Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to install a truck mount?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to install a truck mount?
    Posted: 09/March/2009 at 12:00pm
Hi. I was wondering if there were any tutorials or instructions on how to install a truck mount. I'd like to pull it out of one van and put it in another but the prices I've gotten are $600-$1600. And for $600 I have to drive both vans 8 hours round trip! So I figure.. maybe I can do it myself.

It's a panther 25 sitting on top of a stainless steel freshwater tank. I suppose I would need a fork lift to move it all? (That's how they installed it from what I can remember.

Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2009 at 3:24pm
After i watched them install mine its a 2 man job but not too difficult..
Measure correctly.. Drill the holes fasten down then run your gas hook up..
Big%20smile LOL Cry Smile Tongue Wink Confused Embarrassed Dead Clap Angry Ouch Sleepy Shocked Star Unhappy Approve Cool Big%20smile
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2009 at 3:32pm
After you run your gas hook up..............ask someone you don't like to start the thing up..................you should stand back about 2 blocks

Nightrider
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2009 at 7:36pm
I installed a Prochem Legend XL

it was incredibly easy,,,,,,measure the machine so it sits straight as well as the hose reels,,,,,,,,,,I just had a boat tank for fuel so as far as the fuel line if I were to tap into the gas tank I'd probably get my brother (licensed mechanic) to do that part..my van was a diesel so it wasn't an option for me at the time.
A.K.A.
Andy
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2009 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Atlantis Atlantis wrote:

Hi. I was wondering if there were any tutorials or instructions on how to install a truck mount. I'd like to pull it out of one van and put it in another but the prices I've gotten are $600-$1600. And for $600 I have to drive both vans 8 hours round trip! So I figure.. maybe I can do it myself.

It's a panther 25 sitting on top of a stainless steel freshwater tank. I suppose I would need a fork lift to move it all? (That's how they installed it from what I can remember.

Is it a slide in?????  a slide in is a piece of cakeBig%20smile
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2009 at 1:18pm
I have done a couple of slide ins. But that was a long time ago the last one I did mysellf was a pro chem 800 A. With all the new laws I would be careful regarding the fuel hookup to the van's gas tank.
Just My opinion
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2009 at 1:33am
I'm not sure what you mean by slide in. I talked to Mike over at Chemtex (any of you Panther owners will know him). He said "put it back together the way you found it". HA! Nice advise! Wish I would have thought about that myself!

Seriously though, he said to get some landscaping timbers and slide it from one van to the other. It's sitting on top of a fresh water tank which makes it all that much heavier though (the stainless steel chemtex waste tanks).

i guess I'm supposed to unhook it from the waste tank, slide it into the van, slide the waste tank into the other van rearrange it so I can fit the waste tank behind the machine and then line everything up. He said it could be done by one person. Sounds like a big job though. I'm clearing Friday, Saturday and Sunday just in case. ;). And hopefully Monday I can go down to Jon Don and get the fuel tap done.

I'm looking forward to it though! I've been in a Dodge 1500 for the past two years. I'm buying a Ford E350! LOTS more room. Before, I could carry two 1200's and 6 blowers max. I could SQUEEEZE in two Evolutions and 4 blowers. Looking forward to the extra space!

I'm hoping I can set the machine up right next to the hose reel coming out of the side of the van. In my current van the reel is in the back and the machine on the side. Makes for a real pain in the ass when rolling up my hoses. My next purchase (after a 360 or RX-20) is going to be an automatic reel ;). I paid two f**king grand for the fresh water tank though! For that money I could have gotten a f**king automatic with plastic fresh water tank! You live and learn though. It's stainless steel at least.
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2009 at 1:37am
oh. You guys want to see why I'm getting a new van??

OK Ready for this?? My wife... my lovely wife.. my very caring wife...thought she could put a candle on the dash and "heat the van" in the winter. This is to avoid the potential of a busted hose (Dallas doesn't get cold enough to cause any serious damage). At least my car charger still works! LOL

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Atlantis Atlantis wrote:

oh. You guys want to see why I'm getting a new van??

OK Ready for this?? My wife... my lovely wife.. my very caring wife...thought she could put a candle on the dash and "heat the van" in the winter. This is to avoid the potential of a busted hose (Dallas doesn't get cold enough to cause any serious damage). At least my car charger still works! LOL

are you sure your wife did that...lol????  maybe it was  you???
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2009 at 2:55am
A man wouldn't use a candle, he'd use a flamethrowerThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2009 at 8:28pm
You know the saying....."Blame it on someone else..! LOL

Big%20smile Smile Tongue Wink Cry Dead Angry Embarrassed Clap Confused Ouch Star Shocked Sleepy Cool Approve Unhappy Big%20smile
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2009 at 8:52am
Some good advice although a week too late for me.Smile

Swapped over a Blazer clone so not too heavy. Use a forklift as well. Had an airlock which took some time to clear but out other than that went like a dream.

Was going to video it on my Zi6 but got all wrapped up in the experience and forgot.Embarrassed 
 Post Reply Post Reply