Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC what have they done for you??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IICRC what have they done for you??
    Posted: 12/March/2004 at 11:35am

A very sore topic has been brought up....IICRC

I think its just a money scam....and they could do thing alot better and cheaper...once they do the course(which you pay for) and you do the test(which you pay for againg) why do you need to pay dues every year???

All you good carpet cleaners can't agree with this??I know that I don't...

someone said in another post ...that this has been around for 20 years....

20 years of just ripping people off with these damn dues...

Yes it teaches you the chemistry behind the scenes....but after you learn that and you pass the test...only other thing you'll get from them is a bill for your dues

Steamin Mr. Steamer Carpet Cleaner

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2004 at 11:35pm

ooooooo no one will touch this topic.....might get your membership card pulled

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2004 at 11:47pm

It has given me a place to work with others to work towards a common good.

I am on the IICRC HST subcommittee and am working on the creation of a Canadian equivalent. I love it.

I also have set up some IICRC classes and CEC classes and get to meet other instructors and a lot of other cleaners who are craving education.

It gives me a vehicule to explore new routes within the industry.

It has to pay the bills somehow, so I pay a minute fraction of the sales towards keeping it alive.

Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 10:15am

I don't know why you would call the IICRC's serivce a scam.  If being IICRC certified adds a little credibility to your business, and you are willing to pay for that, then go for it.  During the past three years, no commercial or residential customer hase ever asked if I was IICRC certified, so I am not going to bother.  I do not feel that what the IICRC offers is a scam.  If the IICRC is a scam, then we had better address the AICPA (accountants), and whatever state bar organization certifies lawyers.  These are private organizations.  I paid $265 just to take the GMAT.  It is a computer based exam.  Why does it cost $265?  Because the organization that administers the exam has a monopoly.  That is why.  Who competes with the IICRC?  Why do you want certification?

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 4:57pm

Wake up people...what have you all been brain washed...being certified or not doesn't make you a good cleaner....you can take the classses and not take the test....The classes are good, but the only really give you the theory, not enough hands on ....

I'll pay for a class if I want to learn more....but I feel the dues are bogus

Does it make me any less a cleaner if I don't have the certification card??

NOPE!!!!!!!!

But in the eyes of some it does...My helper turned cleaner been working with me for 3 years...he knows everything I know....he asked me if he should go get certified...I said no waste of money....

I really don't know what kind of carpet and furniture you guys are cleaning, but the average carpet is nylon...I would say 9 out of 10.....

I do at least 6 houses a day 313 days a week....

Experience is the key...I think this year I wont renew with IICRC

BTW no customer had EVER asked me if I am a carrying IICRC member NEVER EVER!

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 5:58pm
30 years, never been asked, BUT the education to a new carpet cleaner is VERY worthwhile, to an aging old fart like me, it is not.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 6:03pm

I sayin what are you getting for your dues????

what are you dues doing for you?????

kanoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 6:08pm
Nope.....no need in being certified....and its not even necessary to take the courses as long as you have a knowledgeable teacher. The classes are a great thing for anyone who needs to learn the business....however I have mixed emotions about the need to be certified. Cleaners are never asked if they are IICRC certified, so it doesnt help them get any business, so basically its a waste of money for the cleaner. So go take the classes by all means.....and take the tests for yourself....not in the hopes that it makes you a better, more successful cleaner.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 6:12pm
I'm glad to see some poeple aren't on the IICRC payroll....I love to see the truth being spoken
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 2:51pm

Hold on there one dog darn minute, Mr. Steamer. I can't believe you are actually asking that question on this forum. How dare you. What has the IICRC done for me, you ask, well son, I'll tell you, Wait.......ya ya.....hold on there......o.k  o.k ........hold on I'm thinking.....ummmmmmm..........ummmmmmmm............I'll get back to you on that, I got it they helped me to.......nah that's not it......I got that info from Home Depot.........well I'll get back to you on this one.

Jack      N-I-G-H-T-R-I-D-E-R

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 5:01pm

You guys are full of it.

And by seeing your responses to some of the questions and posts here, some desperately need more education.

PadmanI know you, Nightrider is obviously in desperate need to make himself feel important and Mr Steamer, is stuck in the Toronto rut.

Mr. Steamer is right, for the marketplace he is in. Montreal isn't the same and neither is Kentucky.

I will forever defend the IICRC. However, all of us who do a ton of volunteer work still have a saying about the top decision makers, "just follow the money"

Its just like the government.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 5:07pm

LeeS is the IICRC man....pay the dues no one agrees with you...wake up your just carpet cleaner......thats all the customers see you as

JUST A CARPET CLEANER....no one cares about IICRC...IICRC doesn't care about anyone....it will die

and all those who are on the take will be no more.......I come from a family of carpet cleaners no one pay their dues anymore......

Listen it's just carpet and we are just carpet cleaners.....

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 6:58pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I am NOT  just a carpet cleaner. I am an IICRC certified cleaning technician,and proud of it.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 7:40pm

Hey there, General Lee. What the heck does Montreal have to do with Kentucky. Another fact is that I'm in no desperate need to make myself feel important 'cause I am important so are you, we all are.It's our opinions, thoughts, and intellegence that become a threat to others. What are you afraid of General Lee, what dark secrets lurk in the shadows of your mind........are you afraid of me, you say you will always defend IICRC, Tell me are you prepared to give 50% of your annual salary to them......how about 40%.....30%......20%.......10% would you be willing to give up 2 Saturdays a month to do volunteer work for them.......if you answered YES to any of the above........I have a bridge here in Montreal  that I would love to sell. I wouldn't even defend Canada if we ever had a war.......why.........'cause they take 52% of my freaking paycheck every week then force me to pay another 7% gst and another 8% provincial tax on all my purchases in order to live......what do I get for my hard labour and 18 hour days........... 33 cents on the dollar, and I don't want a Canadian Newsletter, neither do I want a IICRC Newsletter. If the IICRC need money let them ask the X-Finance minister and now Prime Minister Paul Martin.....he likes to give away a hundred million dollars of my money.

And to you Greg, you're a carpet cleaner, a carpet cleaner Greg, yes I know it's degrading, but carpet cleaner it is.......and to all the garbage men out there.......you are not a sanitary engineer.Sorry Guys Greg you can call yourself an indoor quality air consultant if you like, and run around with an aerosol can of air freshener. Who Cares......Go to the bank and ask for a loan, after you tell him that you are an IICRC certified cleaning technician.....and he says.......well, what exactly do you do....ha ha ha ha ha .........YOU HAVE TO SAY.....HA HA HA HA HA ............ I'M A CARPET CLEANER.....SIR (CAN I HAVE THE LOAN....PLEASE )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>