Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - #1 Way to get top placement on Google, yahoo & MSN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

#1 Way to get top placement on Google, yahoo & MSN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2008 at 1:30am

Guys, it is possible to book 20 jobs per week from a website.  It isn't common, but possible.  I live in a medium sized area in the U.S. (470k in two county area) and I book 2-5 jobs per week.  Of course, my site is ranked #1 in "pensacola carpet cleaning."  I've gotten many other carpet cleaners websites to #1 within a few weeks. 

Raleigh North Carolina is a fairly large city, so I can understand how he books 20 jobs on a good week.

It looks like his site's magic is in the one way link program he has at the bottom of his site's page. 

I won't pitch my service here, but if you need help with your website, email me.
John Braun
Ad Hitman
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2008 at 5:28pm
Yeah, got the email about your web design services two weeks ago.  Almost had me going until I checked out the company sites, did some research on them, documented what I discovered, and then notified the IICRC of what they needed to know to pursue.  Creating false testimonials to promote any service is lying regardless of the intent.

Go pitch it to gators in the bayou.  You are the modern day version of the people who sold equipment to the 49ers knowing they were wasting their time in the pursuit of gold.  I don't care if you paint a duck gold.  At the end of the day it is still just a duck and not a golden duck.

This was your email:
Hello 

It used to be pretty expensive to do this on a website. But now,
every cleaning company can afford it. It's silly not to do it.

Go to www.Hitmanadvertising.com/internet right now to check it out.

Until Later,

John Braun

Edited by duckcountry - 31/January/2008 at 5:36pm
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2008 at 5:45pm
From the linked page:
"Ok carpet cleaners or any business owner, so you know you need a website for your business but you got buddies and friends who can get up you set up, great, HOWEVER, so did I and here is my testimonial and advice to everyone. John Braun knows business, he knows the internet and he knows how you need to market. Do this, instead of getting your friends to do it at a "great discount", call John, get it done right at great prices, he will get you set quickly, move you to the top in your area on the net, and remove all the headaches of coordinating all your friends. Bottom line, use John Braun and his Hitman Advertising, get it done right, without the headaches, and make a NEW friend. John has my company number 2 and number 8 in my area on the web and the number one company is the yellow pages, I couldn't ask for more. 'Nuff said."

Aaron Sabartinelli www.CarpetcleaningJeffersonCitymo.com

Aaron Sabartinelli is on the web as a speaker.   Reseaching the above domain has you written all over it.  Fake news releases printed by a paper hungry for something to fill their paper, everything about this appears in October 2007.  The IICRC was very interested in how these sites used the certified firm logo when they aren't real. 

Next time before you launch a scam plan it out better.  Some of have real internet experience, not as users but as the ones who made it run and really know how it works.  Add to that my own experiences working for the greatest con artists in L.A. and exposing characters like Robert J Ringer to the world as frauds and know that hidden in the shadows are your worst nightmares.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2008 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by cambrey cambrey wrote:

Alexa ratings are worthless. Alexa only looks at the number of actual visits to your site by people who have the alexa toolbar installed.

The most telling rating you can look at on a site is google's page rank. You normally need a 2 or 3 page rank to get very high ranking in google.

The marketing people who get paid for making the decisions of the worthiness of Alexa disagree with you and determine who best to partner with in affiliations and how much to value that affiliation greatly, so I will take their conclusion as gospel over anyone else.  Alexa rankings are neither solely or primarily decided on by toolbar visits. Interesting assumption but based on having little information and drawing conclusions  prematurely.

The only ones who declare that are those with low or no rankings at Alexa.  In their defense I understand the tendency to deny impending danger when a train is heading right for them and is only 5 feet away, but I do not share that dissolution.  Sometimes accepting fact can mean the difference between life and death.  Other times, it can be seen as low self image manifesting itself.

Not to say you have a low self image, just a misconception of the purpose behind alexa.

cambrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cambrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2008 at 12:00am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Originally posted by cambrey cambrey wrote:

Alexa ratings are worthless. Alexa only looks at the number of actual visits to your site by people who have the alexa toolbar installed.

The most telling rating you can look at on a site is google's page rank. You normally need a 2 or 3 page rank to get very high ranking in google.

The marketing people who get paid for making the decisions of the worthiness of Alexa disagree with you and determine who best to partner with in affiliations and how much to value that affiliation greatly, so I will take their conclusion as gospel over anyone else.  Alexa rankings are neither solely or primarily decided on by toolbar visits. Interesting assumption but based on having little information and drawing conclusions  prematurely.

The only ones who declare that are those with low or no rankings at Alexa.  In their defense I understand the tendency to deny impending danger when a train is heading right for them and is only 5 feet away, but I do not share that dissolution.  Sometimes accepting fact can mean the difference between life and death.  Other times, it can be seen as low self image manifesting itself.

Not to say you have a low self image, just a misconception of the purpose behind alexa.

No offense but you have no clue what you're talking about. Alexa ratings are only important to techies or if you plan to have ads on your site. They will not get you higher placements on the search engines. Which is the idea for most carpet cleaners. They are the most easily manipulated rankings there are. In just a matter of a couple of months I had my new site from no rankings to the 900,000. I could have easily gotten it higher but I educated myself enough to realize I was wasting my time. If you want to improve your alexa ratings to boost your self esteem, be my guest. Hell that's really the only reason I did it....just to show I could. I let you in on the big secret.
1. Use alexa re-direction whenever possible. (let me know if you need help figuring out how to do this)
2. Download and use alexa toolbar and visit your site often. Set your site to your homepage so everytime you open your browser it goes to your site.
3. Use firefox as your browser and have the searchstatus add-on installed. Visit your site often, again I suggest setting your website to be your homepage.

Ps I am ranked number 1 in the organic searches for Yahoo, msn, lycos and several others. I am ranked number 2 in google. All on a website that I built myself. There are certainly prettier sites out there than mine but that doesn't matter if no one finds them.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2008 at 12:43am
Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about.  I have been in management for EarthLink, HostPro (web.com) CIHost and Globat.  I have worked with the marketing people closely along with folks from cj.com (Commission Junction).  The alexa ratings are far more important than you give them credit for being.  In fact, anything above 20000 is "he's not in, may I take a message?".  While they mean nothing to the cleaning business they are bragging rights for the biggest marketing driven companies. 

But you can believe whatever you want and ignore the facts if you so choose.  I am not here to educate anyone about the internet.  Are you?
cambrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cambrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

While they mean nothing to the cleaning business they are bragging rights for the biggest marketing driven companies. 

It sounds like you just agreed with me. If they mean nothing to the cleaning business why would a cleaning business waiste time and resources trying to get their ranking up? Of course they have meaning to some types of businesses (although less and less as time goes on) but we are on a carpet cleaning board talking about carpet cleaning marketing. The title of the thread is "#1 Way to get top placement on Google, yahoo & MSN" and alexa will not help you to do that. I think maybe we just misunderstood what each other was trying to convey.

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2008 at 10:56pm
if nothing else, between the two of us we just taught a class.  In the words of the Govenerator, "there will be a quiz immediately afterwards".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123