Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Warning about "Click packages"!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning about "Click packages"!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 13/February/2009 at 2:13pm

Yo guys

Im sure many of you have been called on by companies offering you "guaranteed click packages" from such companies such as yellowpages.com. 

DOOO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, the click packages will provide you with the "guaranteed clicks", great, but I have a good reporting system with my website provider, and you would be blown away by the junk clicks I am getting, see example below from just 2009 year to date.  99% of all clicks will be junk, and the searchs on those clicks have nothing to do with the business I provide.  Example: window cleaning tools, that has nothing to do with my window cleaning service!

Second, you have no control of anything.  Unlike google adwords, you can not change anything, so if someone keeps one searching for "rental steam cleaning", something that we are not in the business of doing, good luck getting ahold of someone to change it.

Third, like I said in a previous post, just posting on craigslist, and kijiji will create far more business, and its free. I also suggest googles small business center, thats free as well. 

1001anything.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
as.starware.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.antiforeclosure.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.chineseb.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.eurybia.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.h...sandiegozoo.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.pageronline.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.virtualpetsites.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
click.wwwreference.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
clicknear.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
doityourself.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
ehow.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
forum.doityourself.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
goliath.ecnext.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
goodsearch.com Web Site referral 1 2 2.00
grabstreet.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
homerepair.about.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
housekeeping.about.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
looknearby.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
maps.google.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
pagead2...syndication.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
sales.yellowpages.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
sedoparking.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
shower.ygoy.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
thefreedictionary.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
thesaurus.reference.com Web Site referral 1 1 1.00
theusefulsearch.com
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 2:37pm
Those companies who guarantee a number of clicks deliver on it by using outside sources who can use modified IPs and other methods to disguise where the click is coming from.  They usually come in spurts at the end of the guarantee period.  Hey, they promised and fulfilled the promise.  They did not guarantee WHERE in the world you would get the clicks and you did not specify which ones you would pay for.  If your clicks increase by a factor of 50 shouldn't the emails requesting quotes and the phone calls and the bookings and the sales reflect that increase?  ClickThrus are crap, paying a commission based on an affiliate program you run or a company like Commission Junction handled for you - that makes sense.

Impressions and clickthrus make as much sense as the price guidelines set by the yellow page publisher who says the justification for the rate is the number of homes your ad can be viewed in (yours and every other CC in the area).  Even they should be made to take the risk of getting paid based on outcome and not on POTENTIAL outcome.

Most of those click artists are snakes in the grass.  Caveat Emptor. 
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 11:36pm
I thought the yellow page rep was off his rocker when could guarantee more clicks than Google reported being available. Maybe I could get a job fulfilling the click requests for all the guaranteed clicks.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 2:15am
If you are willing to move overseas to India, China, Russia, be in the Pacific Rim or live in the Philippines which I understand is not bad - and do a water damage business on the side with all the typhoons - yeah!
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2009 at 11:09pm
I think we owe it to each other to keep each other from experiencing all the fraudulent companies out there trying to take our hard earned money. I do believe that Google local maps and organic search SEO are worth investing both time and money.
 Post Reply Post Reply