Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidtwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleanmaster express or US Products Advantage18?
    Posted: 25/July/2008 at 11:07am
Hi Guys, I'm new to the business as well as the forum. A local supply house mgr. spent an hour and half with me going over various equipment choices. After reading this forum for a couple of hours it's obvious there are many, many choices in portables. I'll ask you all this; what do you think of either the US Products Advantage 18, or the Cleanmaster Express? The Ninja was also suggested by someone I met online that's been very helpful. Thanks Neil if you're out there! Thanks, I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
Dave Watson
Sponsored Links

davidtwatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidtwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2008 at 1:56pm
Sooooo, does no response mean nobody uses either machine? I did approximately 5,000 sq. ft. yesterday with the US Products machine. It is an exact copy of the Advance Aqua-clean 15 I used years ago. Right down to the sh**ty gasket on the waste tank that kept falling off, getting sucked in, etc. Please forgive my ignorance guys. As I said, I'm new to the business and these were the first machines I have had a chance to really look at. I'm here because I want to learn as much as possible from the pros who have been cleaning carpets for years. I'm even trying to find a local company that would let me do a ride-along to see how it's done right. Kind of touchy as we would be competing against each other, but worth a shot. Thanks, Dave
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2008 at 9:41pm
Where in MA are you located? Ride alongs are great for learningThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidtwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2008 at 8:31am
Newbury, 6 miles from Seabrook, NH.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2008 at 2:50pm
I watched the video on the 18 nice pull unit.. Too bad its only 100psi.. How much is it? $3000? Ahhhh!!
The other one might leave excess moisture..Ahhhh!! The cleaning head looks like a RX20..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidtwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2008 at 2:58pm
The US Products machine is $2700. I know the guy sells them, but he seemed very sincere when I asked which machine he would buy if he could have ANY portable. He said the CleanMaster. ($3100) John, what do you think of the Cross-American Recoil or the Ninjas?
rick007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2008 at 10:22pm
from all the info i've gotten so far you can't go wrong with the recoil or the ninja. but apparently the best is still the good old TM. decisions decisions ? good luck.
happy cleaning
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2008 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by rick007 rick007 wrote:

from all the info i've gotten so far you can't go wrong with the recoil or the ninja. but apparently the best is still the good old TM. decisions decisions ? good luck.

Not apparentlyBig%20smile

The STD Meter
rick007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 1:50am
cmaster- how come? every one i talk to says you need a big TM to get the job. in other words customers don't really think a porty can do the job that a TM can do. is this right or is this wrong ?
happy cleaning
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:08am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Hey cmaster when someone rides with you do you pay them? Or is it on the job training? Big%20smile If it was me i would want to get paid as a helper..

Edited by John L - 29/July/2008 at 9:15am
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by rick007 rick007 wrote:

cmaster- how come? every one i talk to says you need a big TM to get the job. in other words customers don't really think a porty can do the job that a TM can do. is this right or is this wrong ?

What I meant was........definitely, not apparentlyBig%20smile

The STD Meter
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Hey cmaster when someone rides with you do you pay them? Or is it on the job training? Big%20smile If it was me i would want to get paid as a helper..

Are you kidding???? It's free training. I would love to do a ride along with another cleaner just to get ideas on improving my systemsThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:40am

Ppl do get pd for on the job training so it could go either way.. It's training but also working.. Nobody likes to work for free! So NO I'm not kidding!!!! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidtwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 9:57am
I would be grateful for the experience and not expect to be paid, but that's just me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>