Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

distance with jobs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shepard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: distance with jobs
    Posted: 28/December/2006 at 1:51pm
seasons greetings to all cc,my question was what kind of distances to jobs should be reasonable distanace an not overkill.   
pfawai
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2006 at 2:37pm
Depends on the size of the job and s/f price. I used to drive 60 miles for large jobs.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
shepard1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shepard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2006 at 10:29pm
    thanx for the insight
pfawai
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2006 at 1:01am
unless Im makin 1k...I aint never gonna drive 60 miles!!
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2006 at 8:30pm
They were usually apartment hallways 20,000 s/f. Big smile
BonnetMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonnetMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2006 at 8:51pm
The furthest I'm willing to drive without any additional charges is 20 miles.
billy196628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy196628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2006 at 11:15pm
ha ha I live in fresno its 40 miles across just the town .
we charge for any out of town jobs and we got a lot of that .
lots of farmers here with 3 and 5 thou foot homes you wish you had the money they have but the ones with the real money are the middel men who sell there produce.
all the money not to much of the work.

Edited by billy196628 - 31/December/2006 at 11:16pm
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2006 at 11:34pm

What exactly are you trying to say?

KingCarpetClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCarpetClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2023 at 12:15pm
In my experience, finding the right distance for carpet cleaning jobs is all about balance. I usually define a primary service area based on where I'm located and where my target customers are. It helps keep things cost-effective and time-efficient.

I also take into account how much time I'm willing to spend on the road. Longer distances mean more travel time and less time for actual cleaning, so that's a crucial factor for me.

Fuel costs play a role too. Longer distances generally mean higher fuel expenses, and I factor that into my pricing to make sure it's financially viable.

It's also worth considering the competition in the area. Striking a balance between covering enough ground and avoiding excessive competition is key.

Customer expectations matter too. Some folks prefer local businesses, while others are willing to wait for a specialized service, even if it's a bit farther away.

Lastly, if you're targeting a specific niche or offering specialized services, you might be more willing to travel farther for jobs in that niche.

Best Regards,
KingCarpetClean Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply