Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Questions regarding Superglide and OP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2004 at 10:24pm

Padman you obviously did not read my last post. 

And you contradict yourself by saying you did not condone the beating and then in your next sentence ask why the others were not beaten (implying obviously that Rodney brought it on himself and deserved it).  I already know where you stand.  Van and myself had already cleared the air.

Vandene,

I took a look at your sight and your concept is solid.  I would be lying to you though if I said I did not have any reservations about it.  Are you marketing this system primarily to home owners for themselves or for the professional carpet cleaner?  Even the the price is reasonable for a professional, I don't see the average homeowner dropping down $800 on a system to clean their carpets.

As an option for someone getting into the business it is a good buy.  Not only because of the price but also because of how you have designed the system.  Most people starting out (including myself) had no clue how to clean a carpet properly after buying the unit.  You have included the pre-spray set up, scrub brush for agitation, fibre rinse and eliminated the need for dumping.  Very impressive. 

The dumping feature has its pros and cons.  When you are new in the business and buy a small machine you are stopping to dump often because of overwetting (a common beginner's mistake).  Also, you are sometimes stopping because you have mixed the chemical strong and/or forgot to put defoamer in the recovery tank. 

On the flip side, the auto dump feature makes having a fairly long hose in the way inconveniencing yourself and your client.  And you did acknowledge on your site that the multitude of pieces was a necessary evil in order for system to work as designed.  Some clients might not like you occupying a toilet in house for this purpose, especially if it is the only one.

The system itself does not LOOK very professional to the customer.  I am not saying it does not perform a professional job.  This is the reason why many steam cleaners with a portable like to have a professional looking Ninja, Mytee, Michaels etc. for the perceived professionalism.  And this is why many guys love their truckmounts and wow the customer with their speech of how much better a truckmount is than a portable.  So in short, a customer will see a truckmount as the ultimate, then a convential portable, and then your system. 

Now an individual educated on how to talk to the customer and display their professionalism will win the customer over.  For instance, I have a 400 psi portable and any customer that was expecting a truckmount is thoroughly convinced that I will do as good or a better job before I even start the job.  I educate them briefly on the role of a prespray, dwell time, psi (truckmounts usually don't go above 400), dry passes, certification etc.  You might want to put together a few of these points in a brochure, booklet, or as a link on your site in order to help newbies change a customer's perception of the system at first glance.  How much psi is your system by the way?

You do go into extensive detail when explaining the setup.  This is good but I think a more reader friendly format is needed.  I don' t have all the answers but putting a picture of the complete system at the top of website would be visually engaging.  Right now you have it a the bottom of the site and there is a lot of words to read through before you see any pictures. 

A bunch of questions at the top of the page would invite the reader to be more of a participant in your copy.  For instance: Would you like to achieve professional carpet cleaning results without having to pay what most professional pay for their equipment?  Would you like to know the simple basics of cleaning a carpet that will guarantee a job well done?  Learn about the one technique that can improve your results 100%.(pre-spray with agitation). See the results for yourself. (then show some before and after photos of places you have cleaned).

I could go on and on but I think this is a good start.  

Tell me what you think.  If you think I am way off base or you don't agree with some of what was said; that' s cool.  

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Sponsored Links

vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2004 at 8:47am

gmoney,

Great thoughts and I appreciate them all.

As far as the homeowner not putting down the money, you are right when talking about comparing it with a Bissell or similar system off a WalMart shelf, but understand that many people have paid $2,000.00 - $3,000.00 for a kirby G4, Electrolux Shampooer or Rainbow.

None of these systems have the power of this machine let alone the continuous flow advantage enabling hotter water, no dumping of a small tank and proper application of pre-spray and acid rinse. I am hoping you are wrong on that point because I am hoping to target mostly a residential market with the economy system.

