothing special...information is everywhere if you want to look for it...you made it here didn't you

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:30pm

Education and carpet cleaning...........Education and window washing................Education and car washing..........Education and garbage-man.......Education and floor sweeper......I can go on and on........Funny thing is, all the above mentioned jobs , we were told that we can all do if we had NO EDUCATION......What a bunch of MORONS

Jack         NIGHTRIDER  No comment, I'm too pissed

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:45pm
some people can't read the sign that says TOILET, it doesn't mean they can't use one....
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 9:55pm
Lee:  I commend you on your vigorus defence of thr IICRC.  When I first became part of IICRC it was the IICUC but with all the diversifiaation into the restoration and inspection fields the name was changed.  I stiill rember Jeff Bishop as a ISCT convention is Ohio calling it IICRC everyone in the crowd thought he forgot his speach. This was a long time ago in a galaxay far far away.  I can even remember the time when some thought the OPCCA certifiacation was better than the IICUC certification.  In that time I attended most of my seminars in the US and still do.  One of the greatest feelings leaving a seminar in the fact that even if you didn't learn anything new, but just realized that you are doing what you do right was enought for me.   Some say on the job training is all you need and experience I am sorry but I have to disagree.  I know people who know no more now than they did 15 years ago.  Guess what?  They don't need to attend seminars how stupid can someone be?  Because if they did it it has to be right.  Sort of a Wayne's world approch.  After reading some of the posts I had to get my 2 cents worth in and they maybe all it is worth.  But a phobia for knowledge cannot be a good thing.  These opinions are the writers and I hope I have not offended anyone.  I may be a little one sided as I am a IICRC Regional Supervisor along with a few other things certifications I mean. 
MAGIC-STEAM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGIC-STEAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 10:14pm
dAMM......YOU WRITE ALOT TO SAY NOTHING.....IS THAT IT.......DIDN'T LEARN A DAMM THING
IT'S A DIRTY WORLD AND WE CLEAN IT UP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>