Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Best Media??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2009 at 2:43pm
How about giving away calendars that have reminder dates of when next to clean?

Add reminder postcards to that and they have heard from you two times that month.  The newsletter is #3.  The phone call reminding them by offering a discount is #4.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

And I use simple flyers to attract attention.  These go on door jams.  Here is the first one for next year.  The are printed 3 to a page to save money and not waste it.

Boy, am I late to this party.

Some advice on this little door jammer. I believe your offer would seem more attractive as if it were a deal. Right now it looks like regular price. Regular price is not very exciting.
$59 Two Rooms--Any Size (normally $79)

If may suggest a deadline to stop them from putting it in that drawer in their kitchen. You know the drawer that aliens will discover 3000 years from now in an archaeological dig filled with coupons. Putting a call to action with it may help too-

Offer expires 3/3/2009- Call Now!

It may not seem like it but making any of the wording into a weird font can decrease readership by 700%. Some of the font you use is a little over the top and distracting from the offer/service. The more jumbled the faster the trip to the trash.

There is no such thing as wasting money on advertising. There is wrong media, wrong target market or wrong message.This type of ad will fail and it has nothing to do with the cost of the device (flier in this case), it really does not say anything.

I really believe when you fall exclusively on price (which is done here that is why it is at the top), it will choke the ad to death. Right now the only thing that would improve this ad is lowering the price... who wants to do that?

Why does the carpets stay clean? You may know, everyone on this forum may know, but they don't know.

If we can find ways to tell the potential customers why, they might get convinced.

As far as $59, maybe everyone charges that. Maybe you are more. The homeowner does not know, don't assume they have been keeping notes on carpet cleaning (other than in the mummified drawer). Let them know it is a deal.

Anyway, hopefully I do not get flamed being my first post. I really do want to see people succeed with their ads.

Paul

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2009 at 8:58pm
So Paul McQuillan of Harris Minnesota, how do you market YOUR carpet cleaning service?  I take it you do more than try to sell some ebook?  Your website, onslaughtmarketing.com, seems a bit overkill on words and looks like typical sites used by spammers worldwide making one wonder since you just started your site on January 22nd of this year ( one month and 6 days ago) - how is the fishing for victims in our industry going?

Hope you don't mind me pointing out that your $57 offer of a pdf file and saying how you don't want to be flamed for coming on as an outsider leaves you wide open to attacks from those tired of spammers trying to push something they have no qualifications to do.  Tell us what has worked for you in your CARPET CLEANING business or talk to some of the SEO spammers here and see if they can help you promote your alternative to finding a real job.

Why what we do works is not something you would understand, Paul.  You see we come from a position of experience.  Tell you what, be a sole proprietor in our business for a few years, apply your ideas and then come back to share your experiences.   Later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Edited by duckcountry - 28/February/2009 at 8:59pm
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 6:33am
As you can see you went through effort to investigate me. I did not try to sell a thing.

I not only have a business in marketing (the ebook is a small part of that business) I also own a window cleaning company (for almost a decade).

Because our industries are very similar I like to get involved with relative businesses. I am certainly not spying nor any other deceptive behavior.

We live in a negative society so I understand your skepticism.

One thing I have been working on is bringing relative services together. Not so much on a forum but on a local level. When I first started my business I was fortunate to be contacted by a house cleaning franchise (Merry Maids) because they wanted to add window cleaning to their services.

We worked out a deal and I was basically subbed out. I wore my shirt, drove my vehicle, I was basically servicing these customers as if they called off a flier. I wont get into the structure of the deal, but I was so busy from their clients I could not advertise. We were both making a lot money from resources we did not have.

If we figure out ways to leverage each other (more so in this economy) we will be strong in a country of dying business.

I initially came on this forum to get a feel for carpet cleaners. The problem was you had a marketing section and I am a little bit of a marketing lunatic.

I am not here to sell anything. If you all do not want advice from a guy that is in a relative business that has great success at marketing, I will leave.

Marketing is relative. I sell my window cleaning service exactly the way you do, to exactly the same people. If I can create a postcard for a window cleaning company that generates over $100,000 in sales, I would hope my advice would be of use.

Breakthroughs are usually made by looking somewhere else for inspiration and applying it where nobody else does. No need to recreate the wheel.

I will NEVER try to sell anyone anything here. I will only give my advice on marketing, and it is needed here.

I totally understand if members do not want me here, but why not have a different perspective? It's up to you guys.

Paul

p.s. I have switched my website in my profile to my blog. I do not sell on my blog it is only free advice and ideas on marketing, and sometimes life.
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 6:38am
I forgot to mention how I sell my cleaning service. Fliers have by far the best response and the lowest cost.

I would take a full sized flier over a postcard any day
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 1:54pm
duckcountry.. let us know how your flyer does.. Approve

Onslaught.. Don't leave.. I would like to see that flyer of yours if you could post it here please.. Others probably would like to see it too..Big%20smile

Your profile said Minneapolis.. But your Window cleaning is in Madison WI..? I think i saw your vehicles running around from time to time..