For the record, this vacuum/waste tank is designed to where the foaming problems are not an issue as with other systems. You are right about the hose being in the way a little, but strategic placement will help that and it can also be placed into the wasing machine outlet port if desired. Just make sure you don't forget to put their washing machine drain hose back in. lol

If a person wants a more professional looking unit I have industrial pumps available that can be placed in their own containers or carried with an attached handle like the Water Horse from Pumptec. I also have just about any type of portable casing available including one that is a heavy fiberglass contruction in a very portable 5 gallon container. This is literally hand-carriable and has water lift capability from 117" - 249." We can go up to 340" with other models. This does increase the price considerably, but is also competitive in pricing with anything on the market. In other words, I can give a ninja look with continuous flow if that is what the cleaner wants.

I do have a truck mount configuration as well, but I have drained my finances to the point where I haven't had the extra capital to build it yet. It is an electric unit run by a generator (Either direct-drive or a seperate portable unit in the van), but is much more powerful than a Bane Clean.

This is not to knock Bane however (I don't want to start another controversy) as I started over 15 years ago with a Bane. I am just a believer of high pressure, high heat and high vacuum. The truck mount would have a propane heater for heat, a high heat capacity pressure pump and be powered by large 7.2" Ametek Lamb Motors with Switched Reluctance Brushless Motors. It would have the auto fill and dump feature and also would probably have a waste tank with overfill kill switch.

With generator, heater, pump, vacuums, reels, tank, etc. this would probably run around $6,000.00 or more, but would be very impressive and very low maintenance compared to a gas truck mount.

I am really focusing this invention more towards the residential market and to offer a system to those in the commercial market that want to do the work in-house. I agree strongly that the right portable system used properly will beat any truck mount used improperly every time. Since there are more people that cut corners than do it right, this system shines very brightly when put up against their current cleaner or system.

While I am thrilled to find out you believe in doing the work properly, I see more and more these days that don't. I am big on educating people as to the need for proper pre-vacuuming, pre-spraying, agitation, fiber (acid) rinsing and not running like you are in a race with wand stroke.

We eventually plan on setting up a national service company that will be willing to take over work where we see the customer paying enough money to meet our rates, but not getting professional cleaning done as they should. We not only prove we are better than their current cleaner, but make sure each manager/owner/supervisor knows what they should be watching for so they can keep our people accountable as well. In other words, we don't just say we are good, but explain to them what that entails. Sounds like you are already doing something similar.

For those that expect a professional cleaning for $6.00 a hotel room or $25.00 for a 1,000 (or larger) sq. ft. apartment, we try to explain to them that nobody can give them true professional cleaning without losing money. If they listen and don't want to pay more, we show them how they can get professional results for even less by purchasing the right equipment and using it properly.

If they won't listen, we tell them there are more than enough bozo cleans waiting to line up and clean for those prices while telling them how good they are. If they allow me to show them what good means and decide to watch those cleaners, they will see I am correct and that those cleaners are woefully inadequate. If not, they are certainly allowed to go on being deceived into thinking they are getting a great job done for ridiculously low prices. The problem with being deceived is you don't know you are deceived. I run across this more than I care to admit and may one day even set up a company called lickety-split budget cleaners, but so far, sleeping at night as become more important. lol

I truly appreciate your ideas about getting to the pictures quicker. I didn't like all the text before the pictures and realize I can be too wordy at (you may have noticed that with these short novels I right on this board) times.

The other site for tile and grout is up at http://econotile.cleantileandcarpet.com  I look forward to your comments on this as well.

If I can get the cfm working better with either a glide or by porting the wand differently (which is why I jumped on this board in the first place) the vacuum shown may become much better for carpet as well. It already is incredible for the tile and grout system and a person would be wasting their money to upgrade the vacuum unless they were going to do a lot of carpet. Hopefully a glide or wand configuration will create the drying  times I want for carpet as well.

Keep the suggestions coming. I remain teachable and look forward to your input.

God bless and take care,         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;    Van

Serving others while serving Him,
vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2004 at 9:14am

gmoney,

I re-read your post and realized I forgot to answer your question regarding the psi.

The economy system is a straight flow system using the municipal psi, gpm and heat from a hot tap water. We put on a very restrictive spray nozzle to avoid over-wetting the carpet and to utilize the psi of the municipal tap, but it is straight flow.

I can build any psi a person wants with just about any gpm combination as well. From 20 psi to as high as a person wants to go. My most diverse models are either 250 - 1,200 psi or 400-1,600 psi. The first one is more industrial however and can take a higher inlet heat. I also can put in a 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, etc. Basically whatever a person wants.

We have patent filings on the configuration itself which uses the pump seperated from the vacuum and pump-out, not the individual pieces that make up the system. This is what is referred to as a utility patent instead of just an individual design patent. Much harder to infringe on which is an obvious advantage for us.

I originally built it to simply be able to put more power on the vacuum side without having the amperage pull problems others like the Truckforce, Mytee 7500, Intrepid, Hydrotech, etc. were having. While in the prototype stages (and slowly going broke) the tile and grout industry and the Steamin Demon came on the market which gave us further validation since we were already continous flow and simply adding higher pressure on the pump side made for a great tile system and our most base economy system was straight flush (which by the way was already done by Bissell many years ago and is not patentable by Steamin Demon or myself) using a similar concept of high-flow extraction like the Demon and what Shaw says is so (personally, I still like high pressure, heat and moderate gpm) great.

My filings don't conflict with the Demon's, but we still may have to do battle with them since I am sure they aren't going to like me having something similar at a price that is less than a forth of theirs.

Anyway, it is pretty much whatever psi, gpm, heat, cfm, waterlift a person wants and we can build it using this patent pending configuration.

My biggest problem right now (at the risk of sounding religious or holier than thou, which I am neither) is that I truly believe God has given me this to use the profits for a specific purpose. Without going into a lot of detail, that purpose is to build a course that will help those with stinking thinking learn how to re-program that thinking, set specific goals for their lives and have a definitive plan on how to acheive those goals.

As a result, I am not willing to take on any greedy investors. I am currently contacting some people in hopes of finding those that can help me see this goal go forth for this work and will be joining my company with theirs in the future.

We will probably be directing a lot of this course to prisons and the like and it appears I will be moving to the Dallas, TX area soon to work with Mike Barber Ministries and others who have a like mind to help this go forth.

While in it's infancy, this does have a tremendous amount of potential to be uses in the residential, rental and commercial markets and other than having to put my name on the patent filings since they lock you up if you put God on them, I take very little credit for it.

Hopefully, I will learn to listen to Him more closely and kill my flesh (that comes up out of the grave more than I care to admit) more easily, get out of His way, and see His purposes for this fulfilled.

If not, I will stumble through it all in my flesh and still will do okay I guess, but am hoping I will learn to shut up and be still and let Him be God.

Okay, I will stop preaching, but I make no apologies for loving Jesus, only that I (at times) am not the best representative.

Be blessed and keep the suggestions coming.          ;           ;       Van

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2004 at 11:00am
Van: Great to hear about your plans, and I hope you enjoy much success with them. In the meantime, I do believe you may take the title from me about who can write the longest infomercial, but not propably who can post the most of them! lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2004 at 12:51pm

Padman you obviously did not read my last post. 

And you contradict yourself by saying you did not condone the beating and then in your next sentence ask why the others were not beaten (implying obviously that Rodney brought it on himself and deserved it).  I already know where you stand.  Van and myself had already cleared the air.

Excuse me Gmoney, but I don't think you have much of an idea as to where I stand, and I did not contradict myself at all, I like hearing peoples OPINIONS on situations, and have found very differing opinions based on what was SEEM by the viewers. The FIRST part of the video showed Rodney being very aggressive and contradicotry to the officers. Many that saw it had different views than those that didn't, so why no ANSWER my question as to whether you saw the FIRST part of the video?

