Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Prochem Legend SE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prochem Legend SE
    Posted: 19/October/2009 at 12:10am
Hello fellow carpet cleaners!! Just bought a Prochem legend SE with 2200 hours.

How hot can they get?

Are they reliable any common problems.

Is it a 20 hosepower unit.

Came in a 1985 Ford Van anyone ever get a wrap one one of those I need to do something with the look I was thinking wrap and some rims. This van is ex long.
Geek Thanks!!
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2009 at 8:25pm
It's a little late to ask this question...you must have gotten a good deal and bought it site unseen. If you buy a horse you should ride it first.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2009 at 10:28pm
Great. Do you have any pics?Big smile
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2009 at 12:15am
Prochem Legend bought in a 1985 ford extended van ugliest thing I ever seen was planning to do a wrap around the whole van.
Second thought, make my thousand back by taking jobs as ugly as it is  find a used van and sell the Sanford and Son van for maybe 500 to a grand.
When I seen it didn't start it was at a church handed him 500 and said I am going to buy a battery and if I have to tow it so be it,. It started right up van was half full of all kind of stuff  five gallons of scotchguard, five gallons of formula 90. Buffer nice one.
case of seam tape. But the reason I jumped was the Prochem. Brought it home and
started right up. He said something about suction when he last cleaned a restaurant.
looked where the hose goes into by the waste tank looks difficult to pull apart due to the hose is only about 6 inches and seperating  looks tough. Need to learn it looks simple.
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2009 at 12:22am
One thousand is what I paid. been sitting for 5 years no tags owner said he would pay the past registration it since it was his fault. Sad thing is the guy was very old and had a heart attack , told me about his carpo tunnel shoulder problems damn. Felt easier when he said it was mostly due to carpet installation but wanding did play a factor. He totally walked away 5 to 6 toolboxes of cutters  kickers. Hoses wands reels came with everything 
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2009 at 1:00am
Quick question how hot can it get up to ?
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2009 at 5:38am
I know they are a hotter unit than the newer model XL and maybe only a little behind the newest GT. At a guess I would say the temp should be 210 to 220. A friend of mine has one with 4400 hours on it ( has never missed a beat ) and he prefers it way over his XL.

Edited by RIP IT - 20/October/2009 at 5:40am
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 6:01pm
You will not get or sustain that kind of heat out of that unit while cleaning.Guitar
Just My opinion
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2009 at 12:39am
get that thing out of that old van. Dont waist the money wrapping that old thing.
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2009 at 1:58am
Damn right, just bought a 1997 GMC Savanah 2500 with 138k miles from a electrical company  for 2000 bucks. Its got almost brand new tires w/chrome rims.
That 1985 Ford Econoline extended rust bucket is going to the junk yard. When I drove it home the slop on that steering wheel almost died on the freeway not to mention damn (embarrasing). Sad thing was that I was trying to justify a way to keep it. Until I got slapped and slapped myself again for even considering.
   Hysterical All i had to do was pop in the Sanford & Son CD and just let it play
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2009 at 11:36pm
Gmc is a great truck. You'll get alot of life out of her.
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2009 at 11:59pm
Damn this machine gets hot 230 up to 240  degrees all the time. Prochem Legend SE (old machine) I keep the manual dial at 300 do not know if that makes a difference.
I have to work constantly.  One steaming machine.And when leaving a customers house  the TM isn't kicking off that high heat where you need to have the AC on.
I tapped into a hot side of an empty house washing machine thats just to damn hot !!!!Bouncing Smileys
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2009 at 12:03am
Might have to do what Doug said
sounds more like it is not bypassing to cool itself down I would descale it first than see what the heat is like?

What is the worse case scenario running it at 230 all the time ? And not descaling.

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2009 at 12:32am
Turned the temp dial down from 300 to 13o and I am staying at 200 degrees.
Guess the dial do something. Damn this machine gets hot  and unlike my other tms its cool inside when I am leaving the custy.Steering
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>