Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

60 gallon tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARPETCLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60 gallon tank
    Posted: 21/July/2010 at 4:30pm
The prochem blazer has a 50 gallon tank and a 60 gallon recovery tank.  Is this enough to clean pretty much any house?
Sponsored Links

Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2010 at 1:37am
nah, IMO i got a 50-60 gal wasteH20 tank, i can do maybe 500 SF before needing to PO.  I use RV. dump sites and clients toliets/ sewer plugs, if RV drop site i pass cost onto client. explain part of being green is being responsible for what we put back, they all understand...... so far lol. theres a post here on Waster water dumping
"A'ohe hana nui ka alu'ia."
Translation: No task is too big when done together.

CARPETCLEANER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARPETCLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2010 at 2:14am
What does PO mean? I'm thinking I might need a bigger tank if I can only do 500 square feet. What do you do if the house is 1000 sq feet since you can't dump the water at a customers house? Again thanks for all the info. You have been the most helpful person that gave me advise.
Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2010 at 2:29am
PO= Pump Out; the only time I do NOT use clients toliet to dump out, is if they are NOT connected to a Sewer line/City Sewer treatment plant. Our waster will cause Septic, and cesspools to fail, due to the fact plants love it and will grow roots in and out of your clients home plumbing.  Thus the RV drop sites, I then explain at begging of est. or job that here is your total sq, i can handle this much sq. so there will be a waste water dump charge... i think you get the point. If you let your clients know that part of being "green" is being responsible bit, should be NP.

Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2010 at 2:31am
Originally posted by CARPETCLEANER CARPETCLEANER wrote:

What does PO mean? I'm thinking I might need a bigger tank if I can only do 500 square feet. What do you do if the house is 1000 sq feet since you can't dump the water at a customers house? Again thanks for all the info. You have been the most helpful person that gave me advise.
before upgrading your water tanks, be sure to check if your vehical's suspension can handle it. Last thing you need is a sick horse.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 10:43am
if you are using that much water you need to have the machine checked over .  It is bypassing way too much water.
Just My opinion
Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 11:00am
According to my techs. They said they model of tm i have (spitfire 4.0) has problems with water temps going to high. I have had hot water shoot out of the mix box. Guess thats the price i pay for a used older TM. Anyhow they put in a bypass so if ot gets too hot the exvess goes into wastebox. Yeah it sux but i doing my best for now. If still goibg well i will upgrade to a new TM and van. Prior to my problem with temp i asked the sales guy how much will a 55gal wasterwater tank handle. He said at MOST around 6-700 sf. But by then i may see water or moisture coming from exshaust. (which i do). This is all i been told.
Any calculator for wastewater? Exp. Approx ___ sf to a gal of wastewater?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARPETCLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 1:33pm
Doug approximately how many square feet of residential would you say I should be able to do with a 60 gallon tank. With and without a rotovac ? Thanks for your help.
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2010 at 1:20am
Carpet Cleaner;

I would say about 500 sq ft in a residential setting.

Most people clean close to 400 to 500 sq ft per hour there.

If you are using a 50% duty cycle you are probably using .75 gal/min in water.

.75gal/minutes .80 minutes = 60 gallons

So you are likely going to be out in 80 minutes time.

I advise you to get a 100 gallon water tank ASAP or go AP. Only go to the 100 gal tank however if your van is a 1 ton model or 3/4 ton model with upgraded suspension.

Hope that helps.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2010 at 1:35am
Thanks Ken, it helps me. I appriciate the tips

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2010 at 3:13am
Thanks Lanakila.

I like to help out whenever I can.

After 30+ years in this business I feel the obligation to give something back to it whenever I get the chance.Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARPETCLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2010 at 11:56am
Thanks so much for your help Ken.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2010 at 2:45am
You are welcomeSmile
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2010 at 1:51pm
that's crazy! You're using too much water. I can clean an entire house with a 60 gallon waste tank. I clean at about 300 PSI though. Sometimes, if the carpets are REALLY bad, I'll take it up to 500, but in my opinion, with a good pre-treatment and enough heat, 300 PSI cleans GREAT.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>