Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

The new era - Education - Which is best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 5:53pm

As far as ASD goesI like the sounds of the school in Barrie over the Hamilton school.  Heres why...

You are using the best equipment on the market.  Not just Dri-Eaz.  Plus you are not supporting your competition who is tryuing to sell their services to you while your there.  To me its like paying for someone to market their product.  Are they really interested in teaching you how to do it properly or are they interested in selling you their product or service.

In Barrie its education only.  Its different brand of equipment.  And it also is the best equipment out there.  They in the end will show you how to dry effectivly and faster because of the equipment.  If I had my choice I would send my people to Chucks school or better yet Bolden's.  Problem with Bolden 's school is you do not get IICRC certified and thats what the Insurance industry wants.

Dollar for piece of education Barrie is your best bet.

Sponsored Links

TGIF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGIF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 5:21pm
Makes sense Doug,  If you only have the WRT & ASD courses it does'nt mean you have what it takes. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 4:38pm
I have discussed education before in some posts and I have one theory.  You should start at the beginning. People go directly to the restoration classes.  Why?  Now they are trying to restore things that they have no idea how they are constructed or for that matter cleaned.  I am a believer in knowing the basics.  Learn to walk before you learn to run but  most like to start at the top.  They see all the big bucks being made and they want to be a part of it.  I wish them luck.  The one good thing is the availablity of different courses .  I prefer to choose my instructor sometimes it is worth the wait. I am not saying they are not all good It is just my personal thing.  Before you take certain courses be sure to see what pre requsites you need in order to receive the certification this is very important and if you take the courses in the proper order it will make things a lot easier for you. Enough said.  IGuitar am sure there are more qualified personal to discuss this post.
Just My opinion
TGIF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGIF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 1:05pm
I do have an opinion.  I want to know what your views are on all the new certification coarses, schools, institutes and networks.  Anyone have any good or bad experiences regarding this topic????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123