Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

op cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: op cleaning
    Posted: 14/January/2007 at 4:11pm
Being fairly new to cleaning with an op machine. I was wondering if i could get a couple of questions answerd. 1 on super dirty carpets would it be best to use a brush on the op or get a swing machine to scrub first. 2 is there a pre spray that should be used? I have used different colors of scrub pads with some sucsess. Mainly on cgd. My customers are always pleased with the results. I just keep thinking i could have done better. Problem areas is always walk ways. I always think if i had somthing to scrub with it might help in those certain areas. I really like cleaning with my op machine. I just always want to the the best job for the customer that i can. Thanks   
Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 5:09pm
Couple of questions, Which OP machine are you using?? DO you always pre-vacuum before Cleaning???

I dont think you would need any types of brushes or swing machine if youre usin a Op machine. Because the Ocillation would provide enough aggitation already.

FOr the SUPER NASTIES (or for places with tons on grease)....I would recommend getting either a used TM to HWE or at the very least get yourself set up with a decent porty.

As for chems....I use WHamm with Z-bomb as a boost (from Vacaway).

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 5:59pm
Yes we pre vac well. I have an orbitec orbital machine works great. I followed up a truck mount cleaner at a jobsite and they said it looked a lot better after i was done, but there was a lot of black on an entrance way that i got lighter just could not satisfy myself on this. It had alot of blacktop walk off on the carpet.I do have a mytee w/heat, just trying not to use it as much. I want to try to do it all with op. Ive did a couple of resteraunts with great results just with the op machine and a couple of drops of dawn. Worked good for me i was worried about resoiling but so far owners are thrilled with the length of time we can go before recleaning has to be done. My machine is a 20in. Thanks
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 6:11pm
For the heavily soiled areas go with a HWE followed by OP. Force dry with fans. With that you will have fans. Big smile

Edited by Hammy - 14/January/2007 at 6:14pm
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 6:48pm
Dawn?!...with OP?!!Shocked...YOure a brave man.
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 7:55pm
hey ninja It may be more on the side of stupid. I went into this place to do a demo, My son is the chef at this university and i hit it with my op machine and nothing. Hit it again and no better. I was about to give up and walk away with with my tail between my legs when the manager there told me to do what ever it takes. ANYTHING..I thought what takes care of grease..Dawn I didnt really want to but they told me they didnt care if we used acid as long as the carpet or whats left of it is clean. So out came the dawn and it was unbelievable this carpet came back to the color it was when it was new.I do not recommend this but the 4000.00 paychecks are nice and they are thrilled. The referalls from them are nice to. Its the only place i do this. They call me the magic man now. And our dishes at home look good to. thanks P.S They had there janitoral crew clean these twice the month before we went in. Probably sorry equipment or lack of know how on using it. There loss my gain. Thanks again
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 8:47pm
Don't tell them about the Dawn

The STD Meter
opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 9:33pm
Cmaster They know about it. They were tired of the poor results from there service people, and the bad smell after they hwe. Like i said before i dont do this anywhere else. Clark sent me some degreaser to use with my op machine. I am going to try this the next time. Hope it works as good. He did tell me not to use it on our dishes. Thanks
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 9:49pm
I meant the janitoril crew, not the customer

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 9:55pm
opclean...that is magic...

in my books your a hero...but some of the IICRC super cleaners might not like what you just said...LOLLOL
www.mr-steamer.com
opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2007 at 10:00pm
Thanks Mr Steamer. Just trying to satisfy customors. The janitorial crew does know. The cat got out of the bag. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply