Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

one method for all carpet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one method for all carpet?
    Posted: 30/April/2005 at 8:03pm

i know a lot of cc who use only one method for all their jobs.

anybody here do this??? use one method for lets say 95% of your work?

by one method I mean same chemicals all the time.

Sponsored Links

Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 8:34pm

Not me. I mix custom for each job, depending on the fiber, construction level of soiling and type of soiling. I also take into consideration the ocupant, if any.

Take care,

Lisa

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 8:50pm
Same basic chemicals, custom mix.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 9:06pm

hOW DO YOU CUSTOM MIX CHEMICALS........DO YOU HAVE A LAB IN YOUR TRUCK.........ARE YOU A CHEMIST.........OR IS IT CUSTOM DILUTION THAT YOU DO.......WHERE DID ALL THIS CLEANING OF CARPET BECOME ROCKET SCIENCE..........

NIGHTRIDER

Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 9:19pm

we carry 40-50 different products and individual chems, and we know how to mix and use them. There is no ONE product that will do it all well, even if you change your dillution ratios from job to job.

I learned carpet cleaning chemistry from none other than the late, great Brian Tilton. Shawn Forsythe, Doug Heiferman, personal experience and countless others have also enriched my knowledge of chemistry as it applies to CCing.

Take care,

Lisa

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

hOW DO YOU CUSTOM MIX CHEMICALS........DO YOU HAVE A LAB IN YOUR TRUCK.........ARE YOU A CHEMIST.........OR IS IT CUSTOM DILUTION THAT YOU DO.......WHERE DID ALL THIS CLEANING OF CARPET BECOME ROCKET SCIENCE..........

NIGHTRIDER

I pull a trailer with a full lab inside, just so I can get the right mix every time.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 9:47pm

Lisa........I won't even go to where your head is at right now.............I'll just say to you...........Good Stuff......Hope you didn't pay for what you learned

Nightrider

Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 10:00pm

Nightrider I cleaned for 16 years before I took my first class. I know A LOT about CC chemistry, but I always manage to learn a little more every day. as Greenie has always said "I'm still just a Greenhorn, always learning" i didn't have to pay those people for their help and knowledge, they are my friendsand all you have to do is ask and then be willing to shut your mouth and listen and you would be surprised how much good info is out there.

Take care,

lisa

dontlikedennis View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 10:17pm
if jack knew 1/2 as much as he thinks he knows he would be a smart guy.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 11:05pm
I think Jack is pretty smart. Just has some twisted views. Then again, most of us have twisted views about one thing or another.
dontlikedennis View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 11:55pm
most cc have fried brain cells from the mist and fumes...better off to hire some university kids to do the cleaning.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:05am
You shouldn't worry so much, all you guys are self embalmed now and it will be a long time before you expire.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:10am

Originally posted by dontlikedennis dontlikedennis wrote:

most cc have fried brain cells from the mist and fumes...better off to hire some university kids to do the cleaning.

Most university kids have less brain cells than us to begin with. After cc'ing for a while they would have none left

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 3:03am

Dontlikedennis......................if you knew half of what I forgot...........you would not be cleaning carpets to scrape by trying to make a living.............you would be like me posting intellegent posts challenging all who think that they have a trickle of knowledge in anything. Just your choice of name proves you have no direction in life and a narrow minded individual. By the way Lisa this CC Chemistry you talk about.........what is it........I'm sure Jim Darling from Chemspec would love to hear this one

Nightrider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>