Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cold Calling Destroys your Status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold Calling Destroys your Status
    Posted: 15/August/2007 at 1:30pm
I've been working on this for sometime, and I hate Cold Calling. I think in order to be successful in the world of carpet cleaning you have to project a very strong image....One that says that you DO NOT NEED that particular customer's business and are ready and willing to walk away at any time.

When you cold call it's very clear that you need their business. To make matters worse, the perception out there is that important people with busy companies don't cold call and don't have time to cold call because they have more important things to do.

Cold call creates the perception that you have nothing better to do at that particular moment than to try and scrape up business. It comes off as needy and desperate..

at least I think so...what do you think???

www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 2:31pm
I agree to a point. We usually send out letters inviting them to call us. If they are happy with their current provider they don't call. If not, we get an opportunity to show them what we can do

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 3:35pm
cmaster NR needs to take lessons from you. Post cards ...letters...newspapers ..flyers is what is called using the power of leverage to ones advantage.

NR started a new topic...I don't know why he could of stayed here.

NR has to realize that only one person can make only one phone call or walk into only one door at a time. The results you can produce are strictly finite and severly limited.

Print advertising works in your favor allowing you virtually be in many places at one time. While telemarketing or cold calling only gets your message to one person at a time(if your lucky to get the right person) The proper use of print advertising gets you message out to a tremendous number of people at one time with little or no effort on your part. Once you have a system in place leads come in everyday with out hassels.

does that make sense?

cold calling is a waste of time ...need more proof
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 3:36pm
nothing is without hassels
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 3:55pm
cold calling is a hassel..LOL what I should say without having to beg...\

These people called you... they are qualified customers that need a service

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 15/August/2007 at 3:58pm
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 3:57pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 15/November/2007 at 12:30pm
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 4:03pm
you call unqualified customers...wasting your time
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 10:04pm
Why would anyone be calling the wrong customers

Nightrider
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 10:14pm
you just call anyone with a phone number
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 10:33pm
There are no wrong numbers when you're selling something

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 10:40pm
close your eyes and let your fingers do the walkin..
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 10:53pm
An old business associate once told me when I was first starting out that you need to do at least two cold calls a week for your entire career. It's called networking, but what did he know he retired at 56     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 11:17pm
retired ...but was it a result of cold calling....?

things that make me say hhhhmmmmmmmmmm
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 11:26pm
He was in the insurance game. In this case it worked for him. Whatever you are selling it's all about building relationships.    
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>