Also, your ASSupmtion that I "implied " anything is wrong, I am interested in OTHER peoples views. I stated my opposition to it, but you seem to be more intent on judging my "thoughts" which you know little or nothing about than answering the quesitons.

Of course answering the question is NOT a requirement..LOL

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 12:54am

Padman,

Originally posted by gmoney gmoney wrote:

In response to Padman and yourself, I never once argued his innocence or the fact that he deserved to pay for his misconduct.  That is a given.  The manner in which he was dealt with was totally uncalled for.  The policemen in question turned him into a martyr (their mistake).  Why focus on why Rodney was not guilty?  Which was the crime which had far more social impact?  Its a no brainer.  My question would be why the policemen were not found guilty. 

And just to clarify, its more of a human rights and professional conduct issue than a racial issue.  I would have the same arguement if he was asian or european. 

Since you are a dog with a bone padman, yes I did see the first part of the video.  Obviously by my statements you would know this because I am not denying his guilt.  Your question is still ignorant because the bottom line is that the police were wrong.  Once a man is down he is down.  Mr. Steamer was right when he said just put a knee in his back and cuff him. 

It's mind boggling why your focus is on wether or not he was acting belligerent.  YES HE WAS.  And yes, of course this justifies the actions of the police! (NOT)  Now continue conducting your important poll.  Because society will be better off as a result. 

Why don't you spend your time asking us our opinions on relevant topics as they pertain to this forum.   

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 1:19am
Gmoney: You need to know a little background about Padman to know why he is like a dog with a bone, and wont let it go most of the time. In his family while growing up , they argued over near everything. This started with his father,Grumpy and went on down to the kids. It was expected that you argue everything out to make your point and be able to support your point of view. It is not by accident that John just loves getting into debates today. You might even say that he goes out of his way to find them, and if he can not find them, he starts them by posting stuff he knows will get people riled up. He is one of the few people I know that looks forward to getting people involved in debate. He even has what he calls the Friday Night Fights on his CCSOP board where he invites people to argue over different topics that sometimes he starts. His knowledge in the area of Padding is without equal, and we could never equal him there, but because he has very little experience in the HWE field all his life, probably does not feel he has much to contribute there . I beleive that is the reason that John does not put his input in there. I know this; if the subject is one that John feels he understands enough to give an opinion on, he is never afraid to give it. You may even say he relishes the oportunity. That sometimes means he ends up with his size 16 shoe in his mouth, but not too often. lol 
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I can't believe you just said that Ted..... I don't agree

To make it in this business you have to be able to handle all aspects of the business... from the phones and customer service to the cleaning....You need to be able to handle everything so you don't get taken for a ride....nothing wrong with making your own modification... if you have to run to a repair man for everything you'll go out of business

I'll let the lawn guy cut my lawn...and the gardener tend to my garden....the the house keeper keep my house clean... and I'll clean carpet to pay them....

Mr Steamer,

You are the exception. You are the man we all know that by now. I am sure you could be under your truck repairing and have a rope hooked up to a wand also cleaning a carpet at the same time.

But one of the things that helps pay my rent is when an inexperienced repair type of carpet cleaner goes under his truck to save money and finds it costs him five times more for us to repair what he has now damaged.

Now tell me how could you go broke while your professional mechanic is repairing your one machine from $50 to $60 per hour. You are out with your other machine making $100 per hour. That's the figure most carpet cleaners brag about until they need to buy chemicals.

Now don't tell my mechanic you make $100 per hour or he will be knockin' on my door.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by vandene vandene wrote:

We have patent filings on the configuration itself which uses the pump separated from the vacuum and pump-out, not the individual pieces that make up the system. This is what is referred to as a utility patent instead of just an individual design patent. Much harder to infringe on which is an obvious advantage for us.

