Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starter TM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DBraden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBraden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter TM
    Posted: 10/April/2008 at 2:04pm
Because your talking an Astro Van I would be concerned about weight.
Blazer XL or Boxxer 318 are some of the smaller and best quality units.
I would'nt install a fresh water tank, again weight is an issue.
Don't waste your time, or time will waste you.
Sponsored Links

stevnlevine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevnlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 9:08am
I'm not sure how I got to the UK? I'm in upstate NY's Hudson Valley.
Aaron R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 5:22pm
I see your in the UK but these may be worth checking out. The mini ez series @ nickseztruckmounts.com or the predator series @ acceleratedcleaning.com. The mini's are well below 10K. Not sure about the predators, but they are some good looking machines designed for mini vans. Hope this helps.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2008 at 1:41pm
A prochem blazer would be my choice for an astro van

nothing wrong with those "lawn mower" engines if properly serviced

Edited by Steaminpile - 08/April/2008 at 1:42pm
A.K.A.
Andy
Ducky's View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducky's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2008 at 12:40am
Its kinda funny cause you have to look at all the specs to compare any truckmount to any portable.  The hydramaster CDS units work great in astros as they have a smaller footprint than most slide-ins.  As far as the cheaper new units, they just dont impress me.  The biggest thing about having any truckmount is that consumers are now, at least in my area, asking if I am truckmounted... They have no clue what it means but somehow they are getting the picture that it is better.     MARKETING!
I would compare
Temp
PSI
Blower
also look at the engines, a cast block with injection is going to be the best bet, but you are talking a lot-o-cash.  Anything smaller is like running a lawnmower engine, can be finicky and harder to maintain.  What got me to finalize my CDS purchase was the replacement cost of some of the slide in units engines was close to if not more in some cases than replacing the engine in my van! 
yes please
stevnlevine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevnlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2008 at 6:02pm
   I'm starting to feel growing pains using my MYTEE porty. Can anyone suggest a reasonablly priced new (under $10K USD) slide in TM that will fit in my Chevy Astro? Are used machines with warantees worth loking at? Or should I be thinking new? I've seen some new TM for around $5-7K, are any of these worth purchasing? Are there are any brands to avoid? What brands to include?
 Post Reply Post Reply