Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Part - time in AZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Part - time in AZ
    Posted: 20/October/2005 at 8:12pm

Hi, all.

I'm not in the cleaning business yet, but it's looking like I am going to be soon (still crunching #'s). I'm a heavy equipment mechanic by day, and looking into cleaning on eve's and weekends to help with up and coming family, and the price of housing out here.

Curious, if any of you are part time, and are doing ok?  Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Links

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2005 at 2:15am

Hi Mike

I did part time for 2 years, it worked for me. That was with a used portable, hard to pay for a good TM part time. It is a lot of carpet cleaning to pay the bills, and no time to make $ after that with a day job. If it is part time keep your cost down. Used TM or good portable. Part time paid for my TM and my toys(tools).

Good luck

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
Jim Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2005 at 4:40pm
Where in az ???
Jim Martin
bbf78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2005 at 5:44pm
Phx. area, mostly east valley.
Ms Lisa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2005 at 12:48am

Hi Mike,

There are a lot of excellent friendly cleaners in your area. Hook up with Kemp Waterfall, Paul Scmadeke, Joe Ibarra .....they will help you out and might even sub you out some work while you are getting started.

They will introduce you to the suppliers in your area and help you make good choices with your chems and equipment.

Word of warning though...that area is saturated with cleaners, and good cleaners too. I wouldn't want to be trying to open shop there. It aint easy money in Phoenix, that's for sure.

Best of luck to you!

Take care,

Lisa

bbf78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2005 at 7:33pm

Hi, Ms Lisa

Thanks for the helpful hand on what guys to talk to.

I know this place is going crazy right now, and there are alot of cleaners out there. What I am working on is with the rate that houses are being built out here, that hopefully there is a little work left over me part time. I am still crunching #'s to see if it going to be feasible.

Thanks again for all the info. everything is helping me out at this point.  Mike

Frankiechocolat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankiechocolat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2007 at 1:17am
hey, welcome. never be afraid of the competion. Joe polish runs aboot camp in tempe inOct. It would be worth it for you to go to that.
warning. hide your credit card cuz it will leap outta your wallet at that thing.

best,
frankie chocolate
 Post Reply Post Reply