In pricing your new product (as I found the hard way) it is never the actual cost of the manufactured product that you create your profit from. To sell something electrically operated you require CSA in Canada and UL approvals in the USA. This costs thousands. And your insurance to protect the public, yourself and your employees costs thousands.

Patents are cheap compared to paying a lawyer to fight against and protect yourself. Sh** happens. Be financially prepared. If you want to get growth you need a distribution system to sell it. This system will cost more than the actual unit. It goes on and on.

Hope this is helpful and we offer you the very best in your endeavor.

Good Cleaning and Good Luck!

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 4:25pm
LOL, I got to say Ken, you nailed that one pretty darn well :~)
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 4:33pm
Thank you , John. I always know more than I let people know that I know.I find it has it's advantages at times.Having people under-estimate me is something that I work at. lol
vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 6:11pm

Ted,

The UL listings are already taken care of. Currently, we are looking at different ways to distribute the product, but are mostly looking at selling several units at discount to some large corporation with WalMart being one of them

I will probably end up having it listed with janitorial and carpet cleaning supply places such as yours, but have to get over the fact that many people will do bozo cleaning with it and my main purpose for building it was to provide people that do their work in-house an affordable and effective package as well as suppying a unique national service company we will be starting in the future.

Because of the blessings I have received with the pricing on some of my parts, I am also able to enter the high-end residential market such as Rug Doctor, Electrolux, Kirby G4, Rainbow, etc.

I guess my biggest concern regarding distributing with people such as yourself is that I felt it may be a conflict of interest since I can build a better unit for less money than anything you currently carry.

I would appreciate it very much if you wouldn't mind giving me the procedure you would follow to accept new products however. You can e-mail me separately at van@cleantileandcarpet.com or vandene@consultant.com

If you haven't already, you are also more than welcome to visit my temporary URL's at either http://econocarpet.cleantileandcarpet.com or http://econotile.cleantileandcarpet.com

As I believe I mention on both sites however, I can build just about any combination of heat, vacuum, pressure, etc. a person wants using this continuous flow combination.

Thanks for your advice. I can use all the help and advice I can get.

Thanks and be blessed.        &nbs p;         Van

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 6:26pm
Looks like a steamon demon

and a shop vac

Or a Rainbow set up

vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2004 at 7:22pm

Bjorn,

It is only like a stemin demon in that the economy model hooks up to the sink. Any pressure model would hook up to the sink with a pressure pump in line. This can be a 100 psi model or an adjustable pressure pump up to 1,600 or anything in between.

The shopvac look is for the lower priced model, but I have several other casings if looks are what you are wanting instead of a great product at a great price. This shopvac looking model is extremely durable, has 200 cfm and pumps out the water while you are vacuuming at over 5 gpm. An incredible machine, especially for tile and grout cleaning.

Currently, we have models that provide up to 340" of water lift. This does raise the price considerably, but I am more than competative in price with anyone apples for apples. I most likely can match the apples and through in some extra fruit for the same money or less.

I don't understand the Rainbow connection at all except I do mention that we have the same "air scrubbing technology" they tout. Quite frankly, so does any wet vacuum system. The comparison stops there however. Much more power, Rainbow has no continuous flow system, they don't even mention their vacuum or psi, but I am sure it is not worth mentioning either. They cost $3,000.00. I start below $700.00 for model with vac, water hookup, injection device and wand.

If a person wants to get great results for their home or start a business on a shoestring budget, this is a great way to do it. If a person wants a more beefed up system, we can accomodate that to and match just about any portable while adding the continuous flow as well.

If you were being critical, it is because you haven't seen what even this economy model can do and obviously don't understand the overall concept. If you were just commenting wondering what I am trying to do. I hope this helped to clear up your confusion.

While I will most likely sell this to anyone including carpet cleaners and tile and grout cleaners, our reason for bringing it to market extends well beyond that.

Be blessed.        &nbs p;         &nbs p;      Van

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>