Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

1st Portable Extractor - Buying Decisions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2008 at 9:40am

MBCC, if you don’t mind my asking, I am curious.  Are you mostly cleaning military housing with a standard design and the furniture already moved when you get there?

I haven’t been cleaning carpet for as long as a lot of the other guys on this forum (by the way, if you’d quit arguing and listen, you could learn a lot from them – if your skin is thick enough).  I have cleaned a lot of residential and commercial carpet and, don’t take this the wrong way, but I am having trouble believing some of your times:

0900: Arrive on site. Access unit. Vacuum/survey carpet/take digital pics of problem areas. (10 min)

If you can vacuum 1050 sqft in 10 minutes, email me your autograph.  Are you sure they didn’t already vacuum?

0910: Apply spotters / scrub out spots/ raise matted down areas (15 minutes)

Couldn’t be many spots, if they’re coming out.

0925: Apply high traffic pre-spray (10 minutes)

I assume you only pre-spray the traffic lanes, not the whole carpet.

Sponsored Links

MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 11:00pm
Willy: It's time management. A typical job for me is a single story 3 bdrm home with 1050 sf of carpet. This is how it's done. Key is to double up on most tasks.

0900: Arrive on site. Access unit. Vacuum/survey carpet/take digital pics of problem areas. (10 min)
0910: Apply spotters / scrub out spots/ raise matted down areas (15 minutes)
0925: Apply high traffic pre-spray (10 minutes)
0935: Unload truck / set up machine and hoses (10 minutes)
0945: Deep extract / spray enzymes afterwards (1050 sf takes about 2 hours)
1145: Pack up and go.

I swear the Job is done in less than 3 hours. Of course a boom box tuned into country music is a definite pace setter. Since I only have a 25' hose on my porty I centrally locate the machine to minimize moving it. I never drag it from room to room.

When using two cords, One thing that helps out to is knowing where the right plugs are to prevent popping breakers. At first it was hit and miss (wasted time) until I figured out that the 115VAC outlets in the laundry room for both dryer and washer are always on separate circuits.   Which helps save time.

Anyway thats the routine.

By the way, my earlier insults were in response to yours. Eye for an eye kind of thing. Nothing personal. We all have thick enough skin to handle it.
"Quality service guaranteed"
Just Ol' Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 9:38pm
Sonny, I've cleaned carpets for 30 years. If your cleaning 500 sf an hour, not just wetting, carpet with a vacuum and a prescrub, then your superman. I doubt those figures highly , as would most with a bit of experience. But, if you say so....

And one other thing dude- not many of us have a pension to fall back on.
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 4:16pm
Duck: Stop whining and belly up to the bar. What is your business model?
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 4:13pm
Willy: You haven't any business sense.   And it's obvious you can't do simple math. I know why you charge so much but won't tell you anything because it will only infuriate your manly emotions.   Tough trade my ass! The only reason you think it's tough is because you beat your head against the door instead of knocking.
It's obvious you can't read either because I already outlined my business impound account that covers everything you claim "I didn't think of".     

You remind me of a neanderthal beating his chest claiming his big stone wheel is better than all the smaller ones. I won't get too heavy with the insults since my respect for you is at about the 9 - 10 percent range.

500 SF an hour is easy if you move.   At 1 SF per second thats less than 12 minutes (accounting for 3" overlap). 24 minutes if you go over it twice. 5 minutes repositioning the machine. Throw in an extra 5 minutes for room changes. That leaves you with 26 minutes left over. Question is, what are you doing with all that extra time?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 3:32pm
MBCC joined this forum because nobody in his area is buying his line but he thinks we are hungry for the secret to success.  Has it been TRIED?  Yessir.  Has it been TESTED?  Well, for a little while, yes.  It is TRUE?  That is where the lying begins.  Or shall I say an exaggeration of the results appear in his report but the evidence proves he fails to measure up to the standards of a viable ongoing business.  He believes it though.  THAT I believe.

He sure has a nice hobby, doesn't he?

