Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting and Building a Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2004 at 7:49pm
People want to deal with the Boss/Owner, they always do. They think the Boss is likely to cut a better deal or knows more (even if that is not the case). Put youself in that situation. You go to buy a car. The salesman is forever running to the managers office or to the Boss. You might as well be dealing directley with the Boss. The son taking over the business, he is too going to be the Boss. He is already the Bosses so/daughter.
H8 DIRT
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2004 at 4:43pm
I'm just wondering... How does the independant Cleaner deal with their big name competition????
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2004 at 4:44pm
WE don't CUT ANY deals, 30 cents a square PERIOD!
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2004 at 4:48pm
So you're willing to lose a few calls.... Padman I think your in a market of your own..... you're not steam and you're not chem dry... ur OP

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2004 at 7:21pm

Well all I can tell you is "IF" what you guys are telling me is true, then WE really do have a much larger benefit than even I thought we did.

People don't even bother ASKING for deals, the DEAL is clean carpet.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
steed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2004 at 8:03pm

The key to building a business can start from a number of angles. What types of business image, example small family business image, corporate image . This will decide what avenue of marketing!!!! Word of mouth, PR with your existing customers, type of advertisement direction , live demonstrations at malls with entry mats or carpet spotters , home and garden shows . Its requires effort and time not necessary allot of money.

I started in 1982 , very small carpet cleaning business. Its took me 6 years to make it a very stable and profitable company. It seem to take you a direction of deciding what market share do you want, the low end clients or the mid to high end clients . Do I what to work more jobs a day for a certain $ amount or work few jobs the same $ amount.  Every one has an view what a successful company is and that view will not be the same for every one. My view is keep it simple and have fun doing it!

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2004 at 5:53pm

Have fun...and pay the bills....some customers can make you re-evaluate your job... I've felt like to pack it in many a day... but I have wife ..kids ..mortgage...car payments... tax payments... damn it's worse than jail...so I grin and bare it....most times it works out alright in the end

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2004 at 12:50pm
In my small area we cleanem all.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2004 at 9:27pm
but you don't have to like it douggie
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2004 at 10:28pm
Mr. Steamer:  WE do because we have to.  Like it or not.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2004 at 11:21pm
it must be busy to be able to run 2 405's up in your one horse town???
www.mr-steamer.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2004 at 2:14am
Not if they are pulled by the same horse Mr. Steamer.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2004 at 7:47am
Mr. Steamer: I woudn't want ot over work them.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2005 at 4:05pm

How do you feel about give aways??? good or bad

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>