Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

$$$$$$$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $$$$$$$
    Posted: 11/August/2007 at 6:28pm

Hey, alot of you guys seem to really know alot about the business and really seem to be doing pretty well.  Just interested to know how much money you guys are pulling in a year? And being in my first year in the business, what should I expect to make or realistically shoot for in a year??  I'm sure this subject may be sensitive to some, so those who feel comfortable in answering I would like to thank you in advance for having the courage. 

I got money in the bank, but E on the tank.
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2007 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Ream57 Ream57 wrote:

Hey, alot of you guys seem to really know alot about the business and really seem to be doing pretty well.  Just interested to know how much money you guys are pulling in a year? And being in my first year in the business, what should I expect to make or realistically shoot for in a year??  I'm sure this subject may be sensitive to some, so those who feel comfortable in answering I would like to thank you in advance for having the courage. 

That's too personal a question, so I doubt that you'll get an honest response.  It seems like you're on fire, so why not move up to WI and I'll partner with you. I'll buy the machines (I have everything already) and you'll be the feild guy.  LOL

My first year in college (looong ago) I was working at Kmart making $3.05 an hour. My brother called me up to ask if I would want to work for him in the cleaning business for $5 an hour while he designed machines and floor matting. Of course I did, and within a couple of months I was making $9 an hour. He eventually burned out, and gave me the company. Within a year (my senior junior year in college) I was making 80k of personal income (he had been making 17k) because, unlike my brother, I was really organized and didn't sit around all the time (he had multiple businesses, so this business wasn't important to him).  That was about 22 years ago.

Stay with carpet if you can.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/August/2007 at 6:41pm
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2007 at 7:27pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 14/November/2007 at 5:07pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 9:52am
Sorry NR ream is not me. Thats not my typing style...and you know there would of been typo's and grammatical errors...

and it Intellegence not Intellegance they way you spell it.

Ream... a business is only what you make it...If you are a one man show and don't have an office person, you won't make much...it's hard to wand and talk at the same time...LOL

Some times it's what you put into your business, that gives you results.

some answer the phones only 9 to 5....I answer them 9 to 9 but my voicemail says 9 to 6 (just incase I miss a call in the evening)

we run 2 lines here but some times things still go to voicemail...call them back right away. no more than 5 minutes, before they call someone else

Advertise at least once a month, thats hard I know but you have to find a form of advertising that works for you and is not to expensive. The way I rate it..I need to make at least 4 dollars on every advertising dollar I spend. or it's not worth it.

Be on time to every call...I always give a two hour window...but I book them so I can get there at the start of each window....makes you look professional.

I can't stress enough where a uniform..and your shirt should be tucked into your pants and use a belt please.

each customer you clean give them at least 3 cards. you'll be surprised how well that works.

I think it's the work and planning you put into it during the slow time that give you the results in the season.

remember everything comes into play...weather...time of year..the smell of your colone...lol

I've always heard that 1 truck should pull in around $150k per year...I use that as my bench mark...

good luck dude

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 12/August/2007 at 11:32am
www.mr-steamer.com
Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 10:49am

I appreciate the advise steamer, its great! The only thing is I have alot of things working against me, I have a full time job, that if you ask me doesn't pay that well, I don't have an office, I'm rolling with a porty Mytee 1000 and don't have a whole lot of money saved because I spent that on my porty, rotovac wand and truck to get my equipment around.  I guess I'm just stuck in the beginning stages of the business and really don't know how to make the transition from fulltime employee to full time carpet cleaner..... I mean should I just quit my dayjob and go for it or what???

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 11:35am
Only you know if your ready to take the plunge.... I worked as a sub-contractor for Sears for about 13 years. The money is great but the bullsh*t you have to go through isn't.

It was many members of this forum that pushed to do my own thing.

Life is better, the money is better, I'm glad..and I haven't looked back since
www.mr-steamer.com
Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 12:38pm

True, thats good man, glad everything worked out for you. I'm just getting my carpet career started hopefully in 10-15 years from now I can say the same thing.  Have you ever thought about getting crews working for you so that you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work... I mean I don't mind working hard but one day I would like to retire and have people just work for me, you know what I'm saying?

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 1:32pm
I hear ya....BUT I know no one will give the customers the level of service I will. Sears is feeling it right now, with a ton of unhappy customers. Service is the #1 key to any business, people are getting to realize that the bigger the company the worse the service.

We will see a lot of small business making good money.

I hate to know the business will die with me...but thats fine...I'll do it for as long as I can

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 4:48pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 14/November/2007 at 5:08pm
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 5:26pm
LOL 

Edited by nightrider - 13/August/2007 at 3:10pm
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 6:43pm
If you say so NR....I like to talk carpet...to someone else....thats ream...

2 seperate people trust me
www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 8:35pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 14/November/2007 at 5:08pm
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 8:46pm

Exaclty!!  I'm Kenny using another name, so why can't Steamer?  LOL

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2007 at 9:13pm
And I'm Nightrider

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>