Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to operate a Freedon xt 47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abo Spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to operate a Freedon xt 47
    Posted: 19/November/2007 at 6:11pm

Hi,

I just purchased a Power Clean Freedom XT-47 with 250 hours on it. I'm fresh out of carpet cleaning school (I just finished the IICRC class in Medford, OR) and don't know exactly how to operate the machine and would be GREATFUL for some advice. Here are my questions: What is the "Pump Clutch" switch for, what is the "ACC" switch for. There is also a small black round knob on the bottom Left hand side--directly across from the vacuum gauge that clicks as you turn it. When I hooked it all up I got vacuum be no h2o. What RPM do I run it at? Do I run it at full bore? It has a pressure washer and a Auto pump out too. Thanks

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2007 at 6:40pm
Your in luck because Ted the owner of this board sells these machines. Wow you got a great machine to start with everyone's dream good luck with it. go to the KK web site and email them.
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2007 at 7:05pm

Very nice unit.. PumpClutch is for flood damage work.. It prevents the cat pump from spinning and burning up.. I dont have auto pump out but that is what the ACC is.. DO NOT RUN WITHOUT WATER HOOKED UP when cleaning carpets.. Unless your doing flood work.. you wont need the water hookup. Small black knob  near your hg gauge should be your chemical flow meter.. Does it have a little metal ball going up and down..Vertical..?? The bigger knob  about 4" long lower left is your unloader psi control..next to your water outlet.. The round knob on the lower right is your thermostat heat contol.. Should go up to 245f..

Abo Spirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abo Spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 12:15pm

Thanks for the advice and complement-bro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abo Spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 12:57pm

The black knob that I'm talking about is actually on the bottom L side of the machine about 8 inches above the water outlet. It's round and 1 inch in diameter. It clicks as you turn it but there are no numbers around it to indicate what it is for. I assume it might be some kind of an add on. Any idea? Also does the PumpClutch need to be turned on in order for the h2O to flow out the "water out" outlet? Yesterday when I fired it up I got vacuum but no h20. I must be doing something wrong I just can't seem to figure it out. As far as I know there seemed to be a good connection from the garden hose to the "Water In" and the water was turned on. Also it has a rpm gauge and I'm wondering what rpm to run it at? thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abo Spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 1:02pm

Thank you --I'll take a look at the kk site. I appreciate that advice.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 1:04pm
No problem Abo.. i have the XT-26/45. Another thing.. After the end of a cleaning day you want to lube the blower.. You will see on the lower panel right side a wing nut.. at engine idle spin the nut until you hear suction.. then squirt some liquid wrench inside for a few seconds then shut the wing nut.. Let idle a few minutes.. That will keep rust and moisture build up in the blower lobes..

Also when done cool down your unit key the wand with heat off and chem meter shut while you wrap up your vac hoses.. I don't do this in the winter but do when not freezing weather.. good luck man..
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 5:24pm
Abo Spirit,

Suggest that you contact the manufacturer in Illinois...they have a customer service department at 1-800-378-0380
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 6:59pm
engage the clutch.. The cat pump will pump water.. you might have air lock in the pump.. Can you post a pic of your front panel..?

Edited by John L - 20/November/2007 at 7:01pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 7:57pm
abo=steampro
www.mr-steamer.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 8:25pm

He was getting a scout or something small similar.. XT47 new is over 13k.. used probably 10k or so.. Don't think so..

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 8:30pm
Steamer has been right before on these rebirths???
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 10:17pm
It's possible, but not likely

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2007 at 7:57am
or likely but not possible
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>