Edited by duckcountry - 02/June/2008 at 3:33pm
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2008 at 10:12am
MBCC- First off, grow a back bone and toughen your hide. Be a MAN, not a school girl. We're a tough bunch in this trade, unlike the pansies you encountered in your previous work life.Big%20smile Running to whine to mommy like a spoiled child won't  get you any respect either. I never liked stool pigeons, or do most people.  You're creating your own heat by being a blow hard. We're all willing to offer our help, but you seem to spurn any critique of your business plan. I see big holes- no saving for the inevitable rainy day, no fund for new equipment, no fund for a new vehicle as they wear out quick in this business. There's a lot of other variables to consider too.41 k a year is chump change compared to the possibilities.
BTW- If you can put out 500 sf an hour via porty, with a vac and scrub, then you must wear a red cape and spandex with a big S in the middle or you're doing crappy work. Those numbers just don't add up.
That's an honest assessment. Most don't like honesty.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:04am
Ya Rat... LOL It's also about having some fun and a high sense of humor.. Nobody knows it all.. Won't buy nuttin from you..

By by Big Baby..LOL 
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2008 at 7:56pm
Willy,

I joined this forum to contribute.   If you think that somehow your "vast knowledge" of the carpet cleaning business is superior to mine thats fine. I have never made the statement that I know it all. When I do have questions, and I have had many, I go directly to the experts. And that won't be you, or John L, or any other so called "professional" who carries on in such a childish manner as you are.

I have already had to report your post to the moderators for inserting the words (I'm a salesman) into my quote. They changed it. I would never conduct professional business with a guy like you who finds this type of behavior amusing.

If you are a professional... try acting like one. Experience and respect are two different things. If you want the latter earn it.      

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2008 at 3:25pm
John, it makes me shake with laughter when some wet behind the ears rookie alleged cleaner/salesman comes here with, I think as of today, 89 jobs experience, and starts telling us old farts that by such tried and failed recipes like low ball pricing is gonna make him a millionaire! Whenever I learned, I learned by listening and asking, not coming on like gangbusters and knowing all the answers before the question gets asked. I feel sorry for the guy being such a dough head.
On the other hand, I would be more than willing to teach him some stuff, but he knows it all, so I won't bother. Friggin' plebes.....
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2008 at 11:31am

Saleman always backup their products as the most this and that.. Even if its not true.. And a rare one say their unit is the most powerful and its True and you know who I'm talking about..Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2008 at 9:01am
Originally posted by MBCC MBCC wrote:

I know this post is dated, but I would definitely recommend looking into the SOLUS 500R mfr by U.S. Products. I use one so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

And you should listen to the Rear Admiral,and benefit from his veritable weeks of experience!I wonder if he's figured out his a$$ from his elbow yet....ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Hey Gilligan, when you figure out how to get the moisture eliminated from behind your auditory appendages, you'll have a yardstick to measure with.

Edited by kkForumAdmin - 27/May/2008 at 2:13pm
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2008 at 1:24am
I know this post is dated, but I would definitely recommend looking into the SOLUS 500R mfr by U.S. Products. I use one so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
vernonpurcell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonpurcell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2008 at 6:24am
I have had a lot of experiance with portables over the last 22 years from all the US manufactures. This is just  what I would buy Ninja 500 2 X 2 stage vac inline water heater. Now the pump must be the pumptec with a fasco motor, these last years, but change the by-pass spring to a 200 psi spring. This will be an excellent choice. The wand should be a twin jet s- bend wand with 2 x 11015 jets, this will keep a constant pressure of 200 psi coming out of your tips and hitting the carpet. You should also consider buying a inline sprayer with ajustable dilutions. this cuts your carpet preconditiong down, then just use a rise agent to rince of the preconditioner. The best preconditioning agent and rinse agent I have used and still use it is from a company called Lee Soaps formally Carpet Plus in Denver.
THey are inexpensive and they really really work. Your machine will have extended life if you use a rinse agent as you will not get limescale bild up in your heater or pump head.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>