Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to polish a Marble Floor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibokural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to polish a Marble Floor?
    Posted: 31/May/2009 at 4:09pm
Hey Guys?
I have a couple of customers with marble floor they want me to clean and polish.I never polish marble floor.Does anybody can give me some tips ?Or some video links or something.Big smile
Thanks in advance 
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2009 at 4:40pm
Don't do things you know nothing about, take a workshop on how to do it.....then apply your knowledge............the way you're going about it may cost you a $hit load of money for your mistakes.

Would you like an amature working on your car breaks, just cause he needs a little cash.

Nightrider
ibokural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibokural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2009 at 6:21pm
Thanks Nigthrider,

I did some stripping and waxing of vinyl, Apparently if you know what to use ,I don't think it is that difficult .I am also trying to find a someone to do the jobs when there is , But I guess will see.I don't think you can compare it to the mechanic work dough.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2009 at 6:43am
Back in 1973 when I started cleaning carpets , a customer asked me if I knew how to  clean his wool carpet that he usually had sent out to a company that charged alot to clean at that time. I assured him that I knew all there was to cleaning a wool carpet and that there would be no problems and he would be happy.....BUMP..........NOT

How come wool doesn't shrink when the sheep are wearing it out in the rain .

Nightrider 
                                                     Nightrider
ibokural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibokural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2009 at 10:50am
I got you Nightrider,Thanks
Abe
http://www.dmaxcarpetcare.com 
Houston,TX.
Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2009 at 9:08pm

Marble or any natural stone for that matter is a totally different animal. You can watch all the vids you want but do yourself a favour and your custy and take a course. You need the right floor machines, diamonds, metals and other handheld grinders/polishers for edgeing, stairs, counters etc. No 2 floors are alike. Some polish easier than others. You need to know how to fill cracks, fissures etc. Meed to know which grit to saty with if there's lippage and which you can stop with and go straight to your compound.

Or you can be like a lot of Hacks and just slop down some crystacrap.

Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2009 at 7:36am
the best think to do is get train, take a class any class so you will get an idea of what you are getting yourself into and than take the NSRA class once you have made made up your mind to continue in the stone biz.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

timscarlata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timscarlata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 2:57pm
The NSRA class is by far the best class I have ever taken and I can return as many times as I want at no extra charge
To provide quality natural stone care, restoration and maintenance through a network of qualified natural stone professionals.

NSRA Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply