Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Fresh Water Tanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh Water Tanks
    Posted: 10/October/2004 at 9:20am
I am presently looking for a pair of molded fresh water tanks. I presently have a pair of bridgepoint tanks in one van and looking for another molded set for my new van.  Even a Pro chem set as small as they are would be ok.  I will also will  be getting rid of a 125 gallon side mount tank if anyone is interested.Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2004 at 9:57am
have you thought about getting two custom made tanks??? sorry I didn't get a chance to get back to you
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2004 at 10:15am
Mr. Steamer:  I thought about that, but welders around here think they are customizing gold.Guitar
Just My opinion
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2004 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

I thought about that, but welders around here think they are customizing gold.Guitar

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2004 at 11:35pm

You haven't been to the right ones........ don't specify the application.... just have specs on what you want and get a price...

I normally tell them if this works for me....I might need a few hundred more...that always gets you a great price

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 12:21am
Mr Steamer is right. Nothing gets the competitive bid process started as well as having specs written down for what you want and the fact that you are taking tenders to have the work done. That is the only way you get the best price for a project.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 7:57am
I had the one made I am presently going to get rid of it has been a good tank.  I still hear stories of leaking tanks from other cleaners. I guess the only way to go would be SS and that is not cheap.  Oh wellGuitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 11:34am
$1500 will get a good 100 gallon tank made in SS.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 11:38am
Ken I prefer saddle tanks to balance the weight.  Plus all the weight on one side is not good.  I think for that kind of money I might just as well go molded tanks.Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 12:45pm
Two tanks is better, but if mounting a 100 gal tank on will work fine as long as a 1 ton van is used too.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 1:02pm
Ken:  That is why I need new tanks my 125 gallon water tank will not fit in the 05 1 ton Savana I have coming. They are smaller inside so the need for a new tank.Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 8:38pm
Then 2   60 gal tanks is what you need.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 11:06pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Ken:  That is why I need new tanks my 125 gallon water tank will not fit in the 05 1 ton Savana I have coming. They are smaller inside so the need for a new tank.Guitar
Theres a place in Brampton I deal with it's called stainless process....(i can't find the number right now) they will weld you two brand new 125 gal stainless tank for about 1000 with materials... just give then the specs...

I had a few made a couple of years ago.... they did a great job

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2004 at 11:11pm
Mr. Steamer:  I think the molded Bridgepoint tanks I have are a 100 US gallons each.  Trouble is GM made the vans after 02 smaller inside.GuitarGuitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>