Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What do customers want???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do customers want???
    Posted: 01/April/2004 at 11:46pm

I always ask myself this question...what do the customers want in a cleaner.....cheap???free???or just a good Job??? 

What do you do to keep the customers that you have happy???

Does it come down to actual cleaning or does it come down to professionalism and customer service.

For me it's professionalism and customer service.....

How many times have you been cleaning something that doesn't come up as good as you'd like it too? you've tried everything and nothing seems to work.....when the cleaning has failed you....

Hell I start selling stains....most customers really only want a enjoyable experience..

right or wrong??

Edited by Stanley
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 10:21am

Experiential marketing is the way you get the higher priced clients.

Most surveys done indicate the average customer wants these five things most when buying something:

1) To  be able to trust the company

2) choice or selection of products

3) guarantee

4) experience and/or knowledgeable

5) price

It is very rare for price to come in number 1 in any studies.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 10:33am
Priceing never came into the picture till the larger bait and switch companies mentioning no names pushed room pricing with misleading  small print regarding all the extras.  We use strait sq. ft. pricing my thing is you can pay me know or pay me later.  Be up front with the customer don't treat them they know nothing.  Most consumers are becoming quite educated in cleaning. Justify justify give them a reason to consider you over the competion.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 3:24pm

So what you're say Doug is to do an in-home estimate first...I've always been a big fan of the in-home estimate.  Over the phone quote thats kind of hard , thats why they do room pricing....some you Gian some you loose.

Question.. when you price by the sq ft...is that the sq ft of the room. or just the sq feet being cleaned...ie around the beds???

People & Standards You Can Trust
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Stanley Stanley wrote:

So what you're say Doug is to do an in-home estimate first...I've always been a big fan of the in-home estimate.  Over the phone quote thats kind of hard , thats why they do room pricing....some you Gian some you loose.

Question.. when you price by the sq ft...is that the sq ft of the room. or just the sq feet being cleaned...ie around the beds???

I have 2 prices r & r furniture and traffic areas ie .30 sq ft to r& r furniture

2 .25 for traffic area but I measure the whole room.  why?  Because it is not empty and it take time to go around furniture and you have to be extra careful.. sometimes it is faster to R & R the furniture.  I amu using these prices as examples. If the room is 12 X 20 and you cleaned the traffic area around the bed and other furniture and it came to 80 sq ft. that would be $20.00 or $60.00 which is better. Or $72 to move the furniture.  We do not move beds and dressers must have the drawers out.  educate your potential client. the results will pay what ever you do before is a asset. what happens after is a liability. 

Post Reply Post Reply