Big%20smile Smile Tongue Wink Cry Big%20smile LOL Dead Embarrassed Confused Clap Angry Ouch Star Shocked Sleepy Unhappy Approve Cool
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 3:24pm
So now we know what has worked for you in window cleaning.  That is good to know if we ever decide as carpet cleaners to include window cleaning as a few here do we will seek you out on window cleaning or janitorial service boards and pick your brain.  What works for us does well.  Each of would not be here today if what we do did not work.  We have very successful carpet and upholstery care companies represented here so you could do well to learn from us should you go into a the carpet cleaning business as a trained professional.

We won't debate the difference in our styles as the only thing our two businesses have in common is the word CLEANING.  But I am sure the window cleaning board members would value your input.  I guess you just need to find those with Google. 

This board does not cater to the layman or any outside trades you will find.

Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 8:22am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

duckcountry.. let us know how your flyer does.. Approve

Onslaught.. Don't leave.. I would like to see that flyer of yours if you could post it here please.. Others probably would like to see it too..Big%20smile

Your profile said Minneapolis.. But your Window cleaning is in Madison WI..? I think i saw your vehicles running around from time to time..

Big%20smile Smile Tongue Wink Cry Big%20smile LOL Dead Embarrassed Confused Clap Angry Ouch Star Shocked Sleepy Unhappy Approve Cool

Nope, I do nothing in cheese country. Just around Minneapolis
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 8:23am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

So now we know what has worked for you in window cleaning.  That is good to know if we ever decide as carpet cleaners to include window cleaning as a few here do we will seek you out on window cleaning or janitorial service boards and pick your brain.  What works for us does well.  Each of would not be here today if what we do did not work.  We have very successful carpet and upholstery care companies represented here so you could do well to learn from us should you go into a the carpet cleaning business as a trained professional.

We won't debate the difference in our styles as the only thing our two businesses have in common is the word CLEANING.  But I am sure the window cleaning board members would value your input.  I guess you just need to find those with Google. 

This board does not cater to the layman or any outside trades you will find.

That my friend is absolutely ridiculous. What do you think you are doing that those in window cleaning are not? Please be specific so I can shoot everyone of them down in detail.

Marketing is ALL relative

You must be under the impression I am some window cleaning marketer. I help all sorts of small businesses present themselves in a better way.

As for this community being unaccepting to those outside of their field, why would that be? Do we not all get up every day and work on our businesses the same way? Sure you use different cleaning tools, but there is NO difference in how we get work.

We find a problem, agitate the problem and offer a solution.

I see you feel threatened by me, don't. If I can give anyone on here a fresh perspective to maybe help them see things in a different light, is that bad? By you acting like carpet cleaning is unlike anything else is poisonous to these people on here and could potentially rob them of new ideas to stimulate more sales.

I'll keep posting on here until I hear from more than you. I will NEVER try to sell anyone anything but free advice on new possibilities.

Don't fear change

Edited by Onslaught - 03/March/2009 at 8:37am
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 9:53am
Whoops, sorry John. I can show you examples of a postcard that made well over $100k in sales on one mailing. I will also show one that is about to mail.

These are 11x7 flat mailers, just a giant postcard. These ideas could easily work for a 2 sided flier.

http://www.screencast.com/t/AuB5DTmU
http://www.screencast.com/t/Xd9zGYN7t4r

http://www.screencast.com/t/7x2gYnit1
http://www.screencast.com/t/fWrZTPsm

Think this could not work for carpet cleaners? Think again...

Edited by Onslaught - 03/March/2009 at 9:54am
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 1:45pm
Trust me when I say I am not threatened by some self proclaimed know it all like you since everyone of your kind has been run off here with their tail between their legs.  We ignore you, do nothing for you or with you and your engine runs out of steam and guess what?  That's right, you go back to honest work.

You are now officially on terminal ignore.  Some of us have businesses to run, others are street corner beggars with their hands out cleaning our windshields at red lights.  When the light turns green, watch out because getting to the next job is more important than if the beggar walks away or becomes a speed bump.
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 4:12pm
I run 2 businesses and I am in charge of a $250,000 marketing budget for another.

I do this between peddling on street corners

Thank you very much for ignoring me, I will have no problem doing the same
tokmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2009 at 11:58pm
I think you use the media that best gets in your place first so that your business will bloom easily because of the customers that are just nearby and they have easy access to your place.

Gilbert Carpet Cleaning
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2009 at 9:24am
I liked the stunned postcard. It seems it would be easy to make a similar one for carpet cleaning. I have also found that anything that works well in one service industry will work well in another. For fliers I like canvasing a neighborhood after I have cleaned and received a great testimonial from one or more of the neighbors. I include the testimonial from the neighbor which gives credibility to the flier.  I also have a sign that I could put up in the yard that said were happy we called Boulder Carpet Cleaning Masters to clean our carpets. In one subdivision I had about 8 signs up and probably landed 24 great jobs. I think both of you guys have some good ideas and look forward to seeing new stuff from everyone.
Upper Thumbs%20Up
Upper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>