Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2006 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Copy a Million Dollar Company >> Turboteck Industries

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 4:03pm
Hi guys just wondering how anyone else out there handles the price swings. My main competitors are the bay, sears, and crystal carpet clean. Being new to the business I keep an eye on the pricing of these guys and keep my prices about $10.00 per job less until I get established. I spent an evening printing out a few thousand flyers with a whole house cleaning package for $99.00(5 rooms, hall stairs). This was slightly less than the other guys until the bay offered the same package for $75.00 or $15.00 per room. The question is do I chuck this advert or just stick to my price and deliver them or do you guys let your prices flip flop with your competitors. will be watching for any replies thanks.
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 4:55pm
What you need to do is sit down and figure out your expenses (cost of doing business) and try and figure out what you need an hour or a sq. ft. to make a decent profit. Secondly you want to distance yourself from those type of companies you can never undercut them. I still call them bait & switch but others say not. another thing they are high volume companies where as you are trying to find your nitch?
Just My opinion
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 8:37pm
Thanks doug for the quick response, but I think I can under cut them if I didn't mind working for nothing. all my equip is paid for, I work out of my home and my wife has a well paying government job. Any money I make is our gravy. I just don't want to work for free. Thanks again I think I'll just wait a couple of days and deliver my flyers as they are by that time 90% of the newspapers with there add will be in the recycle bin and long forgotten. thanks again
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 10:18pm
Why not stay home if you're going to work for nothing?

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:16pm
I tried that. Got tired of Judge Judy reruns??
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:20pm
I work for nothing everyday it's quiet rewarding
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:27pm
Wow. How do you pay your bills? Right....I forgot.....your wife works

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:35pm
nope she doesn't
www.mr-steamer.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:35pm
no body works...and look I'm home at 1:35
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:49pm
Maybe you should go to the EI office

The STD Meter
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:56pm
I started this business to make money and spend my winters in a warm spot so I don't think I'll work for nothing.see ya!
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 2:09pm
I got news for you Cmaster. The reason I'm starting this business is because my employer got bought out by an American company and closed our plant in milton. I worked for Eatons home cleaning many years ago so I went back to my life experiance to find the right business. At 50years old I didn't want any more bosses. Anyways as you said go to E.I. I'm already collecting E.I at the tune of $1700.00 / month free free money! This is why it is taking me so long to launch my business in a big way. I have been sticking to word of mouth and under the table stuff. E.I is great but it's coming to an end.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by watchman watchman wrote:

I got news for you Cmaster. The reason I'm starting this business is because my employer got bought out by an American company and closed our plant in milton. I worked for Eatons home cleaning many years ago so I went back to my life experiance to find the right business. At 50years old I didn't want any more bosses. Anyways as you said go to E.I. I'm already collecting E.I at the tune of $1700.00 / month free free money! This is why it is taking me so long to launch my business in a big way. I have been sticking to word of mouth and under the table stuff. E.I is great but it's coming to an end.

I hear you, but the EI post was for Steamer

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>